The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Also away friendlies due to the building work, will we ask for away game(s) at the start of the season? 

The whatever its called cup requires us to play 2 home and 2 away  games anyway, i'm sure we can arrange it so we start with the away games if needed

32 minutes ago, basher brash said:

It was well documented that Lang and Macdonald have offers else where so more or less they have rejected the new contract offer or have already said we are off to pastures new, Spencer as per usual strings it out every year and is last to resign on a 1 year deal so who knows if he will stay , One way or another we will be in a better placed this season regarding players and Murray knows the areas to strengthen even if Murray does go to Dundee Andy Barrowman I’m sure said he’s watched Rovers about 9 times since the Xmas so he will be aware also of what’s required 

I dunno about that. This time last year we had most of a midfield, we're worried about having to make do with Gullan up front and had to rebuild centre of defence.

Last year we at least had McDonald and Berra at this point. 😆

Spencer has the option of signing, doesn't he? I am hoping he has interest elsewhere tbh as he was mince in the latter part of the season. However, if he wants to stay then there's nothing we can do. Hopefully he wasn't offered one of those daft McGlynn contracts. 

I am not convinced we offered Lang anything. Both he and Nolan were absent from the initial report that came via Scott Burns. It could be that he indicated he did not want to stay, or perhaps Murray just didn't feel he was the right player, who knows. I'd have kept Lang personally, but you won't find any arguments that our defence needs to be improved. That can only be done by bringing in new players. 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Hopefully he wasn't offered one of those daft McGlynn contracts. 

How could that of happened?? John McGlynn wasn’t here last summer he went to Falkirk and I think he started talks when Ian Murray got appointed as Murray said he would talk to Brad about staying so it would’ve been a full new contract

11 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Spencer has the option of signing, doesn't he? I am hoping he has interest elsewhere tbh as he was mince in the latter part of the season. However, if he wants to stay then there's nothing we can do. Hopefully he wasn't offered one of those daft McGlynn contracts. 

A fit Spencer is a class player at this level.

Hope he stays.

1 hour ago, Nairney said:

Lang started out as a bit of a favourite of mine - reminded me a bit of one of, one of my all time favourite players, Mark Campbell. Feel pretty indifferent about him leaving though. After the came back from injury, he was a bit too fond of a rash challenge - too risky when our squad was down to the bare bones.

Kinda how I feel too, Lang had a few tremendous games for us but like you say not the same player after the ACL. I'm sure there is still a very good CB in him

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Gutted to see Young go, in all probability because he’s a year too soon for a reserve team. Be interested to see where he ends up in a few years, as I feel certain he would have grown into a starting role here in a couple of years.

According to sinky who replied to rovers post on twitter we apparently gave Young a contract but then took it off the table so I dunno if that’s true or not…. but let’s be real he wasn’t gonna get game time at all so maybe moving on is the best for him

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Was Vaughan's testimonial match not supposed to be this preseason?

It was, probably been pushed back now seeing as we won't be playing any home games till the season starts proper and the work on the stadium is finished.

Edited by SanStarko

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

According to sinky who replied to rovers post on twitter we apparently gave Young a contract but then took it off the table so I dunno if that’s true or not…. but let’s be real he wasn’t gonna get game time at all so maybe moving on is the best for him

This is where I’m perplexed. He looked pretty solid in limited appearances the last couple of years, and spent time at Elgin successfully competing directly with a Premiership loanee. But he couldn’t buy time under IM, so I suspect there’s something IM didn’t like, for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, keyser_soze said:

Kinda how I feel too, Lang had a few tremendous games for us but like you say not the same player after the ACL. I'm sure there is still a very good CB in him

I not sure that a somewhat rushed return for his injury, and then having to be the senior CB of the pair, didn’t do something to his game/mindset. Maybe as the more experienced CB he felt he had to make a mark, and it ended up as rash challenges? Pair him with an experienced CB and his game might regress to his previous solid standard…but that speculation not a luxury we have right now if he wants to look around.

3 minutes ago, Rover1883 said:

Can definitely see lang heading to the Pars and doing a bene 

He’s been there already and didn’t do much. The chat of him going to the Premiership is wild. I’d be quite happy if he signed for one of our direct rivals. 

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

He’s been there already and didn’t do much. The chat of him going to the Premiership is wild. I’d be quite happy if he signed for one of our direct rivals. 

Hes been out best centre half this season after coming back from an ACL injury. 

When paired with Berra he was even better.

Game at castle gray skull he was immense.

No idea how anyone can have an opinion that hes not been good for us. 

Just now, Hadji said:

Hes been out best centre half this season after coming back from an ACL injury. 

When paired with Berra he was even better.

Game at castle gray skull he was immense.

No idea how anyone can have an opinion that hes not been good for us. 

He’s had some great games, definitely, but he has also individually cost us more points than probably any other player. So, so many mistakes. 

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

He’s had some great games, definitely, but he has also individually cost us more points than probably any other player. So, so many mistakes. 

Every centre half at this level makes mistakes but hes not a chance made more mistakes than Nolan or MacDonald.

Proof will be in his next move, which I've heard is up the way.