The New Raith Rovers Thread

Gutted to see Young go, in all probability because he’s a year too soon for a reserve team. Be interested to see where he ends up in a few years, as I feel certain he would have grown into a starting role here in a couple of years.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Gutted to see Young go, in all probability because he’s a year too soon for a reserve team. Be interested to see where he ends up in a few years, as I feel certain he would have grown into a starting role here in a couple of years.

Maybe @TxRover hopefully he finds a decent club and gets playing time . He may comeback in the future you never know

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

with all the respect to the lad, he was last pick everytime.

only got any mins when there was no other options (i.e he was the only sub) he wasn't even 1st choice while on loan at elgin. 

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Coulson is a perfect example of what opportunities are there to be taken. I'd expect he'll end up somewhere like Bonnyrigg or Spartans.

No real complaints at that list. MacDonald probably the only one I would have liked to have stayed, but then reducing the big wage players is a sensible move. If any part of the team needed surgery then it was the defence, so Lang and Nolan departing can hopefully lead to something better and a bit more solid. More encouraging is the retained list, looking at that squad there’s the core of a decent side there. If we make the right additions then it could be something to really look forward to. 

Edited by roverthemoon

15 minutes ago, Hadji said:

with all the respect to the lad, he was last pick everytime.

only got any mins when there was no other options (i.e he was the only sub) he wasn't even 1st choice while on loan at elgin. 

Actually, he was first pick for a month at Elgin, and then rotated starting with the lad from Aberdeen.

4 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Spencer's position might depend on Murray's.

If Murray goes, Spencer stays, and vice versa.

Sure one of the ‘team mates’ interviews, might have been Lang and Vaughan? Mentioned that Spencer was seen as Murray’s favourite and they were regular laughing and joking together after training.

Obviously depends on how he see’s his role in the side but it would appear the relationship between the two is really good or certainly was a couple of months ago. The delay may be on the terms of the extension. When Spencer agreed his 1 year extension last summer he was comfortably our best midfielder and had come off a really strong season so would have been paid accordingly. His last season wasn’t as good so he may not be valued quite the same internally.

All complete conjecture though, obviously!

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Actually, he was first pick for a month at Elgin, and then rotated starting with the lad from Aberdeen.

He was 1st pick when they didn't have a left back is kinda ma whole point. 

Hope he kicks on tho. 

10 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

No real complaints at that list. MacDonald probably the only one I would have liked to have stayed, but then reducing the big wage players is a sensible move. If any part of the team needed surgery then it was the defence, so Lang and Nolan departing can hopefully lead to something better and a bit more solid. More encouraging is the retained list, looking at that squad there’s the core of a decent side there. If we make the right additions then it could be something to really look forward to. 

I’ll be really interested in where MacDonald, Lang and Nolan land. MacDonald likely can’t get near the money we were probably giving him without moving, and with young kids I could see him either taking a P-T gig nearby or retiring. Lang likely will have plenty of offers, and Nolan will be a wildcard…will he get a National League or League Two offer Dow  south?

Anyone know what Jamma has as his after football plans? Caddying with Davo, perhaps…

2 minutes ago, Hadji said:

He was 1st pick when they didn't have a left back is kinda ma whole point. 

Hope he kicks on tho. 

Except they had him on even terms with a youngster from a Premiership side, just saying. When he played, he looked pretty decent, but apparently IM wasn’t impressed, or had different plans. I think we’ll potentially regret Young and Nolan, but that’s the life of a budget limited, provincial team, eh?

20 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Except they had him on even terms with a youngster from a Premiership side, just saying. When he played, he looked pretty decent, but apparently IM wasn’t impressed, or had different plans. I think we’ll potentially regret Young and Nolan, but that’s the life of a budget limited, provincial team, eh?

Am sorry but nolan ? not for me easily one we could replace quality like for like. 

Lang started out as a bit of a favourite of mine - reminded me a bit of one of, one of my all time favourite players, Mark Campbell. Feel pretty indifferent about him leaving though. After the came back from injury, he was a bit too fond of a rash challenge - too risky when our squad was down to the bare bones.

Disappointed to see MacDonald and Lang leave but not unexpected.  If you consider that we'll probably also be looking for players to cover/compete with Millen and Dick then it could effectively be a whole new defence coming in.  

Was pretty evident that Murray was getting more and more frustrated every time he got asked about us conceding the same types of goals despite him working on it with the players over and over in training.  Got to imagine that's played into his decision making a bit in terms of who to offer deals to for resigning and how much.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Releasing McDonald and Lang will be judged by the quality of their replacements, the rest I don't think there is much room for complaint.

I'm sure 'released' isn't technically accurate for those two. If they're offered deals and don't sign then fair enough. 

Out of the other it's a pity it hasn't worked out for Greig Young but no point in having him waste another year at 3rd choice left back. 

Spencer I suspect will still go.

Preseason friendlies out now too.

⚽️ Linlithgow Rose (A)
🗓️ Sat 24th June, 2.30pm

⚽️ Montrose (A)
🗓️ Tue 27th June, 7.45pm

⚽️ Kelty Hearts (A)
🗓️ Sat 1st July, 2pm

⚽️ East Fife (A)
🗓️ Sat 8th July, 2pm

I’m going to screw up and miss at least one of those Saturday games thanks to none of them kicking off at 3pm.

Edited by SanStarko

Just now, SanStarko said:

⚽️ Linlithgow Rose (A)
🗓️ Sat 24th June, 2.30pm

⚽️ Montrose (A)
🗓️ Tue 27th June, 7.45pm

⚽️ Kelty Hearts (A)
🗓️ Sat 1st July, 2pm

⚽East Fife (A)
🗓️ Sat 8th July, 2pm

Batten down the chairs.

3 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

⚽️ Linlithgow Rose (A)
🗓️ Sat 24th June, 2.30pm

⚽️ Montrose (A)
🗓️ Tue 27th June, 7.45pm

⚽️ Kelty Hearts (A)
🗓️ Sat 1st July, 2pm

⚽️ East Fife (A)
🗓️ Sat 8th July, 2pm

Whit, nae Coodenbeath in there  😂😂 

It was well documented that Lang and Macdonald have offers else where so more or less they have rejected the new contract offer or have already said we are off to pastures new, Spencer as per usual strings it out every year and is last to resign on a 1 year deal so who knows if he will stay , One way or another we will be in a better placed this season regarding players and Murray knows the areas to strengthen even if Murray does go to Dundee Andy Barrowman I’m sure said he’s watched Rovers about 9 times since the Xmas so he will be aware also of what’s required