The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

Did I say they’ve signed anyone, they have a manager making “inroads” like any manager I suppose. Our manager might be gathering information on new players or identify players for Dundee. If we have others within the club identifying potential signings what’s the point in having a manager?

I get a lot of s**t here, often justifiably, because I’m a cheerleader for the younger players and often want things to happen, but aim not sure I’ve actually seen or achieved the actual level of knicker wetting present in this one post…sit doon and take a deep breath man!

What is the actual situation with Dundee, has Murray been for an interview have we given permission for them to speak to him? 

It seems from the outside looking in Dundee couldn't find their own arse with both hands and are unlikely to appoint anyone soon. 

I can't see what all the panic is about signing players. It's the end of the season and players are on holiday unless they're involved in the play-offs or have just about to finish the premier league season. Player's contracts aren't even up yet and probably renegotiating new contracts. Who knows, we might have player's signed on pre-contract agreements but can't announce them yet.

7 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

I can't see what all the panic is about signing players. It's the end of the season and players are on holiday unless they're involved in the play-offs or have just about to finish the premier league season. Player's contracts aren't even up yet and probably renegotiating new contracts. Who knows, we might have player's signed on pre-contract agreements but can't announce them yet.

Facts👏🏻 also if the manager leaves we’ve still got a CEO and DOF to make other signings or at least convince players to sign whilst looking for a replacement as it’s there Job 

19 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

There is understandable jitters, I think, given last Summer every week was "we'll get a centre back soon"

1 hour ago, Hadji said:

The way the new structure works means that we're not reliant on the manager to make signings.

Manager will identify targets along with Potter and a shortlist is drawn up Potter and Barrowman will speak to players on that list, and try to sell the idea to the players. 

Cheers man, that’s all I wanted to know. That’s all it took to get that info in the auld noggin👍

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

I get a lot of s**t here, often justifiably, because I’m a cheerleader for the younger players and often want things to happen, but aim not sure I’ve actually seen or achieved the actual level of knicker wetting present in this one post…sit doon and take a deep breath man!

Excellent overseas use of "sit doon". Award yourself 2 points.

Thats the retained and released list out.,.. Shame to see MacDonald go! Some player for us these past few years. 

PLAYERS DEPARTED

Jamie MacDonald
Ryan Nolan
Connor McBride
Tom Lang
Luke Mahady
Greig Young

Edited by GhostZapper

Only real disappointment is Jamma. As I've mentioned before, I like both Lang and Nolan but we shouldn't be really keeping the defence together given that we lost 19 goals from set pieces last season. Only other surprise is that we're still in discussions with Spencer. Pretty much all of us thought he was off.

Lang is the biggest miss there, I really think he's been underrated by a lot of folk on these pages. Hopefully he's got a gig in the Premiership or down South, rather than with a direct rival. 

It was only a matter of time with MacDonald, he's not going to be able to play Championship football indefinitely. It gives us the chance to go and try to find a keeper for the next three or four years. Obviously a hugely important piece of business to be done there, and I'm excited to see who comes in. 

I didn't ever have the feeling that Nolan would be staying, and hopefully he goes on to have a good career. I said at the beginning of the season that he really needed 50 games just to get settled into proper football, and he's a good way there now. Fingers crossed he goes somewhere where he'll get a regular game. 

No complaints or real strong thoughts on the other three. If McBride gets another full-time gig his agent needs a medal. Mahady's going to be lucky to resurface at Lowland League level after a very low key spell at Gala, and I've not seen anywhere near enough of Greig Young to say either way, but I suspect he'd have been kept on if we had a reserve team in place. 

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

Only real disappointment is Jamma. As I've mentioned before, I like both Lang and Nolan but we shouldn't be really keeping the defence together given that we lost 19 goals from set pieces last season. Only other surprise is that we're still in discussions with Spencer. Pretty much all of us thought he was off.

Did Spence not wait until the last minute last season? No shocks on the list, pretty much all covered on here. Jamma biggest loss but if he’s off then he’s off no point dwelling on it. Glad it’s cleared up now and hopefully Murray and the board have a list ready of who we are after.