The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, renton said:

Who have they signed?

Exactly what I was about to say. From what I gather they've signed a boy they had on loan last season, basically what we've done with McGill and extended a few players contracts. They've probably done the same amount of business we have at the moment. However the belief that Murray is sitting at home twiddling his thumbs not interested in continuing to try and source players/extend contracts with us is hilarious, I'm sure he's doing what we he can whilst things rumble in the background. 

We’ve also got to plenty others at the club who will be assessing and identifying targets, regardless of who the manager is or will be. It’s not like everything has ground to a halt. Be patient, it’s May.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

39 minutes ago, renton said:

Who have they signed?

Did I say they’ve signed anyone, they have a manager making “inroads” like any manager I suppose. Our manager might be gathering information on new players or identify players for Dundee. If we have others within the club identifying potential signings what’s the point in having a manager?

Edited by baillieinleeds

9 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Did I say they’ve signed anyone, they have a manager making “inroads” like any manager I suppose. Our manager might be gathering information on new players or identify players for Dundee. If we have others within the club identifying potential signings what’s the point in having a manager?

…do you think we are the only club on planet earth to have more than the manager identifying potential signings? 

Football's still being played and we've signed two new players. OK, one of them was on loan last season, but he's now our player and is someone that we don't have to find a replacement for. We have also managed to keep our top scorer. 

At this point in time, that's good going. 

Edited by Michael W

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

…do you think we are the only club on planet earth to have more than the manager identifying potential signings? 

The manager has to make sure it’s the right player for the required positions. Maybe I’m old fashioned. But hey I’m in the subset of Rovers fans that deserves ridicule eh??

26 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

How do you know McPake is making inroads? Define "inroads" - is it making contract offers? Phoning some c**t's agent? Is it opening The WyScout application and jerking off at some non league jobber Cryuff turning some c**t on a YouTube compilation?

Edited by renton

3 minutes ago, renton said:

How do you know McPake is making inroads? Define "inroads" - is it making contract offers? Phoning some c**t's agent? Is it opening The WyScout application and jerking off at some non league jobber Cryuff turning some c**t on a YouTube compilation?

I thought this was primarily a fan thing, like when people tried to justify Frederiksen based on a youtube package. 🤣

9 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

The manager has to make sure it’s the right player for the required positions. Maybe I’m old fashioned. But hey I’m in the subset of Rovers fans that deserves ridicule eh??

No you just say stupid shit a lot. 

4 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I thought this was primarily a fan thing, like when people tried to justify Frederiksen based on a youtube package. 🤣

I thought it was Deadliest Catch that the club spotted him on?

Im pretty relaxed about the Murray situation because of the new structure at the club and Connolly mentioned it on his signing video saying «  Potts had shared the vision of what they want to do » we appear to have a more cohesive structure in place and not relying on one man. I personally think Murray would be daft to take the Dundee job as you don’t get much time there and he is a slow builder kinda guybut understand why he would ( bigger club, premier league etc) 

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

Have you read todays FFP article? Murray's raving about having the additional help from Potter in terms of recruitment. 

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

The manager has to make sure it’s the right player for the required positions. Maybe I’m old fashioned. 

The way the new structure works means that we're not reliant on the manager to make signings.

Manager will identify targets along with Potter and a shortlist is drawn up Potter and Barrowman will speak to players on that list, and try to sell the idea to the players. 

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

Have you read todays FFP article? Murray's raving about having the additional help from Potter in terms of recruitment. 

And Barrowman as well so If Murray does go then there’s another 2 people there to sign players until a new manager comes in