The New Raith Rovers Thread

Don't shoot the messenger, this is just what I've heard, but apparently we're looking to bring in someone from Livi (not sure if loan or permanent) - Isma maybe? Apparently he stays in Kirkcaldy now. We apparently tried to get Callum Smith from Airdrie and some boy from Celtic called Adam Montgomery but no such luck. 

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Don't shoot the messenger, this is just what I've heard, but apparently we're looking to bring in someone from Livi (not sure if loan or permanent) - Isma maybe? Apparently he stays in Kirkcaldy now. We apparently tried to get Callum Smith from Airdrie and some boy from Celtic called Adam Montgomery but no such luck. 

I reckon we can still get smith if we maybe put in a better offer unless he’s going back to the pars, I would take Robertson who’s leaving Edinburgh I think he’s good enough for Full time football in the championship and he can score goals 

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

No way we’ll be signing Goncalves. Got the impression him and Murray didn’t get on. He didn’t even come to any of the games after he got injured. 

Agree with this. I'd be astonished if we signed Goncalves.

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

No way we’ll be signing Goncalves. Got the impression him and Murray didn’t get on. He didn’t even come to any of the games after he got injured. 

That was certainly what was getting mooted around at games but whether it’s true is another thing (about him and Murray not getting on)

3 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I reckon we can still get smith if we maybe put in a better offer unless he’s going back to the pars.

Or maybe he will stay at newly promoted Airdrie. 

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Agree with this. I'd be astonished if we signed Goncalves.

I wasn’t impressed with Goncalves or Akio tbh, Goncalves for a physical guy never really put himself about looked like he couldn’t be arsed jumping for headers, never tried to go shoulder to shoulder etc I can’t see it if it’s anyone from Livi probably Jack Hamilton? 

18 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Montgomery is out on loan to St Johnstone isn't he? Short arse left back?

31 minutes ago, Raithie said:

He's under contract until next summer, but I wondered if we might not be looking to bring Jack Hamilton in as first choice goalkeeper, if MacDonald does go. 

I don't know details, and I don't think I'd share them if I did, but I believe he had some sort of personal matter shortly after he left Morton which meant that rather than getting a good move after a stellar season, he basically dropped out of the game until he popped up as Livi's back-up option a few months down the line. I wouldn't be surprised if he's now keen to get back into being someone's first pick.  

Edited by Raith Against The Machine

30 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Goncalves was as bout as good as a chocolate tea pot 

2 hours ago, bagpuss said:

Is there a deadline (say 31 May) by which we have to submit to the SPFL lists of released, retained players and those holding offers and considering them? I don't know if there is just asking

Not sure why there would be, as every contract has to be registered with the SPFL. The Players Association seems to maintain an available list in some form. Don’t see any “requirement”.

37 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

He's under contract until next summer, but I wondered if we might not be looking to bring Jack Hamilton in as first choice goalkeeper, if MacDonald does go. 

I don't know details, and I don't think I'd share them if I did, but I believe he had some sort of personal matter shortly after he left Morton which meant that rather than getting a good move after a stellar season, he basically dropped out of the game until he popped up as Livi's back-up option a few months down the line. I wouldn't be surprised if he's now keen to get back into being someone's first pick.  

can see the twitter post now

Dick OFF

Strapp ON

completely misread that whole paragraph, i read it as you fancy the left back from Morton, my bad.

Edited by bobbydazzler
misread