The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Wardy said:

The key thing he says here is “looks likely”

You guys are 3-0 up on Ayr and Ross County would need to win about 7-0 against Killie to force the swing in goal difference….not definite no. But likely it’ll be Thistle against County. Probably. Maybe.

Wrong. County just need to win at Kilmarnock.  And was before they went ahead tonight.

1 minute ago, Highlandmagar said:

Wrong. County just need to win at Kilmarnock.  And was before they went ahead tonight.

Could have sworn when I looked at the table before they went 3-2 up that they were 3 points behind Killie but like 7 goals behind. Academic now. 

13 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Eh naw. People on here calling for Berra  no thanks a man that left the club with no notice. Davidson is not a bad manager. Our most successful manager was an ex Rangers player manager with an experienced number 2.  If Murray goes I certainly don't want Mickey as manager and its a naw to McCall or Potter.

As far as I  was led to believe Berra knowing he wouldn't last the season left to free up a wage so Murray could get someone in, so until I am told otherwise I wont hold that against him

1 minute ago, Wardy said:

Could have sworn when I looked at the table before they went 3-2 up that they were 3 points behind Killie but like 7 goals behind. Academic now. 

N9w they are 3 points behind. But with a better gd of 3

5 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Don’t think I’ve ever been as unbothered about a Rovers manager being linked with another job.

I'm much the same. The difference is we have a structure in the background that will bring in the right person but recruitment will not necessarily stop with Potter and Barrowman looking for players

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

8 goals of a difference, cant see Motherwell conceed that many at home, they're doon

Realistically you're looking at a 4 goal win for United and 4 goal defeat for Ross County at Killie. Seems improbable to say the least. 

5 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Another curve ball how about HSWHW with a smart assistant?

Certainly solves the striker problem, but gawd knows what accomplished assistant there is, and what's gonna happen with Cameron as I cant see Dundee wanting him as well

3 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Cameron is also a former Dundee player, Murray may want it.

A savvy No 2 is quite an interesting debate to have.

Aye right enough forgot he played for them, what's Laurie Ellis doing these days

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

If the Jam Tarts miss out on Europe as it's looking increasingly likely then Naismith will be needing a job too. 

Speaking of Nay-Smith's, who'd entertain Gary as an assistant?

Edited by Scottydog

31 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Goodwin likely looking for a new job in the next week.

Another curve ball how about HSWHW with a smart assistant?

Can't see him leaving Partick, even more so to us with the whole 'I want to ram it right up the clubs who put us into league 1' schtick. He's got a solid opportunity to hone his management skills through their women's side at the moment too.