The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Interesting observation, it must be something, could be something  juicy, and I love a good rumour me, with or without substance.

If he fancies a Crack at Woking abroad Vallendupar-tick could be right up his street.

Likes a dabble with Columbias finest is the rumour. 
When you look at the timing of his departure plus the observation about the radio it does point to some issue.

Partick for me were the best team in the league and coincidentally their post McCall form was title winning form. 
Nice blend of physicality, technical quality with Tiffoney and of course a proper old school striker in Graham.

I’m thinking it’s 80% chance Murray is gone. Let’s hope the BOD get the new apportionment right.

11 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Whatever happens needs to be sorted by the end of this week. This can't be allowed to drag on. I was a Murray supporter when he was mentioned last season, however, he has failed this season. Failed to find a striker, failed to secure a top half finish, but this was partially caused by a budget that was vastly reduced. The only surprise is that Dundee actually want someone who failed to get Airdrie up and didn't exactly set the Heather on fire last season.

If he does go then we need to look at Calum Davidson. If we go with inexperienced why not Scott Arfield as player manager with an experienced number 2.

Not sure there were any St Johnstone fans who were sad to see him go in the end.

Callum Davidson turned Dundee down. There's zero chance he's going to agree to managing us. 

And at any rate, his stock at St Johnstone really plummeted. They may well have gone down of they hadn't sacked him. 

Wouldn’t like to see Murray leave but he’s not going to turn down a shot at the Premiership (albeit with a complete bin fire of a fitba club). Then again, there’s every chance he’s never so much as offered the job & this is all a moot discussion.

If he does go, things won’t just go belly up immediately as a result. I have confidence the new board will already be having conversations/making decisions to mitigate against a Murray departure.

Just now, Michael W said:

Callum Davidson turned Dundee down. There's zero chance he's going to agree to managing us. 

And at any rate, his stock at St Johnstone really plummeted. They may well have gone down of they hadn't sacked him. 

But for Caley Thistle shitting the bed in the 2nd leg the season before they would have.

His league win record is getting into Gary Locke territory.

19 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Whatever happens needs to be sorted by the end of this week. This can't be allowed to drag on. I was a Murray supporter when he was mentioned last season, however, he has failed this season. Failed to find a striker, failed to secure a top half finish, but this was partially caused by a budget that was vastly reduced. The only surprise is that Dundee actually want someone who failed to get Airdrie up and didn't exactly set the Heather on fire last season.

If he does go then we need to look at Calum Davidson. If we go with inexperienced why not Scott Arfield as player manager with an experienced number 2.

Are you ill?

15 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Are you ill?

Eh naw. People on here calling for Berra  no thanks a man that left the club with no notice. Davidson is not a bad manager. Our most successful manager was an ex Rangers player manager with an experienced number 2.  If Murray goes I certainly don't want Mickey as manager and its a naw to McCall or Potter.

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Eh naw. People on here calling for Berra  no thanks a man that left the club with no notice. Davidson is not a bad manager. Our most successful manager was an ex Rangers player manager with an experienced number 2.  If Murray goes I certainly don't want Mickey as manager and its a naw to McCall or Potter.

Jim Goodwin?

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

Change of subject for the mo, Looks like Dundee Utd are heading our way and Plastic will meet Ross County

Not necessarily.  First we need to take care of Ayr. Then Killie play Ross County in final game.

1 minute ago, Highlandmagar said:

Not necessarily.  First we need to take care of Ayr. Then Killie play Ross County in final game.

The key thing he says here is “looks likely”

You guys are 3-0 up on Ayr and Ross County would need to win about 7-0 against Killie to force the swing in goal difference….not definite no. But likely it’ll be Thistle against County. Probably. Maybe.

6 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Don’t take the bait 

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Cant see Ayr scoring 4 goals against you without reply, but yeah dont count chickens and even if RC beat Killie they'd only do it on GD