The New Raith Rovers Thread

Sounded, to me, more like he was  hedging his bets with some generic managerial chat.

He has to see if he likes the sound of them during an interview; they have to choose him over four other candidates; then they have to make him an offer and then both clubs agree terms. I really don’t think he’ll have made any definite decisions, either way, until they’re quite far into that process… unless they already are of course!

Edited by Nairney

8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It does very much sound like if he’s offered the job he will be leaving. 

Not surprising really. We couldn't compete on any metric. The hope is that the new board is already thinking about what a new manager shortlist for us looks like.

22 minutes ago, Nairney said:

Sounded, to me, more like he was  hedging his bets with some generic managerial chat.

Yup, I agree. Nothing in there that was really beyond what you'd expect from a manager who's asked about speculation but doesn't really want to get into it, whilst also not wanting to lie and rule himself out. 

Ultimately it's academic, he absolutely will leave if he's offered it, but I think you'd have gotten broadly the same answer from Murray if you'd asked him six weeks ago if theoretically he'd be interested in a Premiership vacancy. I'm not seeing anything there that makes me think one outcome is more likely than another. 

7 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Yup, I agree. Nothing in there that was really beyond what you'd expect from a manager who's asked about speculation but doesn't really want to get into it, whilst also not wanting to lie and rule himself out. 

Ultimately it's academic, he absolutely will leave if he's offered it, but I think you'd have gotten broadly the same answer from Murray if you'd asked him six weeks ago if theoretically he'd be interested in a Premiership vacancy. I'm not seeing anything there that makes me think one outcome is more likely than another. 

Just with the press saying his imminent departure 

7 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Pissing quicker he goes the better, hes had his head turned and if he doesn't get this one he'll be off at the next one, and that leaves not only us unsettled but the players as well

Good idea, then we can replace him with one of those quality managers who only wants to work at Raith Rovers for the rest of their career. 

6 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Good idea, then we can replace him with one of those quality managers who only wants to work at Raith Rovers for the rest of their career. 

Hes gonna go one way or the other, so were gonna have to be looking anyway, and no-one intimated we want a manager for the rest if their career 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Right, we’ve read that and can’t do anything about it…back to arguing about USB ports in the lockers, please.

33 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Pissing quicker he goes the better, hes had his head turned and if he doesn't get this one he'll be off at the next one, and that leaves not only us unsettled but the players as well

8 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Yes, wouldn't be averse to that

Wants rid of Murray for “having his head turned”, would take Berra who  decided he couldn’t be arsed a week before the league started and walked out. 

15 minutes ago, Paco said:

Wants rid of Murray for “having his head turned”, would take Berra who  decided he couldn’t be arsed a week before the league started and walked out. 

There's more than Berra out there, I answered a question,  just like I wouldn't say no to Davidson or Court for that matter

Whatever happens needs to be sorted by the end of this week. This can't be allowed to drag on. I was a Murray supporter when he was mentioned last season, however, he has failed this season. Failed to find a striker, failed to secure a top half finish, but this was partially caused by a budget that was vastly reduced. The only surprise is that Dundee actually want someone who failed to get Airdrie up and didn't exactly set the Heather on fire last season.

If he does go then we need to look at Calum Davidson. If we go with inexperienced why not Scott Arfield as player manager with an experienced number 2.

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

Whatever happens needs to be sorted by the end of this week. This can't be allowed to drag on. I was a Murray supporter when he was mentioned last season, however, he has failed this season. Failed to find a striker, failed to secure a top half finish, but this was partially caused by a budget that was vastly reduced. The only surprise is that Dundee actually want someone who failed to get Airdrie up and didn't exactly set the Heather on fire last season.

If he does go then we need to look at Calum Davidson. If we go with inexperienced why not Scott Arfield as player manager with an experienced number 2.

McGlynn back?