The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

FWIW think you've got a good manager there, much better than Calum 'Clum' Davidson or McInnes, or McPake. Dundee job does look like a massive task though,  could Murray be bothered with the stress of it? Money isn't the be all and end all, don't think we will be paying silly amounts either.

Thank you.

Is Murray much better than McInnes of McPake? Not sure how Killie fans feel but I don't see many Pars fans wanting to swap gaffers. 

It's encouraging that the consensus is we would like Murray to stay.

If he doesn't I'm fairly relaxed as we have a much better set of skills in the boardroom looking at the new appointment. 

As someone mentioned we are also a more attractive proposition now. 

I hope this doesn't run on though. We don't need a first time manager and sorry to say we don't need Mickey in the hot seat. His CV doesn't support the heart ruling the head.

If that's what do he would get my support though.

48 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Is Murray much better than McInnes of McPake? Not sure how Killie fans feel but I don't see many Pars fans wanting to swap gaffers. 

McPake? Yes.

This season was ultimately disappointing but wouldn’t call it laughably shite. Was always going to be a transition season with a fairly tight budget and the after effects of the DG signing/McGlynn’s exit. Throw in the ownership/off field stuff too. As others have said it was a vast improvement on the form January - end of season last year and there were plenty good moments to enjoy. Murray had shown more than enough to give us a bit of hope that Year 2 would be better, especially with greater stability behind the scenes. 

Edited by roverthemoon

Murray is probably on a par with McPake, McInnes is probably the better manager.

I hope Murray stays for the continuity aspect more than anything we have seen he's been capable of so far, but if he goes I might be surprised but won't be too distraught.

Mickey, Potter or Thomson just No! Can't see Jack Ross, Cal Davidson or similar coming.

Tam Courts would be a good shout, as would Naismith if he doesn't land the Jambo gig permanently.

Out of left field Jobby McCall anyone?  😳

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McPake? Yes.

Not really seing it tbh. 

If McPake wasn't a previous Dundee manager then you can fire it down as a certainty that you'd be looking at the manager who's just got promoted from the tier below having only lost one game. I'm not sure on what metric you can say Murray is much better than any of those managers Biggie has listed. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Not really seing it tbh. 

If McPake wasn't a previous Dundee manager then you can fire it down as a certainty that you'd be looking at the manager who's just got promoted from the tier below having only lost one game. I'm not sure on what metric you can say Murray is much better than any of those managers Biggie has listed. 

Totally see what you’re saying, but the reality is that he was Dundee manager so we have good insight into what he’s like. He wasn’t a good manager for us in the top flight, completely out of his depth. He got us promoted via play offs and can’t take that away from him but Murray strikes me as far more competent. I may be wrong on that though but I’d much rather him.  McPake has done very well at Dunfermline so I can see why he’s rated there. 

17 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Murray is probably on a par with McPake, McInnes is probably the better manager.

I hope Murray stays for the continuity aspect more than anything we have seen he's been capable of so far, but if he goes I might be surprised but won't be too distraught.

Mickey, Potter or Thomson just No! Can't see Jack Ross, Cal Davidson or similar coming.

Tam Courts would be a good shout, as would Naismith if he doesn't land the Jambo gig permanently.

Out of left field Jobby McCall anyone?  😳

Definitely not jobby, just a fucking w##k stain of a man 

29 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I doubt they’re gonna announce season tickets until we know who the gaffer is gonna be 

And that could take a few weeks. No revinue stream by the time they are back for pre season training. Pretty piss poor to be honest. 

47 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

f**k sake Rovers, announce the Season Tickets or something to distract us before the infighting becomes really stupid 😂

Ah, things getting back to normal again it's reassuring after all the positivity 

3 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

And that could take a few weeks. No revinue stream by the time they are back for pre season training. Pretty piss poor to be honest. 

You’ve just created a situation in your head then got annoyed at it. The club will have a plan regardless of what happens. 

42 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

It really isn't. We played Rangers away and got about 40% of the gate receipts, along with TV money and prize money. That'll probably cover us.

I’m the opposite, I take the fact season tickets aren’t on sale yet as a real plus about the financial security under the new owners. In the past we’ve had early bird season tickets go on sale in March as we desperately try to get money in to tide us over.

The fact we are able to do the building work around Starks and still take our time, invest in proper marketing for the season tickets and put them on sale at the perceived ideal moment is a big positive for me.