The New Raith Rovers Thread

FWIW think you've got a good manager there, much better than Calum 'Clum' Davidson or McInnes, or McPake. Dundee job does look like a massive task though,  could Murray be bothered with the stress of it? Money isn't the be all and end all, don't think we will be paying silly amounts either.

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Not really. You’ve still got loads of the same players there. Plus Vaughan returning and signing Easton, the best player in league one by a mile. Yet you were laughably shite under Murray. 

You know we actually had a better xG this season than last… really there’s not a lot between the two seasons overall, except McGlynn had a practical blank cheque.

The most cinch outcome in all of this is for Murray to be offered the Dundee job only to turn it down causing some amazing seethe. 

Fast forward a year and it's Dundee against Rovers in the play offs. 

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

FWIW think you've got a good manager there, much better than Calum 'Clum' Davidson or McInnes, or McPake. Dundee job does look like a massive task though,  could Murray be bothered with the stress of it? Money isn't the be all and end all, don't think we will be paying silly amounts either.

Thank you.

Also Dundee would have to buy out his contract whatever that maybe 

If Murray even wants to speak to them I think it's the beginning of the end for him with us anyway. All it does is just unsettle everyone. Even if he doesn't get the job, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up cutting him loose the same way Kelty did with Thomson. 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If Murray even wants to speak to them I think it's the beginning of the end for him with us anyway. All it does is just unsettle everyone. Even if he doesn't get the job, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up cutting him loose the same way Kelty did with Thomson. 

Why would they do that when he has a year left on his deal? 

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Difference between Murray and Thomson is that Thomson was linked/wanting every job that was going at the time 

12 minutes ago, Enigma said:

You know we actually had a better xG this season than last… really there’s not a lot between the two seasons overall, except McGlynn had a practical blank cheque.

xG, fuck off 🤣

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Because if his head has been turned he's not focused on us. This is a great chance for them to get their own man in as manager. 

They wont want to pay up the year that's left on his contract when that money could be spent elsewhere 

18 minutes ago, pub car king said:

The most cinch outcome in all of this is for Murray to be offered the Dundee job only to turn it down causing some amazing seethe. 

Fast forward a year and it's Dundee against Rovers in the play offs. 

Who would it cause to seethe? Most Dundee fans don't want him and most Raith fans seem slightly disappointed but overall nonplussed if he left.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

xG, f**k off 🤣

Yeah, that’s why clubs aren’t scrambling around hiring data analysts and the bookies never use these stats in their algorithms etc. but please tell me again how the team I’ve watched for the majority of last season home and away is “miles worse” than the one I watched home and away the season before and don’t really deem much better or worse…

22 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Could maybe see that if there had been rumours of him wanting the Dundee job or applying for it, or pushing to get an interview.  But that's not the case.  Dundee are the ones wanting him, if they've asked us if they can talk to him and the board have said yes then I don't see any issue with Murray talking to them.  Like in any job, if another company headhunts you then you'd be stupid not to at least hear what they have to say.

But I'd rather he stays here, so hopefully if he does get offered the job he turns it down

1 minute ago, SanStarko said:

Could maybe see that if there had been rumours of him wanting the Dundee job or applying for it, or pushing to get an interview.  But that's not the case.  Dundee are the ones wanting him, if they've asked us if they can talk to him and the board have said yes then I don't see any issue with Murray talking to them.  Like in any job, if another company headhunts you then you'd be stupid not to at least hear what they have to say.

But I'd rather he stays here, so hopefully if he does get offered the job he turns it down

Also if he does get offered the job they will have to pay out his contract for the final year but ultimately the decision comes down to him if he wants it then Dundee pay the cash 

6 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Also if he does get offered the job they will have to pay out his contract for the final year but ultimately the decision comes down to him if he wants it then Dundee pay the cash 

Considering that there are eleventythousand plus managers out of work and chasing very few jobs, if we pay more than 20p for Murray we are even more bonkers than we all thought.

6 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Considering that there are eleventythousand plus managers out of work and chasing very few jobs, if we pay more than 20p for Murray we are even more bonkers than we all thought.

Well that a Dundee problem then isn’t it? As you said loads of managers unemployed looking for work but then go for one that’s got a contract and have to pay that contract out🤔

2 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Well that a Dundee problem then isn’t it? As you said loads of managers unemployed looking for work but then go for one that’s got a contract and have to pay that contract out🤔

Aye and it's no the previous boards they're dealing with, that would've said oh we cannae stand in the boys way and let him go for a bag o sweeties and a couple of training tops 😂😂

29 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I think that’s the boys point to be fair. 

He’s saying they’d be mad to pay compensation for Murray who hasn’t done a huge amount to make himself stand out from the countless out-of-work managers they could get without paying compo.