The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 minutes ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

In terms of keepers being out of contract, Conor Hazard is out of contract at Celtic, but I have no idea how good he is, or if this is a level he feels he would drop to, whether it's his level or not

think his most recent loan was to Helsinki where he won the league if i'm not mistaken so maybe he could see an opportunity at higher level but would be daft not to ask the question if his contract is up. worst that will happens he says no

I think these things do come out the blue when the person is not first choice as has been reported. If he is getting offered a big jump in wages, which he will if they want him, I can easily see him going (as much as I’d like him to stay).

Was curious as to who was with Ian today at Stark’s Park in that tweet earlier in the thread, and it is a guy from a ‘creative agency for sports clubs’. Looks like the club is investing money in PR? Could be why the season ticket stuff is delayed if it isn’t getting done in-house. Fingers crossed it can take us to the next level and convince more people to come along.

15 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

Was curious as to who was with Ian today at Stark’s Park in that tweet earlier in the thread, and it is a guy from a ‘creative agency for sports clubs’. Looks like the club is investing money in PR? Could be why the season ticket stuff is delayed if it isn’t getting done in-house. Fingers crossed it can take us to the next level and convince more people to come along.

Graphic design company, I suspect some new things social media stuff etc 

Record saying Courts isn’t in the running for the Dundee job.  He’s finishing his pro license and has offers elsewhere.  Same article states we’ve given Dundee permission to speak to Murray.  Hopefully one way or another we get clarity soon.

11 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

Record saying Courts isn’t in the running for the Dundee job.  He’s finishing his pro license and has offers elsewhere.  Same article states we’ve given Dundee permission to speak to Murray.  Hopefully one way or another we get clarity soon.

All a bit depressing really. 

3 minutes ago, renton said:

I think if Murray goes the chances of us getting Courts is non existent.  It’s something else being a Rovers fan.  Loads of optimism then crashing back to reality.

4 minutes ago, renton said:

I get the attitude, and somewhat share it…however, this new group have proven to be competent so far, and if we need a replacement I’m pretty sure we’d be punching above our weight with the improvements already underway and the nucleus of a solid squad at this level. We would be an attractive job, which is why I’m pretty confident IM isn’t moving on.

9 minutes ago, renton said:

Honestly, just have someone sit him down and explain what happened to the last manager that thought they'd f**k us off to take the money up in Dundee.  Can seen a very similar outcome if it happens too. Dundee are a fucking basketcase of a club. Aye, you'll probably get two years wages in six months time, but is it worth it?

19 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Honestly, just have someone sit him down and explain what happened to the last manager that thought they'd f**k us off to take the money up in Dundee.  Can seen a very similar outcome if it happens too. Dundee are a fucking basketcase of a club. Aye, you'll probably get two years wages in six months time, but is it worth it?

I actually wouldn’t object to having Ray back if Murray leaves.

32 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Two years wages for 6 months work is 100% worth it. 😂😂😂

Edited by Wardy

Going to Dundee over us is an easy decision. Premiership club which you can put your own stamp on and which could have a decent support if you manage to get them playing well.

That said, hopefully it comes to nothing. If he does go, c’est la vie. Just need to wait and see who arrives next.

9 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Going to Dundee over us is an easy decision. Premiership club which you can put your own stamp on and which could have a decent support if you manage to get them playing well.

That said, hopefully it comes to nothing. If he does go, c’est la vie. Just need to wait and see who arrives next.

Or you could get sacked even when you get the job done like their last manager.

13 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Two years wages for 6 months work is 100% worth it. 😂😂😂

In most normal jobs, yes, but in football you enter into Ray McKinnon territory of tumbling down the leagues. 

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

I’m just not getting this we allow Ian Murray to sign players Connolly is a no Brainer  but McGill , Corr and extend other players contracts then suddenly leaves to manage Dundee , these things just don’t come out of the blue surely the rovers board have known there has been interest before now because why let him start signing players right up until yesterday if there is a chance he might be leaving , IMO it’s the wrong move for Murray it’s requiring a total rebuild with no players signed I believe that’s a worse situation than what he was in last season with the Rovers . 

In relative terms, it does come out of the blue. Dundee are clearly scrapping around, they offered the job to Davidson a few days ago and then he turned them down. It's not inconceivable that neither Murray or the Rovers had any indication that he was a realistic target 48 hours ago. 

I'd be more annoyed if we were putting business on hold, and potentially missing out on targets, because of speculation around the manager's future. 

In terms of Murray and Dundee, I'd be surprised if they chose him but it really depends on who the other candidates are. The names in the public domain aren't exactly inspiring, so maybe they will decide that they'd rather just get a Steady Eddie in to end the speculation and move focus to their planning for next season. 

I don't think it'd be a particularly good move for Murray. Dundee (as seems to be the case 70% of the time) are mid-lurch from one mad situation to another, and don't appear to have much in the way of infrastructure or squad in place at the moment. It's a huge ask for whoever goes in there. For possibly the first time ever, the Rovers actually look quite healthy from an organisational point of view and seem (from the outside) like the kind of place you'd want to be a manager. But jobs in the Premiership don't come around all the time, and it's a job where you're only ever six months from the dole queue. If he's offered it, it'd be very tough to turn down. 

My gut feel is that they won't offer it to Murray. Either way, hopefully it's all settled by the weekend. We've made a good start to preparations for next season, but we could do without distractions, and could certainly do without having to recruit again. But if we do, it's a very different job opening to the one we had this time last year. 

One win in our last 9 matches, none in our last 7. A couple of embarrassing defeats to a hopeless Hamilton side in amongst all that. 

Yep, we were definitely building something under Murray right enough. 

Even taking into account the interruption in our preparations, I would prefer it if he goes. As long as we don't appoint Potter, we'll more than likely end up better off for it as it'll give the new consortium a chance to get their own person in rather than being saddled with Murray. 

I agree with all those saying the Dundee job looks a very difficult one. A complete rebuild in a league where they’ll probably be one of the favourites to come straight back down and where a couple of managers have been reported as turning the job down, presumably over not having the funds they’d like for the rebuild.

However, playing devils advocate for a minute, it is a chance to to manage in the Premier League and if he fails, he will point to the factors above and failing at Premier League will probably mean he’ll still be in the running for a Championship down the line.

Whilst our new owners have said they are behind him and he will be backed with a better budget, he isn’t ‘their’ manager and there is obviously increased pressure and expectation of a play off place this season. He could just as easily be out the door with us in 6 months too if we aren’t in the mix. And being sacked by a Championship side would probably mean he’d have to start again with a club the level below.

I expect him to go if offered the job but I think Dundee will pick someone else. 

1 minute ago, R.R.FC said:

I agree with all those saying the Dundee job looks a very difficult one. A complete rebuild in a league where they’ll probably be one of the favourites to come straight back down and where a couple of managers have been reported as turning the job down, presumably over not having the funds they’d like for the rebuild.

However, playing devils advocate for a minute, it is a chance to to manage in the Premier League and if he fails, he will point to the factors above and failing at Premier League will probably mean he’ll still be in the running for a Championship down the line.

Whilst our new owners have said they are behind him and he will be backed with a better budget, he isn’t ‘their’ manager and there is obviously increased pressure and expectation of a play off place this season. He could just as easily be out the door with us in 6 months too if we aren’t in the mix. And being sacked by a Championship side would probably mean he’d have to start again with a club the level below.

I expect him to go if offered the job but I think Dundee will pick someone else. 

He'd absolutely be daft not to take it, regardless of the state Dundee might be in. There's no guarantee he'll get an offer like this again in his career. 

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

One win in our last 9 matches, none in our last 7. A couple of embarrassing defeats to a hopeless Hamilton side in amongst all that. 

Yep, we were definitely building something under Murray right enough. 

Even taking into account the interruption in our preparations, I would prefer it if he goes. As long as we don't appoint Potter, we'll more than likely end up better off for it as it'll give the new consortium a chance to get their own person in rather than being saddled with Murray. 

We never even had a bench in most of these games. I’m all for him to stay and build his own team.