The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 minutes ago, Raithie said:

In other news McAdams has turned down a new deal at Ayr and we're in the market for a keeper...

We’re supposedly in the market for a starting keeper…if he’d take a cheap enough deal, we’d be looking at a three way competition…not ideal.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

We’re supposedly in the market for a starting keeper…if he’d take a cheap enough deal, we’d be looking at a three way competition…not ideal.

I doesn’t have to be a cheap deal at all if he comes in he’s first choice as he’s better than both Thompson and McNeil 

11 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I doesn’t have to be a cheap deal at all if he comes in he’s first choice as he’s better than both Thompson and McNeil 

Really?

I thought he looked pretty ropey any time I saw him play against us for Ayr or Morton.

Hmm that's a weird one.  I like Murray and like the way he's went about things, seems like he's trying to methodically build something and I'm fairly confident given another season or 2 he'll leave us in better shape than he found us.

Cant say I can see much to say he can cut it at Premiership level at this stage, however.

23 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Didn't realise he was Ayr's 2nd choice keeper, my mistake.

He was signed as number one and will therefore have been on a decent wage so we’re all quite glad he’s offski. Think we’ve signed Robbie Mutch from Edinburgh anyway. 

He’s had a lot of good games for us including our derby win at Rugby Park last year where he made a few great saves. He and Charlie Albinson were given a couple games each in the league cup and Albinson started the season as our number one after that. 

I’d say McAdams is decent. He’s good enough to play in the Championship but his weakness is his inability to command his box and long shots have a way of getting past him or being spilled. You could probably get a young loan for half his wages and they’d be just as good. 

If Murray is offered it he'll absolutely take it. I'd be surprised if he was the choice though. Underwhelming year 1 in charge albeit mitigating circumstances. I agree that the consensus is Murray deserves another crack it and I'm confident we'll be a much better side this season.

His signings and tactics at times were questionable last season and if we got off to a bad start I'd go as far to say he'd be under huge pressure.

Good luck to him if he gets it, I'd prefer him to stay but as long as we make a forward thinking appointment I'd not cry my eyes out.

18 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Unless Murray isn't happy with the new set up, I don't see any other reason for him to take such a high risk gamble at this point in his career, alas money is the root of all evil 

This is what I see.

28 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Hmm that's a weird one.  I like Murray and like the way he's went about things, seems like he's trying to methodically build something and I'm fairly confident given another season or 2 he'll leave us in better shape than he found us.

Cant say I can see much to say he can cut it at Premiership level at this stage, however.

Agree, and that’s why I think he’ll stay. He likes to build and it will make him a better candidate for a more solid job down the way. Dundee would be a one year shot with serious handicaps. However, you don’t turn down a request to interview…it’ll help you going forward and now you’re one of the “names”.

I’m just not getting this we allow Ian Murray to sign players Connolly is a no Brainer  but McGill , Corr and extend other players contracts then suddenly leaves to manage Dundee , these things just don’t come out of the blue surely the rovers board have known there has been interest before now because why let him start signing players right up until yesterday if there is a chance he might be leaving , IMO it’s the wrong move for Murray it’s requiring a total rebuild with no players signed I believe that’s a worse situation than what he was in last season with the Rovers . 

1 minute ago, basher brash said:

I’m just not getting this we allow Ian Murray to sign players Connolly is a no Brainer  but McGill , Corr and extend other players contracts then suddenly leaves to manage Dundee , these things just don’t come out of the blue surely the rovers board have known there has been interest before now because why let him start signing players right up until yesterday if there is a chance he might be leaving , IMO it’s the wrong move for Murray it’s requiring a total rebuild with no players signed I believe that’s a worse situation than what he was in last season with the Rovers . 

Maybe it wasn't just Murray signing said players, I'm sure Potter/Barrowman  would have some input, and technically they're not signed till the window opens in June and some might change their mind before then, as has happened before