The New Raith Rovers Thread

Going to be a bit of an annoyance till this is sorted out.  Any possible signings that were about to happen, do you go through with them or put them on hold now in case Murray leaves?

Season ticket sales, not exactly a great time to put them on sale now if we don’t know who the manager will be.

Hopefully it gets sorted out one way or another by the end of the week.

2 minutes ago, Rover1883 said:

It’s not the worst thing if we lost Murray wouldn’t lose sleep over it but dread to think how worse things would get if Potter got the job which will be what will happen 😑

No it won’t. 

3 minutes ago, Rover1883 said:

It’s not the worst thing if we lost Murray wouldn’t lose sleep over it but dread to think how worse things would get if Potter got the job which will be what will happen 😑

Why is everyone automatically assuming potter will be manager? 

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He became a huge fans favourite. He's a massive guy, brilliant personality, his reaction saves are superb, he's very vocal on the pitch and he uses that massive frame to spread himself and cover loads of the goal bravely. He pulled off the best double save I've ever seen in person in the last minute at Alloa in April.

His kicking's dreadful though and he probably doesn't come out and dominate crosses quite as much as a guy of his size should. I'd merrily have had him back though. He's away back to Poland for now but I think is open to returning to Scotland if something suitable was available. He seems quite settled in Edinburgh but is  leaving Hibs.

Well, kicking out from the back isn’t something we do (much), so it seems a pretty decent fit.

Worth noting I guess that Dundee's 4 man short list basically comprises their 4th through 7th choice...

Edited for dimwittery.

Edited by renton

This is all speculation from a small bookie who probably have a few hundred quid liability if he gets the job, it was their tweet that started all this, brings the knicker wetters out in force.

FWIW I'd rather he stays but Dundee would have to pay a fee if he does leave.

3 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

This is all speculation from a small bookie who probably have a few hundred quid liability if he gets the job, it was their tweet that started all this, brings the knicker wetters out in force.

FWIW I'd rather he stays but Dundee would have to pay a fee if he does leave.

It was confirmed by Matt Elder, formerly of this parish, in the Scotsman too. He’s fairly reliable so wouldn’t completely discount its credibility. 

16 minutes ago, renton said:

Worth noting I guess that Dundee's 4 man short list basically comprises their 4th through 7th choice...

Edited for dimwittery.

14 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

That's 5 men.

That’s Dundee for you.

11 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

It was confirmed by Matt Elder, formerly of this parish, in the Scotsman too. He’s fairly reliable so wouldn’t completely discount its credibility. 

fair enough, still a lot of speculation IMO

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

F**k £50k, ask for £100k, target Hendry, and stash the difference.

£100k - Get Hendry, tell Ayr we're taking Akinyemi and throw them some change and book the open top bus

This surely can't have just came out the blue like this? Has Murray been unaware there was potential interest prior to discussing the re-signings of McGill and Connolly less than 24 hours ago? The fact a big club like Dundee, a team that need a fairly big rebuild and are now in the Prem, feel Murray is potentially one of the candidates to take them forward is quite frankly....mental.