The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Seen all the posts and got excited we had announced another new player. Β Wasn’t expecting this.

I know it would be a league up and more money but seems like a crazy choice if he goes with it. Β Build an entire team and hope you hit the ground running or probably be out of a job by Christmas.

Building a team quickly isn’t how Ian Murray works, joining Dundee is a poisoned chalice. No offence to the gaffer, but only a fool would work for Nelms. Stay here and build your team YOUR way Ian?!?

3 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Potter won’t get for various Reasons, The new owners won’t be trusted by fans and they wouldn’t want that, Season Ticket Sales could be affected, and gate money could be reduced and I don’t think they would want to take that riskΒ 

There’s hope in that then. Is Rhys McCabe been tied down for this season. Asking for a friend😎

Just now, Kelheart said:

God help you if it's Potter turned a championship winning team into dug meat in 8 month so god knows what he could do with an average championship team (no offence) , surely can't happenΒ 

I’m confident it will not be potter next for reasons I stated above if Murray does move onΒ 

34 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Talk about how to piss people off, only happens with the Rovers, Murray should he go has a far bigger job on his hands than when he came to us and ultimately when they're propping up the Premiership he'll get the bullet

On his own head be it if he takes it

It strikes me Dundee's owners want to do the Premier league on a tiny budget. That's why their manger left and another unemployed manager who nearly relegated his own club has given it a wide swerve.Β 

Murray has just had a difficult season with no cash and a lack of a squad so I see the interestΒ  from them. But he'd be mad to go there and it when it inevitably goes tits up he'll be back down the leagues again.Β 

If I was a Dundee fan I can’t say that I’d be overjoyed with this news. I’d be happy to give him time at Rovers, would be a shame to see him leave but I’d not be heartbroken. He had a difficult job this season but also made some baffling decisions.Β 
Β 

id also not be shocked if Colin Cameron got the gig if Murray leaves…..

I agree with the views of letting Murray speak to Dundee. If he speaks to them and decides he wants the gig, good for him. He can f**k off if he thinks he's getting to take Mickey with him though! If we needed someone to replace Murray, I'd love Courts. Watched his Kelty team play a few times and they played some cracking football. Outside of Courts it's a huge crapshoot. Can Maybury do the job? Is Bartley ready for the task? Would any of them want the job?

Saying all of that, I hope he speaks to Dundee and realises it's a shitshow so stays with us. A full summer with him building his own team would be the best thing for him IMO.

I'm not going to lie, I won't be bothered at all if Murray leaves, but the timing of it is far from ideal. The new management structure will hopefully mean that any upheaval is minimised, and it would allow them to get their 'own man' in place, so it needn't be a disaster.

Β 

27 minutes ago, Railwaystand said:

Another lazy yet obvious alternative would be Jack Ross who has worked with Potter at multiple jobs and they seem to be quite tight.Β 

Seemingly turned down Dundee. If so, we have no chance.Β 

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

It would be a big risk for Murray, a rebuilding job given their lack of contracted players and probably favourites to go down next season but I imagine Nelms et al think they're much better than that. Could be a short lived gig.

I don’t see Murray taking the poison chalice. Certainly interview for it, listen to what they say they plan to do, etc…but unless they have some magic and a huge pile of cash for him to spread around, it’s a no win job, and even then it’s a high risk. Stick with Raith and get the rebuild Β done properly and you’ll be in line for a decent Premiership position soon enough.

On 19/05/2023 at 14:12, Jan VojÑček said:

He's absolutely fantastic and would be a great fit for you guys. I'm actually really surprised (and disappointed) to see him not given more of a chance at Easter Road.

I put this on the QOS thread after they signed him and, by all accounts, I think he did pretty well at Palmerston and became a bit of a fans' favourite.

Β 

He became a huge fans favourite. He's a massive guy, brilliant personality, his reaction saves are superb, he's very vocal on the pitch and he uses that massive frame to spread himself and cover loads of the goal bravely. He pulled off the best double save I've ever seen in person in the last minute at Alloa in April.

His kicking's dreadful though and he probably doesn't come out and dominate crosses quite as much as a guy of his size should. I'd merrily have had him back though. He's away back to Poland for now but I think is open to returning to Scotland if something suitable was available. He seems quite settled in Edinburgh but isΒ  leaving Hibs.

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Seemingly turned down Dundee. If so, we have no chance.Β 

Β Jack RossπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† imagine being turned down for the job to hire Gary F Locke 😝😝 I think the words Ross would say is F and Off!!