The New Raith Rovers Thread

That’s great news. Tailed off a bit at the end of season but carried our attack on his own for spells of the campaign. 25 goals in 2 seasons from right wing allied to an excellent work rate and entering into the prime of his career.

Hopefully a couple of strikers and left winger to come and take some of the goal scoring burden off his shoulders for next season.

6 hours ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

I walk passed Starks Park to get my bus to work and Aiden Connelly was pulling in as I walked passed today, I imagine we're either gonna get some good news or some bad news today

Keep up the good work.

Are you walking past tomorrow by any chance?

Great days work, I wasnt 100% on SM but happily retract my misgivings. 

Tying down what we need before adding new quality seems to be the direction. 

Also I do love a reveal, a wee bit "who could it be..?" Well done those ITK for keeping quiet.

Great stuff Rovers, off to watch their interviews on the train home. 

17 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Is that Ferguson's  blue nose showing

15 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

I said the same to a pal about Ferguson taking over. Hendry going on loan when he came in was smart cos I thought it might have an impact. Shambles that it's even in our minds in this day and age that it could be still taking place. Madness.

How come this blue nose didn't stop him picking Ross Doohan, Dylan McGeouch and two Irish players for most of the season?

Great bit of business.  On his day Aidan is the best AM in the league.  Heard strong rumours he was away along to the dark side, so overjoyed!

Scott McGill I am glad we have signed too.  Guy can play in a multitude of positions, and does it well. 

Just now, RRFC_Liam said:

Where does it say another year on top based on appearances? 

He mentioned it in his interview with Raith TV.

An excellent signing. I think McGlynn mentioned, Connolly runs about 11km a game. A really likeable lad who is putting in the graft. Hopefully it'll calm a few nerves of those worried we're signing kids. Roll on the season ticket sales.

Great signing, does appear that Spencer is likely away as Connolly mentions car sharing with Spencer and Brown last season but makes no reference moving forward. Now we need a 1st team goalkeeper, another 2 or 3 centre halfs, 2 strikers.

3 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Great signing, does appear that Spencer is likely away as Connolly mentions car sharing with Spencer and Brown last season but makes no reference moving forward. Now we need a 1st team goalkeeper, another 2 or 3 centre halfs, 2 strikers.

Still think we need a pacey winger to add a different dimension and also a Spencer replacement if he does indeed leave on top of what you just said