The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Bienvenida Lionel, ¿has oído hablar de Valenties?

sí Sí. Vi el video de mi amigo Big John. él es un asesinato, sin embargo, la comida se ve genial.

55 minutes ago, renton said:

As far as McBookie is concerned isn't that basically two people putting a bet on to get those odds?

I got Mcbookie to price Peter Grant for the dunfermline job and they priced him at 20s, I stuck 20 quid on and his odds dropped to 7s straightaway.

3 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

If its a new signing it will tell us the direction we are going in. Dylan Corr, young inexperienced, if we are getting someone similar then it's clearly the direction we are going.

We can’t afford to go down in the inexperienced route this season as look at the teams coming into the league and who’s possibly coming down we need a blend of experience and youth if we want to either survive in the league or challenge for the playoffs 

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

If its a new signing it will tell us the direction we are going in. Dylan Corr, young inexperienced, if we are getting someone similar then it's clearly the direction we are going.

I’d hardly say inexperienced on the whole, but certainly untested at any higher Senior levels. His playing time would compare favorably to Nolan’s…and his Lowland League experience certainly helps him more than Nolan’s game here or there. He’s still a terribly thin reed upon which to construct a center defence though.

8 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Well, no, not really. It’s May and there will be about 10 signings to go even after this one. 

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Not necessarily true, I think in terms of new signings, the young ones are the easiest to commit and get over the line earlier.

The more experienced higher quality players will have multiple offers and take more time to decide their next move. Additionally, players aren’t out of contract till the end of the month and some of our targets may still be playing (play offs or Premiership squad players).

It would be nice to get a couple of quality experienced players in now but I would be giving it a few weeks before I pressed the panic button on that front. The club have spoken about having a bigger squad, we aren’t going to get 25 proven Championship players so that will inevitably mean there will be some young squad filler we take punts on but it doesn’t mean they will all be like that even if the first few signings follow that profile.

5 hours ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

I walk passed Starks Park to get my bus to work and Aiden Connelly was pulling in as I walked passed today, I imagine we're either gonna get some good news or some bad news today

Needing to get your eyes tested son. 😂

1 minute ago, Wardy said:

Needing to get your eyes tested son. 😂

The day isn’t over yet 😉.

Happy with McGill, showed he could cover quite a few positions to a good standard, still young with room to develop too. Not a signing that will get the season tickets flying off the shelf but the type of player you need in a strong squad.