The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

Don’t know unless you try 🤷‍♂️
Try and sell it 1st then gift what doesn’t sell

This is why it’s near-impossible to run a football club. If the club had tried to sell this you’d have folk laughing and asking who on earth would buy this and that we should be donating it to a charity instead. 

Has there been anything said about when season tickets will go on sale? I assume it will be this week? Obviously the new owners and commercial team coming in will have delayed things. Can only hope the plan is to tie the announcement in with an exciting signing or two!

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

Don’t know unless you try 🤷‍♂️
Try and sell it 1st then gift what doesn’t sell

Don't think it can be sold as majority looks like Puma with the old badge. Surely helping the local community by donating is win win situation. Hopefully loads of kids with Rovers gear now. Only my opinion.

As a traditionalist, or home kits should be mainly blue tops, white shorts and socks, and a tiny bit of red accenting. (Not too much, as then it gets too 'union raggy'.)

Away white, with blue shorts and socks.  Again a small bit of red accenting, not too much so it looks like a National Front top.

Never a red, yellow or pink away kit.  

The pinstipe design from earlier in the thread is actually quality for the home one!

I'll never understand the fans who only ever want us to have a white away top. 🤷‍♂️

I get that the home top should stay in traditional colours, but away tops are open to being inventive and eye catching! Try colours you don't normally see year after year. How many people would realistically buy the away top each season if it was the same colour every year? 

I love the pink kit we've just had and the yellow one we had a few years back too! It is nice to have a white away kit every now and again, just don't see why we would restrict ourselves into one set colour for every season. 

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

90D5A477-3E1D-4381-8351-678AA794F893.thumb.jpeg.b380697cd32e333ee5d65fcd1583fec4.jpeg

McBookie have Murray favourite for the Dundee job.

A 3/1 favourite, who was 8/1 about half an hour ago. They've not get a clue, and neither does anybody else. With £50 you could make Darren O'Dea the favourite before the end of your lunch hour. 

I was wondering if Murray would enter the frame for that, just purely because they're running out of sensible options. I'd suggest that right now Dundee are back at the drawing board, looking at that list and those odds, and that they've not gotten round to offering interviews yet. 

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

90D5A477-3E1D-4381-8351-678AA794F893.thumb.jpeg.b380697cd32e333ee5d65fcd1583fec4.jpeg

New managers markets are usually all over the place with a small bet either way skewing things. Until someone goes heavy odds on, it’s usually just a guessing game.

I’d be very surprised if they went for Murray. I like him and think he did a solid job given what he inherited and I certainly wouldn’t want to lose him at this stage of our planning for next season. But I’m not sure finishing 7th in the Championship for Raith Rovers would make him a front runner for the Dundee job in the Premier League.

Aye, just complete guess work at this stage and if we were planning on speaking to him, surely you'd announce we've been given permission?

Only takes a bet or two to make someone favourite in these things and that combined with the rumour that Nelms was holding talks with a candidate in Edinburgh has likely shot Murray to top of the list rather than anything concrete at this stage.

3 hours ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

I walk passed Starks Park to get my bus to work and Aiden Connelly was pulling in as I walked passed today, I imagine we're either gonna get some good news or some bad news today

29 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It's fine. Connolly is being offered the managers job as we speak.

4 hours ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

I walk passed Starks Park to get my bus to work and Aiden Connelly was pulling in as I walked passed today, I imagine we're either gonna get some good news or some bad news today

I hope it’s the good news, but I’ve got a feeling that he’s either away to the scum or a bottom half team In the premiership