The New Raith Rovers Thread

26 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Is this you resetting to Murray Out in preparation for next season?

McCabe made Airdrie scarily good. But then again, it was mostly Murray’s players from the season before. 

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Agreed. 

I really like RT but thought Millen looked the better defender after an atrocious start.

Tumilty would be a very nice back-up to have though. 

Exactly, Millen really kicked on when he finally got to grips with the team, especially working with Connolly

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Apart from finishing with twelve fewer points than Murray's Airdrie, obviously. 

Yea I get that, they scored a shit ton of goals throughout the season. But also lost a fair amount in the process. The absolute demolition of Failkirk in the play offs was something special 

4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

This. If Tiehi scores one of his two sitters yesterday at 2-0 in normal time or in the last seconds of extra time it’s a completely different story.

Not saying McCabe hasn’t done a good job, he obviously has but Murray left him an excellent squad for that level. From watching the play off matches this year, the biggest difference in them getting through is that they just had a bit of luck in the right moments which has deserted them in the past, nothing transformational tactically.

3 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

In a much tougher league to be fair. I’m really intrigued to see how they match up next season actually. We’ve had plenty of bumps in the road this season that wouldn’t have happened under Murray (the 3-4 Dunfermline collapse, the Edinburgh games etc.) but equally we wouldn’t have scored 99 goals in all competitions or battered teams the way we have this season under him. 

Some of this success can be directly attributed to Murray’s steady progression at Airdrie, steadily building things and improving us every year. McCabe’s came in and put his own stamp on it, while working under challenging circumstances, and has ultimately done what no other Airdrie manager could for 20 years and win promotion. Either way, I’m looking forward to a return to the Championship at long last and four 1-0 defeats to Raith.

20 hours ago, Raithie said:

My laddie wanted to share his strip ideas. Yes I know our kits aren't made by Macron but apparently it's a decent 'kit making' app he says. 

Screenshot_20230520_185017.jpg

Screenshot_20230520_185046.jpg

Your laddie is a lot more talented than me, someone referred to my offering as 'staunch' I was going more for the' auld alliance' 😁

2 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Putting the stuff up for auction is a much better idea than giving it away for free down the Links 🤦‍♂️

Not sure you’d get many bids on old training gear from 2017. Giving it away to the community hardly a face palm. 

10 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Surely hear today or tomorrow about who is staying and going? If players want to leave no worries but we need to put rovers first not them

Possibly but I think contracts expire at the end of next week. I know Spencer has until then to decide whether he wants to trigger an extension. The likelihood is that we will wait until the deals have expired before announcing it.

52 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Possibly but I think contracts expire at the end of next week. I know Spencer has until then to decide whether he wants to trigger an extension. The likelihood is that we will wait until the deals have expired before announcing it.

Fair enough I suppose most are away on holiday

8 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Fair enough I suppose most are away on holiday

Tbf some teams have already put out there released/retained lists and Murray did say the end of last week he wants yes or no answers so reckon sometime this week we will hear about players going but the most important is players coming in