The New Raith Rovers Thread

Yeah, Zanatta could be absolutely infuriating to watch at times but he seems a nice enough guy. Likewise, we all enjoyed how much of a shithouse Tumilty was with us but despite getting plenty stick he didn’t try to wind up our support after his winner in the cup final which I was pleasantly surprised by.

I can’t say I felt any sadness for them going down but certainly didn’t take any enjoyment either.

21 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Delighted to see Zanatta relegated after his antics in the last couple of matches against us. 

If they go down again next season he'll probably have found his level. 

Probably found his level? It is his level there’s a reason why Murray got rid and he’s hardly played for Hamilton either. the most surprising thing is they paid money for him 

6 hours ago, Raithfan2711 said:

I’m into going back in time for the design influence too. Admittedly I am in my 40s now so not exactly with it, but something like this with the proper Joma collar.

kitidea.jpeg.0686f0ebd26bfa6622480b22b840b22c.jpeg

1 minute ago, Jilted John said:

This is doing the rounds on the group chats tonight. Not sure if it’s 100% but if it is, it’s an absolute belter!

IMG_7099.jpeg

It’s from here unfortunately mate! 

10 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

This is doing the rounds on the group chats tonight. Not sure if it’s 100% but if it is, it’s an absolute belter!

IMG_7099.jpeg

Just a mock up from me I’m afraid (but I said I’d like the collar to be like the Joma one rather than the template I‘ve used). Made it up as easier to show than explain a design I thought would be good and was heavily influenced from a previous year’s design.

Excited to see what the club comes out with in the coming months. Loved last year’s one.

Edited by Raithfan2711

13 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

Just a mock up from me I’m afraid (but I said I’d like the collar to be like the Joma one rather than the template I‘ve used). Made it up as easier to show than explain a design I thought would be good and was heavily influenced from a previous year’s design.

Excited to see what the club comes out with in the coming months. Loved last year’s one.

I would be amazed if it's better than yours. Hopefully someone from the club sees it and lines it up for the season after. 

1 hour ago, RaithRyan said:

Going by the managers comments we lack a bit height and steel in the team. 

If say Spencer didn’t sign on again - I wouldn’t be against Scott Martin as an option to look at. Works hard, puts himself about and breaks up play. 

Think he would fit in well and give a good mix of battler and ball player especially if we stuck with the 4-2-3-1. 

Thought he was MoM bar Fulton in the cup final - whom I would take too. 

Agree with that, Martin looks a decent player and a bit of a c##t which we lack as a team 

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I quite like Dario Zanatta. He's been in the away end at at least two of our games this season. Seems like a nice guy. 

It also feels like we take his form at the start of last season for granted, imagine the shit we'd have been in without it last season 

2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I quite like Dario Zanatta. He's been in the away end at at least two of our games this season. Seems like a nice guy. 

By the sounds of it he made more of an impression at those games than many he played for us.

Just now, Jilted John said:

I would… in a heart beat!

Given Millen's consistency and lack of injuries, there’s no way a new right back will be on our shopping list though.

I understand the feeling, a rampaging attacker of a RB…but our back line already needs a rejigger, and Millen was by far our most consistent defender.

3 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I've spoken to him a few times and he's a class act. He's a complete confidence player - if he wasn't he'd be nowhere near this level. 

I do find it funny when you'll get folk slaughtering him online. Particularly the one the night before the Cove game. Ross Millen has been much the same - one of my mates insists that Millen is terrible despite all the stats suggesting he's a reasonable defender at our level who will still create a decent amount of chances.

Edited by Broken Algorithms

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I will stick my neck out and say they'd not have gotten promoted if he was still in charge there. 

Is this you resetting to Murray Out in preparation for next season?