The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, pantene proV said:

I'd say Tommy Goss is a fair bit above big John's level. The helicopter would never have scored 20+ goals in the 2nd division. 

Agree that we should take a punt on Goss though.

With Barrowman and Potter on board to bolster the process, I'd like to think our recruitment now will be a bit more informed than just "taking a punt".

14 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

With Barrowman and Potter on board to bolster the process, I'd like to think our recruitment now will be a bit more informed than just "taking a punt".

Figure of speech, there's always an element of risk with p/t lower league players in mid-20's jumping up the leagues.

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

Loved the Kelly’s Copiers goalie tops we had when we were in the premier. The yellow effort and the red one. Massive shoulder pads. Better times. I had the yellow one.

The yellow, blue and black kicking figurevtype effort? They were brilliant.

I had one from the relegation season, big shoulder pads, badge in the middle of the chest rather than the left - was like yellow, green, blue and black stripes with a kind of spray paint type effect?

2 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Just myself that thinks the 'twa hoops' tops are boring?

Not just you. 
And white with two hoops should absolutely not be our home kit. 

And while we’re at it I’m not a fan of half and half either. 

I think our current home kit is the best we’ve had in years, possibly the best since the Diadora spray paint top. 
I really don’t like the pink and didn’t like the most recent flouro yellow either but I think it’s because we were so shite while wearing both of them.
Personally I prefer a white away top but I’m firmly in the camp of ‘grown men should not wear football tops unless they are playing football’ so I’m not the target audience. 
Make whatever sells for the away top- if that’s pink or yellow again then so be it. 

41 minutes ago, renton said:

The yellow, blue and black kicking figurevtype effort? They were brilliant.

I had one from the relegation season, big shoulder pads, badge in the middle of the chest rather than the left - was like yellow, green, blue and black stripes with a kind of spray paint type effect?

This is the one I had yes. 😁

63EA50F3-766A-4B00-B15A-1062E3FF75DF.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Wardy said:

This is the one I had yes. 😁

63EA50F3-766A-4B00-B15A-1062E3FF75DF.jpeg

Still got both of mine from when I was wee! The lurid green and yellow stripes on the one from our second stint in the Premier are enough to distract a striker bearing down on goal 😅

IMG_2960.jpg

10 minutes ago, Kuma Power said:

Still got both of mine from when I was wee! The lurid green and yellow stripes on the one from our second stint in the Premier are enough to distract a striker bearing down on goal 😅

IMG_2960.jpg

Quality! Aye I had the lurid stripes - couldn't find a picture on line of them at all. 13 year old me loved that kit.

Edited by renton

11 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The one thing I would say is that the Joma sizing is a bit radge. I get that football strips are supposed to be tighter but I’m a large in everything so bought the large away strip when it came out and it’s basically skin tight. Got the home half price recently and got an XL and even that is a bit nippit. I’m not asking for a return to the baggy 90s strips, but I wish they’d do a range of ‘supporter fit’ sizes with strips. 

I also got the home strip half price recently and had a similar experience. Joma sizing for adults doesn’t seem right. I’m a large in most things, and as you say, their XL size is nippit. Well, it actually fits me well enough, but it’s definitely not an XL.

42 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

I’m into going back in time for the design influence too. Admittedly I am in my 40s now so not exactly with it, but something like this with the proper Joma collar.

kitidea.jpeg.0686f0ebd26bfa6622480b22b840b22c.jpeg

I suggested this top a few pages back too.

45 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

I’m into going back in time for the design influence too. Admittedly I am in my 40s now so not exactly with it, but something like this with the proper Joma collar.

That is beautiful 😍

1 hour ago, Raithfan2711 said:

That’s quite sexual if I’m honest. I’d love it if we could stick to a design. Just like above. 

40 minutes ago, Raith69 said:

I suggested this top a few pages back too.

I suggested it last year…

On 19/06/2022 at 22:44, Rover the Moon said:

Announce this…

A22C8D5F-2501-4580-B6E8-C93F12DDC1F1.jpeg.99452e4d9fb0d6b991ed7f4760a0dbfd.jpeg

1 hour ago, Raithfan2711 said:

Magnificent.