The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Totally agree with this. Fulton's cup final performance is doing a lot of heavy lifting given they went up to Dens and got pumped for 7 the week after. As said elsewhere, he'll be away down south and is under contract elsewhere.

Focus on who is out of contract. I mentioned it before I feel like Dabrowski is perfect for what we need, and probably the type of club he'd see as a good chance to take a number one spot for his own.

Dabrowski a gid shout like. That would be ma number 1 choice 

4 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Contract out and since being injured he hasn't got a game. Mitchell has the gig. 

From what I’ve saw from Sneddon every time we’ve played each other he seems good at commanding his box which we’ve not had for some time, good shot stopper.

I dunno if he can play out from the back comfortably but he would definitely be in my top 3/4 of GKs to sign in the summer 

16 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Aw aye I forgot he was at hibs as a coach but was Dabrowski there when potter was? 

Yeah, Dabrowski apparently joined Hibs in 2017 so he would have been there when Potter was.

7 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Totally agree with this. Fulton's cup final performance is doing a lot of heavy lifting given they went up to Dens and got pumped for 7 the week after. As said elsewhere, he'll be away down south and is under contract elsewhere.

Focus on who is out of contract. I mentioned it before I feel like Dabrowski is perfect for what we need, and probably the type of club he'd see as a good chance to take a number one spot for his own.

That would also match the stated goal of getting younger (code=cheaper) and hungrier (code=lower level or not starting) players. They may feel Thomson/McNeil can work in a pinch, but get in a known third player to challenge both, and have the best of both worlds. Add in that the player coming in would certainly feel they would have a decent chance of becoming our number one keeper, and it’s an attractive role for a player like Dabrowski..

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Has anyone actually seen Dabrowski play? He's not exactly racked up the game time in his career so far so I'm a bit curious as to why folk see him as the preferred option.

Think we're just trawling through all the out of contract goalkeepers in the hope we sign one if MacDonald does leave

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Has anyone actually seen Dabrowski play? He's not exactly racked up the game time in his career so far so I'm a bit curious as to why folk see him as the preferred option.

He wouldn’t be my first choice I would prefer someone like Sneddon/Schwake/Rae and 1 or 2 others ahead of him but he from Qos fans and even Hibs fans says he has what it takes to be a good GK 

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I get the vibe people mention a name and others just jump on the bandwagon that we should sign them. I'd be terrible at player recruitment as there's names being banded about on Twitter of potential players we should look into that I've never heard of/seen.

11 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I get the vibe people mention a name and others just jump on the bandwagon that we should sign them. I'd be terrible at player recruitment as there's names being banded about on Twitter of potential players we should look into that I've never heard of/seen.

But surely if that was your actual job, then you would have heard of them and gone and seen them? 😂😂