The New Raith Rovers Thread

31 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Rory Brian is the only other one who comes to mind. The worrying thing was, he'd be the only one who didn't completely shit the bed when he got given a game. 

Smith's Cruyff turn assist to Trouten at Albion Rovers was one of the most infuriating things I've seen in a football game. Everyone could see it coming a mile off. A horrendous goalkeeper. 

Rory Brian could walk into my house right now wearing his kit and his gloves and I wouldn't have any idea who he is. 

Well, option 1 is that he's genuinely a bit of a talent that we've tracked and done well to sign and who will fill out our new "beefy" squad.

Option 2 is that Murray is starting his shopping list from the name below Ryan Nolan and its a particularly shallow pool we'll be fishing in this summer.

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

Would be a shame to lose MacDonald, he is a solid, reliable Championship keeper and it’s a position that if you get wrong can ruin your entire season (see Dundee United this season).

I don’t think he’s been as good this season as some others do. Don’t get me wrong, I still think he’s had a good season and I’d be happy to see him stay but there have probably been more goals he’s conceded this season where I thought he could have done better or he’s actually been at fault for than the previous two combined, particularly just after he returned from injury. That’s probably more of a sign of how few mistakes he’s made for us than anything else though.

At 37, I don’t think you can justify having him as one of, if not our top earner, his form could drop off at any minute. Generally goalkeepers play into their late 30’s but there is no guarantee. No idea if we could get him but my number 1 choice to replace him, if he goes, would be Kevin Dabrowski.

MacDonald was the best keeper since the Witch. 

16 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Jammer was a great shot stopper and all-round good guy no doubt, but part of our inability to defend set pieces has to be down to him not interested in commanding his 6 yard box.

I'm all for a new goalie, a big stocky wan !

If, If Hamilton get relegated we should go for Fulton

32 minutes ago, renton said:

Well, option 1 is that he's genuinely a bit of a talent that we've tracked and done well to sign and who will fill out our new "beefy" squad.

Option 2 is that Murray is starting his shopping list from the name below Ryan Nolan and its a particularly shallow pool we'll be fishing in this summer.

Think it’s option one tbh because there are certainly enough defenders/CHs between lower prem, Championship, league 1 that will be available in the summer or he may even look down south who knows 

15 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Cheers.

Based it on THIS ARTICLE but I guess Accies probably got McGowan to proof read!!

That kinda scuppers things if correct, transfer market has it as May 23

It is correct 😥 and seemingly off to Portsmouth with a fee involved

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

So, as I’ve said previously, I’m not convinced that IM might not now be relatively comfortable with Thomson and McNeil. Thomson is proven, and while he probably isn’t a top of the Championship keeper, he’s far from the worst. McNeil is obviously, in IM’s eyes, a real talent, and looked solid enough in the Cup match. IM sees these players on the daily, and may have decided that with appropriate strengthening of the defence, we can afford to spend less at GK. I would be surprised if we push out the boat for another keeper, unless it’s an absolute phenom, on an irresistible deal, who would be our keeper for years to come (i.e. not f**king likely). McNeil is 22 and entering the time he needs to be starting.

Corr looks interesting, but we certainly need a sage heid in back. I suspect that the experience of O’Riorden at Raith was a factor for Corr to sign with us.

Edited by TxRover

Welcome to Dylan Corr but at the moment it's a strange signing as most of us know absolutely nothing about him. He may turn out to be a cracking signing but the level he's played at is way below Championship level. We need 4 CHs so hopefully some experience to come in.