The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Its gonna be a long close season if this is all there is to go on about, hopefully theres outgoings and incomings in the not too distant future

On the Rovers Digest saying we should hear squad news early next week 

Listening to clips of the presser and the interviews (https://player.autopod.xyz/341776), and these things jump out…

-Offhand comment (Barrowman?) we’re not “paying over the odds” for a striker…seems to suggest he’s already deep into the business with IM and Potter.

-Lots of discussion about doing a complete (huge renovation) replacement of systems in the Main Stand, going hand in hand with the relocation of the facilities in the process. Not clear if the relocation of the various fac8lites is driven by the cramped timeline or a rationalization of the building to modern services.

-Sim threw away a reference to the Polish community…makes me wonder a wee bit of something isn’t ticking there…Polish striker, anyone? Maybe Lewendowski needs a nice, slower paced spot to wind down his career?

-It’s Raith 1.0 and not Kelty 2.0.

-Colin Smart, discussing fans on/involvement with the Board, saying how important it is. Main stand structure is fine, facilities are archaic…rip out and redo. The inter workings of the Main Stand are very easy to adjust…time scale now new season for player areas, limited changes by season start for people IN the Main Stand, most changes will transparent from outside.

-Sim, suggests Main Stand will be touch and go for preseason, but expects it to be good to go for League season.

-Sim, notes development squad since JMcG v1.0 was ineffective in producing talent for the team. They are working on a new reserve team, and had an offer for a spot for a “B” team from the SPFL, but it’s 12 months too early. Expect action for the next season.

-Sim, seems he will be deeply involved in the financial management aspect, and business documentation issues. He’ll be doing remote work to clean up shareholder registers, governance documents, and such.

-Sim, for this upcoming season, I think we’re gonna see “a different type of squad” and “see a bigger, physically, squad in place”.

-Barrowman, a new project, selected purely on the football and business merit. No huge pots of money, but we have a plan and will stage it. Invest in the money generators and it will harvest funds to invest on the pitch. Staff will be given an opportunity, they’ve earned that, but there will be other changes as well.

-Barrowman, building relationships is the key. You get people to come with you when they feel a relationship or connections. Lots of work to do, and need make Raith Rovers an enjoyable place to work.

-Barrowman, will be tapping Sim’s experience and knowledge. Credits Sim with getting this done. Closes with “Come with us”.

-Mckenzie, what will the General Manager do…over sees the business side of things and tunes stuff up. Deep experience with Barrowman, very comfortable with him. Dean knew Allan Halliday, who brought Raith up, and it got Dean’s (and Andy’s) interest.

-Mckenzie, Boards in the past haven’t been very operational, this one will be! First challenge for Dean is finding an office for him and Andy.

-Mckenzie, I/we will listen to everybody in the community…come to us with thoughts and ideas.

-Kilgour, as the new digital director, priorities are new website (top priority) and new/improved social media. Actions speak louder than words. I’m involved especially because Colin (Smart) is involved.

-Kilgour, (asked about this as a younger supporter himself) it’s not just about marketing but it’s also about connecting with the younger community to make Starks Park an inviting and interesting attraction to them.

-Kilgour, sees opportunity in “bucketing” fan, which is determining the demographics of various groups of fans and understanding what motivates those fans, so as to tailor advertising, appeals and such to all groups more efficiently.

-Kilgour, has been engaging with Dot Wilson and is known to be lurking on forums and online. Is taking advantage of meeting fans around, and announced the coming tag line “Leave No One Behind”. Asks people to reach out to Dot to get word to the Board.

Overall a good listen, some useful information, and I think that some people are giving Sim a bit too much crap. It certainly sounds like he’s more relaxed now and going to be fiddling with the finicky stuff that’s his expertise while the football work gets done by Barrowman, Potter and Murray.

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Listening to clips of the presser and the interviews (https://player.autopod.xyz/341776), and these things jump out…

-Offhand comment (Barrowman?) we’re not “paying over the odds” for a striker…seems to suggest he’s already deep into the business with IM and Potter.

-Lots of discussion about doing a complete (huge renovation) replacement of systems in the Main Stand, going hand in hand with the relocation of the facilities in the process. Not clear if the relocation of the various fac8lites is driven by the cramped timeline or a rationalization of the building to modern services.

-Sim threw away a reference to the Polish community…makes me wonder a wee bit of something isn’t ticking there…Polish striker, anyone? Maybe Lewendowski needs a nice, slower paced spot to wind down his career?

-It’s Raith 1.0 and not Kelty 2.0.

-Colin Smart, discussing fans on/involvement with the Board, saying how important it is. Main stand structure is fine, facilities are archaic…rip out and redo. The inter workings of the Main Stand are very easy to adjust…time scale now new season for player areas, limited changes by season start for people IN the Main Stand, most changes will transparent from outside.

-Sim, suggests Main Stand will be touch and go for preseason, but expects it to be good to go for League season.

-Sim, notes development squad since JMcG v1.0 was ineffective in producing talent for the team. They are working on a new reserve team, and had an offer for a spot for a “B” team from the SPFL, but it’s 12 months too early. Expect action for the next season.

-Sim, seems he will be deeply involved in the financial management aspect, and business documentation issues. He’ll be doing remote work to clean up shareholder registers, governance documents, and such.

-Sim, for this upcoming season, I think we’re gonna see “a different type of squad” and “see a bigger, physically, squad in place”.

-Barrowman, a new project, selected purely on the football and business merit. No huge pots of money, but we have a plan and will stage it. Invest in the money generators and it will harvest funds to invest on the pitch. Staff will be given an opportunity, they’ve earned that, but there will be other changes as well.

-Barrowman, building relationships is the key. You get people to come with you when they feel a relationship or connections. Lots of work to do, and need make Raith Rovers an enjoyable place to work.

-Barrowman, will be tapping Sim’s experience and knowledge. Credits Sim with getting this done. Closes with “Come with us”.

-Mckenzie, what will the General Manager do…over sees the business side of things and tunes stuff up. Deep experience with Barrowman, very comfortable with him. Dean knew Allan Halliday, who brought Raith up, and it got Dean’s (and Andy’s) interest.

-Mckenzie, Boards in the past haven’t been very operational, this one will be! First challenge for Dean is finding an office for him and Andy.

-Mckenzie, I/we will listen to everybody in the community…come to us with thoughts and ideas.

-Kilgour, as the new digital director, priorities are new website (top priority) and new/improved social media. Actions speak louder than words. I’m involved especially because Colin (Smart) is involved.

-Kilgour, (asked about this as a younger supporter himself) it’s not just about marketing but it’s also about connecting with the younger community to make Starks Park an inviting and interesting attraction to them.

-Kilgour, sees opportunity in “bucketing” fan, which is determining the demographics of various groups of fans and understanding what motivates those fans, so as to tailor advertising, appeals and such to all groups more efficiently.

-Kilgour, has been engaging with Dot Wilson and is known to be lurking on forums and online. Is taking advantage of meeting fans around, and announced the coming tag line “Leave No One Behind”. Asks people to reach out to Dot to get word to the Board.

Overall a good listen, some useful information, and I think that some people are giving Sim a bit too much crap. It certainly sounds like he’s more relaxed now and going to be fiddling with the finicky stuff that’s his expertise while the football work gets done by Barrowman, Potter and Murray.

You cant help but be more than a little excited with these guys and the medium to long term aims and ambitions they want to achieve, I think just maybe we've at long last turned a corner

I’d just like to extend a massive thanks to Ruaridh Kilgour and Stevie McDonald for arranging for someone from the club to come to my sons presentation night at the Rugby Club on Friday night and present the kids with their trophies. 

With it being the end of season, it was difficult to get someone along - however Ruaridh pushed hard to ensure that someone from the club came along. His brother Graeme who runs the radio sports show came along with Colin Cameron and done a 5/10 min Q&A with the boys, presented them with trophies and were then invited to attend a pre season training day once the players return and meet all the players etc. 

I know from speaking to the guys they are really passionate and want to improve the clubs face with the wider and local community. Lots of fresh ideas and hope everyone can get behind them as they start this new journey. 

Thanks again from all at Templehall Utd 2012s boys were chuffed and thanks also for the donation of Ross Matthews shirt to help raise some funds for the team. 

Edited by RaithRyan

21 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

I’d just like to extend a massive thanks to Ruaridh Kilgour and Stevie McDonald for arranging for someone from the club to come to my sons presentation night at the Rugby Club Sunday night and present the kids with their trophies. 

With it being the end of season, it was difficult to get someone along - however Ruaridh pushed hard to ensure that someone from the club came along. His brother Graeme who runs the radio sports show came along with Colin Cameron and done a 5/10 min Q&A with the boys, presented them with trophies and were then invited to attend a pre season training day once the players return and meet all the players etc. 

I know from speaking to the guys they are really passionate and want to improve the clubs face with the wider and local community. Lots of fresh ideas and hope everyone can get behind them as they start this new journey. 

Thanks again from all at Templehall Utd 2012s boys were chuffed and thanks also for the donation of Ross Matthews shirt to help raise some funds for the team. 

That is just superb, exactly the sort of activity we need from within the club. The more they do for the local youngsters the more of these guys we can hopefully attract to come on a Saturday to bring a bit more in revenue and hopefully make them lifelong fans.

This is pish, good club communication, visible in the community, official TV and local radio spreading positive messages. This can't go on, please make it stop. 

Next it will be an organised set of signings, progress with the promised plans then where will we be? Competent  professional, progressive...get this in the bin.

Where has the in fighting gone?  everyone scrapping for their own bit of ITK kudos, stabbing each other in the back.  I'm livid with this turn of events.

I blame Falkirk. 

1 hour ago, The Tiel Burn said:

This is pish, good club communication, visible in the community, official TV and local radio spreading positive messages. This can't go on, please make it stop. 

Next it will be an organised set of signings, progress with the promised plans then where will we be? Competent  professional, progressive...get this in the bin.

Where has the in fighting gone?  everyone scrapping for their own bit of ITK kudos, stabbing each other in the back.  I'm livid with this turn of events.

I blame Falkirk. 

😂😂👏👏👏👏🍻

12 hours ago, The Tiel Burn said:

I blame Falkirk. 

Never fear, it’ll likely be back before you know it. 

On 14/05/2023 at 10:15, renton said:

It's also partly up to the Trust to be more proactive about what it's there for and where it's going.

Every new election and the one thing you never hear about is an active strategy for raising money that could be used to increase it's influence in the club.

I’d argue the trust has a much larger influence at the club, compared to other member parties of the ‘Fans Forum’.

Hopefully the new guys are willing to stay a lot more visible through our media channels. This is a great start and, although some of this will be to get the fans on side, it definitely helps to feel like the fans are more involved.

I know the Flyers fans are looking over jealously with the talk from our new board while their current owner runs the club in to the ground.

13 minutes ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

Hopefully the new guys are willing to stay a lot more visible through our media channels. This is a great start and, although some of this will be to get the fans on side, it definitely helps to feel like the fans are more involved.

I know the Flyers fans are looking over jealously with the talk from our new board while their current owner runs the club in to the ground.

I'd wager they will. Having listened to the k107 coverage last night, I think Barrowman could be as good as any signing we make on the pitch. He's well spoken, knows what's expected in the game, but can marry it up with business acumen. His time as an agent means that we've got someone who will be able to offer an insight on that front too. It's almost like we wrote a wish list of what we needed, and ended up with a perfect match in terms of skills. 

As for the Flyers, it's a bit of a weird one. I know they'd done joint tickets with the Pars, and they've had very little link up with us in the past. They seemed to be booming a few years back. It's probably an area where we stand to lose out given there's an over saturation of football, and others a novelty aspect of football yet it definitely feels like Rovers are getting better at engaging with fans (particularly younger supporters).