The New Raith Rovers Thread

Aye, I'm nowhere near the point of writing off Ethan Ross (or, for that matter, Jamie Gullan). He hasn't been anywhere near his best this season, but he's also had absolutely no opportunity to get any kind of match fitness. It sounds like the last couple of games might be the only ones where he hasn't had an active injury. 

Gullan is a slightly different case, in as much as I don't think he'd have been massively more impressive this season even if fully fit, but that's largely down to the system we've tried to play him in. He's good enough to play Championship football, but he needs to be used in the right way. If Murray wants to continue with this same attacking setup, I'd be happy enough to see Gullan go. 

1 hour ago, RR #1 said:

You seriously reckon Mcdonald is going to sign for Ayr United to be a 2nd choice behind some guy called Albinson? I know you are probably on a bit of a high after your best ever season but come on. 

That's 2nd placed, playoff semi finalists Ayr United to you @RR #1

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:

The Barrowman and Kilgour talk of infrastructure and bringing  in money. Sim is interested In portacabins and throwing money at a team we can't afford. Even in that interview it showed Sim has not a scooby how to run a business or a football club. 

Thing is, that sort of thing isn't really different from the route Sim was trying to go down. The pitch was him and that portacabin thingy that doesn't really seem to fit the bill was his idea as well. He had ideas, he was just not very good at executing them. Another example that just because someone has been successful in business (and Sim was successful in what he did) doesn't mean they can be successful in any business. To have the club in the financial state it is whilst on the hands of an accountant is bewildering. 

What I am hoping for in the new board is people that will have the idea and make it a success. I've not managed to listen to all of the interview yet, but they seem realistic in their ideas and I am confident that they will make them work. This is a much preferable approach to four story clubhouses or whatever that we've heard in the past. 

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

For anyone at the awards tonight we're all the players there or any absentees and was the new board members in attendance.

I'd be amazed if if everyone involved with the club was there, the room at the Strathearn isn't exactly a Tardis.

23 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

It's incredible that some didn't rate him.  One of the few genuine leaders we have had.  

I was sceptical about him when he signed as I genuinely couldn’t remember him when he played against us. But you could see what he was about when he played and has been a fantastic signing, certainly it was lazy of me to slate him for being a league 1 player, hope Murray has a couple of others like him in mind , incidentally Kevin O’hara has posted his goodbye’s to the pars tonight, what’s people’s thoughts on going for him and @TxRover does it fit in with our moneyball recruitment 😉😂

15 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

I was sceptical about him when he signed as I genuinely couldn’t remember him when he played against us. But you could see what he was about when he played and has been a fantastic signing, certainly it was lazy of me to slate him for being a league 1 player, hope Murray has a couple of others like him in mind , incidentally Kevin O’hara has posted his goodbye’s to the pars tonight, what’s people’s thoughts on going for him and @TxRover does it fit in with our moneyball recruitment 😉😂

Incidentally,  I was out with one of my good friends tonight who is from Peterhead,  and he was saying its common knowledge that Brown was playing miles beneath his level there.  

30 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Probably cheap, like our other CF options this year. Certainly not a scorer like we want (about one goal per 239 minutes, or one every 2.67 games…) or significantly better than what we’ve had. This may be crazy, but if Akio is let go, would it be silly to have him as a winger? He looked much more threatening than before the second half against Partick.

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve apparently agreed a PCA with a goalkeeper up here who’s been playing regularly for their current club. 

I had assumed it was maybe someone further down the divisions but it could be MacDonald if we’re looking for someone to really push Albinson. He gets a fair amount of stick from our fans for being ex-Killie but at the last game at Somerset he was taking it quite well and having a bit of a chat with fans in the SRE during stoppages. 

Mind you, if Mark Ridgers exploits last night are anything to go by it may well be him that’s joining us. 

Jamie MacDonald signed for us because he didn’t want to commute to training in the west, I doubt that’s changed 

Edited by McGuigan1978

4 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Jamie MacDonald signed for us because he didn’t to commute to training in the west, I doubt that’s changed 

It may sound screwy, but if Jamie wants a local coaching opportunity and perhaps some playing, Kelty would be interesting, he might know some people with contracts at the club.😉