The New Raith Rovers Thread

For me I think both Lang and Connolly will stay if offered decent terms, McGill will be signed on a permeant 2 year deal, Akio and the other fraud that claimed to be a 'striker' will be sent back to their parent clubs to be released and play somewhere in the seaside leagues or for some insignificant English 6th tier team. Ngwenya is a difficult one, shows promise but equally shows liability, personally if we signed him on a permeant deal I'd be reasonably happy. If Jammer is leaving then Gatson would be the obvious 1st choice but maybe he prefers part time football, if Accies do go down then Fulton  wouldn't be a bad option. If Spencer leaves I'd be slightly disappointed but not surprised, don't think he will wind up as a direct opponent next season, probably at Falkirk who will undoubtedly make a James Hunt of the play offs. Masson and Millen yep definitely offer new and improved deals.

All in all a successful but disappointing season, roll on the 23/24 campaign. Still need to see 2 or 3 teams who we will be facing but onwards and hopefully upwards.

Edit - McBride can be chucked into the Forth, a complete waster

Edited by keyser_soze

4 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I wonder how many out of contract players are trying to hang fire on new contracts in case McGlynn manages to get Falkirk up

It's a fair point, as this new lot are not going to build in ridiculous increases year on year for the new deals. 

We’ve apparently agreed a PCA with a goalkeeper up here who’s been playing regularly for their current club. 

I had assumed it was maybe someone further down the divisions but it could be MacDonald if we’re looking for someone to really push Albinson. He gets a fair amount of stick from our fans for being ex-Killie but at the last game at Somerset he was taking it quite well and having a bit of a chat with fans in the SRE during stoppages. 

Mind you, if Mark Ridgers exploits last night are anything to go by it may well be him that’s joining us. 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve apparently agreed a PCA with a goalkeeper up here who’s been playing regularly for their current club. 

I had assumed it was maybe someone further down the divisions but it could be MacDonald if we’re looking for someone to really push Albinson. He gets a fair amount of stick from our fans for being ex-Killie but at the last game at Somerset he was taking it quite well and having a bit of a chat with fans in the SRE during stoppages. 

Mind you, if Mark Ridgers exploits last night are anything to go by it may well be him that’s joining us. 

You seriously reckon Mcdonald is going to sign for Ayr United to be a 2nd choice behind some guy called Albinson? I know you are probably on a bit of a high after your best ever season but come on. 

Just now, RR #1 said:

You seriously reckon Mcdonald is going to sign for Ayr United to be a 2nd choice behind some guy called Albinson? I know you are probably on a bit of a high after your best ever season but come on. 

That the same Charlie Albinson that’s been the best goalie in the league? 

Could easily be tempted with a nice pay rise and a player/coaching gig. 

I'd be really dissapointed if McDonald moves on to anyone else in this league, especially if it's as 2nd choice - he'd be far too good for that.

May be something in the coaching aspect though.

21 hours ago, buchan30 said:

First half, he was the only one that gets pass marks. Listened to the sim interview heading to and from the game. They seem to talk a good game and if they fulfil what they say they will, then things will look good for the club in the long term. 
Quite personally, i would abandon the off feild stuff and throw money at an entirely new back four that doesn’t cause panic any time the ball comes near the 18 yard box. 

What and lose another 100k

9 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I've no idea who or where these ads in the away end bogs came from, but I'm absolutely bowled over by them. Phenomenal work. 

See our new Directors are on the ball. They sold that toilet space for 1 squilion dollars. 

38 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You do realise McDonald is ex Killie as well

42 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

For me I think both Lang and Connolly will stay if offered decent terms, McGill will be signed on a permeant 2 year deal, Akio and the other fraud that claimed to be a 'striker' will be sent back to their parent clubs to be released and play somewhere in the seaside leagues or for some insignificant English 6th tier team. Ngwenya is a difficult one, shows promise but equally shows liability, personally if we signed him on a permeant deal I'd be reasonably happy. If Jammer is leaving then Gatson would be the obvious 1st choice but maybe he prefers part time football, if Accies do go down then Fulton  wouldn't be a bad option. If Spencer leaves I'd be slightly disappointed but not surprised, don't think he will wind up as a direct opponent next season, probably at Falkirk who will undoubtedly make a James Hunt of the play offs. Masson and Millen yep definitely offer new and improved deals.

All in all a successful but disappointing season, roll on the 23/24 campaign. Still need to see 2 or 3 teams who we will be facing but onwards and hopefully upwards.

Edit - McBride can be chucked into the Forth, a complete waster

Ngwenya can go, last night I thought he was awful. There's a lot better out there and that goes for most of this squad. Remember we finished 7th. We need improvement across the pitch, especially defence and up front. I wouldn't be sad to see most go including the likes of Ethan Ross and Jamie Gullan.

6 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

"Village idiots" won you over?

The Barrowman and Kilgour talk of infrastructure and bringing  in money. Sim is interested In portacabins and throwing money at a team we can't afford. Even in that interview it showed Sim has not a scooby how to run a business or a football club. 

16 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I wouldn't be sad to see most go including the likes of Ethan Ross and Jamie Gullan.

The problem with that is both are under contract and with the injuries they’ve had this season would you really see anyone paying cash for them this summer? Plus they would be on good money maybe in the higher end of our wage bill and can’t see them getting that anywhere else and we’ll be lumbered with them 

16 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

The Barrowman and Kilgour talk of infrastructure and bringing  in money. Sim is interested In portacabins and throwing money at a team we can't afford. Even in that interview it showed Sim has not a scooby how to run a business or a football club. 

Apart from that international accounting firm he runs? Apart from that?

20 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

The problem with that is both are under contract and with the injuries they’ve had this season would you really see anyone paying cash for them this summer? Plus they would be on good money maybe in the higher end of our wage bill and can’t see them getting that anywhere else and we’ll be lumbered with them 

Getting them off the wage bill would probably be fine. Waive a fee, allow another club to take over their contract. 

26 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

McGlynn might 😉

Ethan Ross, I think (and hope) will be absolutely fine again once he’s had a pre-season. He was visibly blowing out his arse after about 15 minutes last night but he’s been injured for a long time. You don’t become a bad player in that space of time and he’s shown he can be excellent at this level in the past. Get him fit and he can still be a big player for us.