The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I've no idea who or where these ads in the away end bogs came from, but I'm absolutely bowled over by them. Phenomenal work. 

Great to see the new board making positive changes to the ground already. 

Edited by McGuigan1978

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

These are outstanding. If this is a sign of things to come in the new era I'm all for it. Get them in the South Stand asap. 

Sod the South Stand, get them in the club shop, I'd buy a couple for my man cave

What was very interesting last night was the age of our crowd. Nice to see many future Raith fans in the South stand. 

With under 12s going fre next season we should be looking to fill the South Stand.

Finished the interview while on the train to the St Johnstone game. Actual investment you can see is a foundation up idea I like. 

A lot of non playing wages but I can't see how you have 1 part of the journey without the other. 

Also sense these guys will be more ruthless than we have seen which will ruffle feathers but might well be a missing factor.

Well managed reveal and RaithTV showing the pros how it's done. 

Jamie McDonald leaving is sad stuff, beyond sentimentality he is easily worth a contract. Of the others I've heard leaving its all about who replaces them. I'm pretty meh about the outgoing rumours. 

Those ads have a “social media” feel about them, so I’d say Kilgour is playing around a bit, a good sign…and I agree those would be outstanding framed, just not the originals from the pisser!

If MacDonald is leaving, I wonder if IM might not consider Thomson and McNeil as a decent enough pair to start with. It keeps his keeper coach in place and provides a decent starting keeper, along with the young hotshot that IM likes to push for the starting role. Yes, Thomson isn’t MacDonald, but a great keeper behind a piecemeal line didn’t work this year, so more investment in the line is needed. There will be keepers available, but in Thomson (if he can re-sign him) IM has a known quantity, which is worth quite a bit at that position. I think it would have to be a very clear upgrade for IM to spend his cash on keeper, if Thomson and McNeil are willing to sign.

25 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Jamie McDonald leaving is sad stuff, beyond sentimentality he is easily worth a contract. 

I think he will have been offered a contract.

Thomson is a decent back up keeper not a regular starter and he obviously realises this hence his coaching roles.

We will need to invest in another starting keeper. As well as some serious surgery in the defence. 

15 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Thomson is a decent back up keeper not a regular starter and he obviously realises this hence his coaching roles.

We will need to invest in another starting keeper. As well as some serious surgery in the defence. 

I don’t disagree, but I suspect IM isn’t against thinking McNeil might be an answer. Again, it’s gonna be an interesting offseason of hope and fear.

51 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Finished the interview while on the train to the St Johnstone game. Actual investment you can see is a foundation up idea I like. 

A lot of non playing wages but I can't see how you have 1 part of the journey without the other. 

Also sense these guys will be more ruthless than we have seen which will ruffle feathers but might well be a missing factor.

Well managed reveal and RaithTV showing the pros how it's done. 

Jamie McDonald leaving is sad stuff, beyond sentimentality he is easily worth a contract. Of the others I've heard leaving its all about who replaces them. I'm pretty meh about the outgoing rumours. 

Who else is rumoured to leave 

56 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I don’t disagree, but I suspect IM isn’t against thinking McNeil might be an answer. Again, it’s gonna be an interesting offseason of hope and fear.

Neither Thomson nor McNeil are regular Championship level starters. Particularly in what will be an even more competitive Championship. We need a 1st choice keeper if JMc is indeed leaving.

1 hour ago, Rover1990 said:

Who else is rumoured to leave 

I would reckon most out of contract would be leaving, but I’ve got a feeling that the main 3 Connolly, Lang and Spencer will be off (this ain’t me ITK) it’s just a hunch… with a few youngsters returning plus maybe a Liam dick and Robbie Thomson staying I reckon and McGill on a permanent