The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Well, that's certainly the last we'll be seeing of Jamie MacDonald. A fine goalkeeper, the best since McGurn. He'll be very tough to replace. 

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Wouldn't surprise me. He's at a point where injuries are creeping in quite regularly and he's been picking up a bit of punditry work I think. He's been an excellent servant to the club, and a thoroughly decent guy. 

Been saying all year he’s looked more vulnerable to injuries this year than previous. I don’t think this years patchwork defending has encouraged him, and he has the kiddos too.

Surely Akio's best game.

OK, best half. That shot towards the end forced an astonishing save which would have put them oot the playoffs, which would have been pleasing.

Agree Jamie looks like he's away, which is sad, but I'd also be happy to keep McGill.

Exciting times ahead. Looking fwd to all that's about to unfold.

I'm not expecting many to agree here but I would have MacDonald above McGurn. He might not have the iconic status among the fans, but he's just an all round better goalkeeper I feel. 

He'll be almost impossible to replace at this level. 

Thought Young looked like he might have been waving goodbye also. 

None of the injured players bothered coming onto the pitch so difficult to tell anything about their intentions. 

Did think a lot of the players were very quick down the tunnel given they were all being given a very warm reception. Glad I went along tonight, if nothing else to see MacDonald away. A very fine goalkeeper indeed, probably the best in the last 20 years. 

34 minutes ago, renton said:

Would be happy to sign Scott McGill next season.

First half, he was the only one that gets pass marks. Listened to the sim interview heading to and from the game. They seem to talk a good game and if they fulfil what they say they will, then things will look good for the club in the long term. 
Quite personally, i would abandon the off feild stuff and throw money at an entirely new back four that doesn’t cause panic any time the ball comes near the 18 yard box. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Did think a lot of the players were very quick down the tunnel given they were all being given a very warm reception. Glad I went along tonight, if nothing else to see MacDonald away. A very fine goalkeeper indeed, probably the best in the last 20 years. 

I thought this too. I seen some Arbroath players stayed out till after 10 to sign autographs and photos etc. no one really done that for us. Slightly disappointing 

McGill was excellent tonight, a real good workrate and some nice play as well. Thought Masson did well, great last ditch tackle in the first half. Not convinced his booking was a booking though, same could be said for a few of them tonight. Ref was hopeless. Some good balls into the box from Young when he came on too after Ethan "made of glass" Ross inevitably went off. 

Hope it wasn't MacDonald's last game, he's been so good for us. 

If Akio’s run and hit with his left foot had gone in they’d have had to scrub the goal of the season result and just give him the trophy. I don’t think I’d seen him kick it with his left foot since he signed prior to that point. 

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Replacing Cove, one of the worst away days in the country, with a derby next season is lovely to see btw.  Pretty horrendous records against them both away but there's at least some patter rather than Cove's solitary fan on here. 

Cove were -5 goals worse off than Hamilton on the same points.

It makes us fucking them over 6-1 all the more pleasing.