The New Raith Rovers Thread

Pretty slick piece of club communication, picked up the new folk spoke with fans groups and Raith TV before media. I like that approach.

Hadn't actually thought about the pitfalls of smashing our way into promotion race with no infrastructure. Glad they seem to know more than me. 

Healthy budget and more folk with football knowledge sounded positive. 

I like having something to feel positive about so will be deleting this if it goes tits up. 

Thoughts and prayers for Allan Crowe, he's going to be housebound for weeks serialising this one. 

It’s the most passion I’ve seen in years involving anyone running the club , Very sensible modern approach IMO and the fans now have to get behind the club with the under 12 free entry a fantastic idea , The sports bar something I’ve banged on about for years because the Novar would get my money pre match .

It's definitely exciting times and the interview paints a good picture. It would be good to hear from some of the other new faces, something davie touched on in the interview. For all his faults sim is a rovers fan and you can see his excitement coming through there. The approach seems to be to build from the ground up and I'm on board with that. Andy and ruirah (probably spelled wrong apologies) spoke very well and you can see the enthusiasm from them. Talk of a team to supplement the first team, be that a reserve squad or a you team, and also the acknowledgement of needing a pathway for young players to the first team is very encouraging. It will at least allow us to have more than 1 sub available when it comes in to place. Potter is regarded as a good coach, so I'm hoping he can identify the key areas in the development process. Murray is set to have a competitive budget, doesn't say much really, but hopefully means he can build his own squad and get the right players in. Exciting times and there's alot to digest today. 

Eta: another great job by Davie and all at raith TV with this interview. 

Edited by grumswall

Very good interview, Andy Barrowman and Ruaridh Kilgour spoke very well and positively. Nice to see younger people coming in. Fresh ideas and great to hear that our playing budget will be improved along with the stadium.

Really excited by this. 
Not sure what level of investment the guys are putting in but I would far rather have these guys coming in with zero investment but all of these ideas and expertise to try and make us a sustainable club with a solid foundation than, for example, a lottery winner coming in and handing over £2m. 

We’ve had a lot of false dawns at this club but it feels like this could be the start of something very exciting and that the club should be in a better place in the medium term than it is now. 

14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Solid interview…I’ll post some notes shortly, but pretty excited overall. Hope those sullen youth on the way to Morrison’s can spend enough to get us a striker!

Don't bother with the notes. I think everyone wants to watch the interview itself, and if they don't, it beats the shit out of me why not. 

1 hour ago, Roath Raver said:

Here is our interview with John Sim, Andrew Barrowman and Ruaridh Kilgour.

Also available in podcast form - https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/raithtv/episodes/Extended-Interview-John-Sim--Andrew-Barrowman-and-Ruaridh-Kilgour-e23i6ve

I got 20 mins in. I’ll finish the rest later after running kids about. Firstly, well done to the Raith TV on the interview. You are asking the right questions and it leaves me feeling excited about the direction of travel. 

5 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Don't bother with the notes. I think everyone wants to watch the interview itself, and if they don't, it beats the shit out of me why not. 

Typed something similar but it sounded harsh on TX. Let folk watch it first, I'm a lazy basa and wouldn't have bothered if there was a run down.

Glad I did, I also took the sense thats there's a bit of steel and determination which may have been lacking despite lots of hard work off the field. 

Glad you guys got it over the line , 9 years  Dean was with us and see where we have come , he's gone to a  bigger team , bigger crowds and potential investment , you defo have a good captain of the ship just give him /them time 

7 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

I'm a lazy basa and wouldn't have bothered if there was a run down.

I am like this when it comes to the pre and post match interviews, however every rovers fan should watch/listen to this interview. Big changes are coming and it’s not like this happens every week so it is a must watch in my eyes!

17 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

10 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

Typed something similar but it sounded harsh on TX. Let folk watch it first, I'm a lazy basa and wouldn't have bothered if there was a run down.

Glad I did, I also took the sense thats there's a bit of steel and determination which may have been lacking despite lots of hard work off the field. 

But some won't regardless...plus I'll put some time hacks in. I'm bored waiting for a service call...I'll put it in a spoiler.

19 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I got 20 mins in. I’ll finish the rest later after running kids about. Firstly, well done to the Raith TV on the interview. You are asking the right questions and it leaves me feeling excited about the direction of travel. 

Exactly the same, 25 mins in and heading for a pre match pint. Sim gets the respect he's due, strong base to the consortium and the club controlling the story with an excellent interview.

I like what I hear. 

Tiny, tiny point in the grand scheme of things, but nice to see the old club crest back on everyone's lapels in the PR photos today (although to be fair the ties have the current badge on them). Wonder if we're going to be using the old crest more again from now on?

8 minutes ago, Kuma Power said:

Tiny, tiny point in the grand scheme of things, but nice to see the old club crest back on everyone's lapels in the PR photos today (although to be fair the ties have the current badge on them). Wonder if we're going to be using the old crest more again from now on?

Wasn't there a legal reason we couldn't use that now?