The New Raith Rovers Thread

Folk scoffing at Barjonas because of a handful of appearances for us when he was a teenager need to have a word with themselves. I think he'd be a really good signing.

There are a number of players in the squad that I like but we want to finish higher than 7th next season, and that's all this squad achieved. We need to get better value out of our signings and we need a bit more depth to our playing squad. If that means some popular players moving on then so be it, if there is investment there then I have faith that Murray can build a squad capable of taking us forward.

I draw the line at Lewis Vaughan however, he stays no matter what 😍

1 minute ago, Double Jack D said:

Folk scoffing at Barjonas because of a handful of appearances for us when he was a teenager need to have a word with themselves. I think he'd be a really good signing.

There are a number of players in the squad that I like but we want to finish higher than 7th next season, and that's all this squad achieved. We need to get better value out of our signings and we need a bit more depth to our playing squad. If that means some popular players moving on then so be it, if there is investment there then I have faith that Murray can build a squad capable of taking us forward.

I draw the line at Lewis Vaughan however, he stays no matter what 😍

I’m scoffing at Barjonas because we’re stuffed at AM…now, talk to me about a DM signing, and I’ll listen…a CB and I’ll lean forward and listen…a striker(s) and I’ll be hanging on every word.

7 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

That report lacks a bit of detail.

There's no mention of our losses, either average or cumulative, since 2005.

They really need to get their fingers out and dig a bit deeper. They're keeping fans in the dark.

3 hours ago, Rover1990 said:

I'm not against Barjonas.  He was 19 when he was last with us he has had a fair bit of football since and done well at Kelty.  People wrote off Connolly when we got him back and hes been our best player the last two seasons.  If Barjonas is incoming I hope he proves a lot of people on here wrong.  

A bit of revisionism on Connolly, no? He had been unremarkable/poor with his more recent clubs and so did not recieve an enthusiastic response, but negative sentiment was dampened oddly enough by the fact he had a decent spell with us previously. The signing of Zanatta, however, was not well received. We all looked daft on that one for about six months until he reverted to being crap. 

If signed, hopefully he will do better for us than other players that I dislike have done when signing for us. Eddie Malone and James fucking Keatings, for instance. 

That FFP article is surely a fake as it's missing the £150k a season loss phrase. Or has someone reprogrammed the chatbot that writes the article? 

40 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

They really need to get their fingers out and dig a bit deeper. They're keeping fans in the dark.

Hey now, no one can know the financial figures, don’t you know!

41 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

When they mentioned long running saga I assumed they were referencing their recent adaptation of the Sim Raith TV interview. 

I’m a bit surprised at the negativity towards Barjonas too. I remember when Regan Hendry first came in under Smith. He hardly kicked a ball and was less than impressive. Fast forward to the following season when he came back and he was outstanding! 

1 minute ago, Jilted John said:

I’m a bit surprised at the negativity towards Barjonas too. I remember when Regan Hendry first came in under Smith. He hardly kicked a ball and was less than impressive. Fast forward to the following season when he came back and he was outstanding! 

He hardly played under Smith, but the times he did he was miles above anything Barjonas showed.

That said, he wouldn't be the first Rangers loanee to improve after leaving us, so I'm not overly concerned if he signs.

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Could Barjonas be the replacement for Spencer, IF as some suspect hes off at seasons end   

No, Spencer is more of a DM in IM’s scheme, Barjonas is not a DM.

22 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Would see him more of a replacement for McBride if anything 

Perhaps, unfortunately, more of a McGill type, although McGill showed he can play DM. I wonder how sold IM is on McBride.

If we assume Spencer, McBride and Connolly leave…we have Arnott, Brown, Stanton, Matthews, Easton and Ross…plus Vaughan and Gullan…to fill the DM and offensive roles. Matthews could take the DM role, but isn’t a natural fit there. So we do need at least one DM and some cover (Matthews/Stanton and perhaps McGill). Mitchell should be in there too, but we don’t know…Barjonas seems to need a shoehorn to fit in there, but we could use another body…

Now, this is pure speculation, but with the Kelty crew coming in, what DM’s are available from League One? They’ll know them all, and with Potter coming in as DoF, surely he’ll have some “ideas” for IM.

14 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

He hardly played under Smith, but the times he did he was miles above anything Barjonas showed.

Did he really? Hendry played 4 games in league 1, two of them from the bench I’m sure whereas Barjonas played in the championship and scored two goals. His contribution was more than Hendry’s initial contribution. 

12 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Did he really? Hendry played 4 games in league 1, two of them from the bench I’m sure whereas Barjonas played in the championship and scored two goals. His contribution was more than Hendry’s initial contribution. 

Barjonas was in League 1 also.  

Hendry's lack of game time was purely down to Smith being useless.

10 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Hendry definitely played more than that. He signed in January and never got a look in for weeks, then he got a start out of nowhere when we lost 3-0 to Ayr and he was our best player that day. 

After that he played reasonably regularly for the rest of the season. He never showed anything to suggest that he was going to be a standout for us but he was a tidy player and definitely better than Barjonas was. 

20 minutes ago, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

Just been told by insider at Kelty the takeover has fallen through

Could give more details but will wait to see if confirmed 

Not trying to shoot the messenger but the Kelty individuals resigned from the Kelty board 2 weeks ago , The Rovers fans rep now appointed as a director of New Raith rovers limited why do all this then suddenly the deal collapses surely all parties knew where they stood before progressing as far as it has but the longer these rumours continue it only doing more harm than good 

Edited by basher brash