The New Raith Rovers Thread

33 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

FFP exclusive?

Sportspress understands that a Fife-based consortium is poised to take over Raith Rovers in the next few weeks. 

The Kirkcaldy outfit, which has lost an average of £150,000 a year since 2005...

18 minutes ago, Hadji said:

Yeh same info on the board. Couple of names on it that are very intresting from a commercial point of view.

I was told Friday before the game for the announcement. 

Heard something similar regarding the commercial side and was lead to believe that Potters coming in to a different role we may have expected.

9 hours ago, Geordie_Munrover said:

I’m hearing Shaun Byrne from Dundee is a target 

Lives in and is from Kirkcaldy, so that'd work. Good solid defensive-minded CM that would do well at Raith I reckon. Bowyer's clearly not a fan of him, but he's definitely fit as he's been getting appearances here and there, to big cheers from the crowds as he's a fan favourite. You'll have to pay though as he's contracted for next season, though with Bowyer's lack of interest in him I doubt it'd cost much to sign him. Even then, would definitely not be surprised if we mutually agree to terminate his contract, such is his isolation from getting serious playing time. If your new owners are serious, I think this move would make perfect sense.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I thought Shaun Byrne came from Kennoway. Certainly stayed there when he played for us.

Just checked his Linked in and it says he's from Kennoway. He was born in Kirkcaldy due to the maternity hospital being there.

Edited by Chubbychops

7 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I thought Shaun Byrne came from Kennoway. Certainly stayed there when he played for us.

Just checked his Linked in and it says he's from Kennoway. He was born in Kirkcaldy due to the maternity hospital being there.

Definitely from Kennoway, played against him at boys club level for years. I used to see him at the Pure Gym in Dunfermline pretty regularly, so assumed he stayed in Dunfermline. 

29 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Shaun isn't from Kirkcaldy, he used to stay in Kennoway with his girlfriend and her mum.

1 hour ago, Hadji said:

Yeh same info on the board. Couple of names on it that are very intresting from a commercial point of view.

I was told Friday before the game for the announcement. 

If this is truly happening, it'll be interesting to see who the 8 board members are 

4 hours ago, Michael W said:

Signing Jamie Barjonas is almost as appealing as the thought of a fellow Murray Park shitebag like Jordan Thompson* returning. 

Obviously players don't always stay the same as when they played for you, especially if they were young. It is not a signing that fills me with any real degree of enthusiasm, however. Hopefully he has indeed improved markedly. 

*100 games for Stoke and 20(!) Northern Ireland caps. Who the hell saw that coming?!

One goal every 5.27 games or every 474 minutes. He's another midfielder. so that might appeal to IM...but, Jesus, if he's the answer, whats the question?

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

One goal every 5.27 games or every 474 minutes. He's another midfielder. so that might appeal to IM...but, Jesus, if he's the answer, whats the question?

I don’t see why we need another No10 got Vaughan, Stanton, Easton and Ross who can all play that role plus 3 of the 4 can cover out wide unless one of them is leaving I don’t see the point in barjonas tbh 

6 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I don’t see why we need another No10 got Vaughan, Stanton, Easton and Ross who can all play that role plus 3 of the 4 can cover out wide unless one of them is leaving I don’t see the point in barjonas tbh 

All these players are under contract as well, so will be here unless we allow them to leave for free. 

I know he's not a No10, but I'd be surprised if Connolly isn't attracting interest from elsewhere, so I wondered if someone like Barjonas might be intended to replace him. Not that I would be playing him as a winger if we did end up signing him! 

11 hours ago, Hadji said:

Shaun isn't from Kirkcaldy, he used to stay in Kennoway with his girlfriend and her mum.

Isn't your girlfriend and mum the same thing in Kennoway??

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

All these players are under contract as well, so will be here unless we allow them to leave for free. 

I know he's not a No10, but I'd be surprised if Connolly isn't attracting interest from elsewhere, so I wondered if someone like Barjonas might be intended to replace him. Not that I would be playing him as a winger if we did end up signing him! 

That’s a fair point, but just say Connolly stays so does the rest of the players I mentioned then barjonas is just going to be a squad filler player…  I just can’t see this being a murray signing tbh but that’s just me though 

I'm not against Barjonas.  He was 19 when he was last with us he has had a fair bit of football since and done well at Kelty.  People wrote off Connolly when we got him back and hes been our best player the last two seasons.  If Barjonas is incoming I hope he proves a lot of people on here wrong.  

Jack Hamilton is out of contract at Livi this summer. Transfermarkt states Hartlepool have an option to buy but given he’s scored 2 in 29 this year, you’d doubt they’ll be taking that option. Don’t think he will lack potential suitors in the Championship but he’d be a great signing for us. 

He is still only 22, however. Meaning any club signing him would be due Livi a development fee. Imagine this will put a lot off. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

38 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Jack Hamilton is out of contract at Livi this summer. Transfermarkt states Hartlepool have an option to buy but given he’s scored 2 in 29 this year, you’d doubt they’ll be taking that option. Don’t think he will lack potential suitors in the Championship but he’d be a great signing for us. 

He is still only 22, however. Meaning any club signing him would be due Livi a development fee. Imagine this will put a lot off. 

Livi will only be due a development fee if they offer him a contract at least equal to the terms of his current one.

If they do, I can't imagine many championship clubs being able to compete with that.