The New Raith Rovers Thread

Fraser will be back, I've heard him say that sooooo many times over the past 40 odd years, said it myself more times than I care to remember 🤣

Edit - That's very tame given your fucking standards 

Edited by keyser_soze

You’re not telling me some folk are bemoaning letting Benedictus go because the club finished 7th this season?

RATM mentioned it earlier but not keeping him on & him subsequently playing well in the division below are not intrinsically linked. It was almost certainly the best move for all parties letting him move on & I disagree that the level of League 1 (for the most part) isn’t too different from the Championship.

I’ve nothing against Benedictus at all but I think the Pars could be struggling next season if they don’t look to make improvements in all areas of their squad. He’ll doubtless be a useful player for them but I’m not sure you’re wanting to bank on him being a starting centre half in this division.

30 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Strange at the time the majority of the people on here weren’t up or down regarding Benny leaving , He decided to leave at the end of the day so who cares 

The majority on here believe we’ll magically find better players every season. It’s a wonder we’re not in the Scottish Premiership by now, instead of slipping down the League placings.

37 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The majority on here believe we’ll magically find better players every season. It’s a wonder we’re not in the Scottish Premiership by now, instead of slipping down the League placings.

There's always next season..... 

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

I think part of the problem is that whilst we can improve in areas, there is always the issue of our better players being picked up by other clubs when their contracts expire. 

Edited by Michael W

44 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I think part of the problem is that whilst we can improve in areas, there is always the issue of our better players being picked up by other clubs when their contracts expire. 

That happens to every club outwith the old firm.

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I don’t have a problem with that. While our goal is to reach the premier league, there’s nothing wrong with getting rid of players who aren’t good enough to get you there. The problem comes when the players we bring in are worse than the ones they replace.

If the noises coming out of the club were that championship survival was our aim then Bene would have been more that fine for that. That’s on the club not the fans.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

That happens to every club outwith the old firm.

Absolutely. It's what makes the aim to improve every season so difficult. Easy said to replace the weaker players in your squad, but you end up needing to replace the ones you didn't want to as well. It's the way it is, unfortunately. 

Sometimes the replacements for the weaker players aren't much better also, but that one is on the club/manager. 

Summer shopping list;

1 x GK

2 x RB*

2 x CB

2 x LB*

1 or 2 x CM (depending on who stays)

2 x WM

2x ST

Everyone bar Connolly and Lang that aren’t under contract get so far to f**k.

*I can’t watch Millen or Dick play football ever again.

Edited by Dalgety Rover

12 minutes ago, Dalgety Rover said:

Summer shopping list;

1 x GK

2 x RB*

2 x CB

2 x LB*

2 x WM

2x ST

Harsh on McDonald tbh.

29 minutes ago, Dalgety Rover said:

Summer shopping list;

1 x GK

2 x RB*

2 x CB

2 x LB*

2 x WM

2x ST

Unsure what Millen has done to get such a terrible review. Been absolutely fine from about the 4th game of the season onwards. 

23 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Unsure what Millen has done to get such a terrible review. Been absolutely fine from about the 4th game of the season onwards. 

Defensively, good as you’re gonna get. It’s how pathetic he is going forward. Can’t pass more than ten yards, can’t cross.

2 minutes ago, Dalgety Rover said:

Defensively, good as you’re gonna get. It’s how pathetic he is going forward. Can’t pass more than ten yards, can’t cross.

Can’t cross!! He puts in about 4 or 5 great crosses per game.