The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

While I love the enthusiasm i'd say McGill has looked good in spells, but at no point have I thought he's a stick on in any position ahead of what we have. He is young and has opportunity to develop. 

Agree he’s not a stick on starter, but…he has massive utility as a willing, hunger young player able to play reasonably in any of about 7 outfield positions in our favorite formation. Players like that are huge for a limited resources team like the Rovers.

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Agree he’s not a stick on starter, but…he has massive utility as a willing, hunger young player able to play reasonably in any of about 7 outfield positions in our favorite formation. Players like that are huge for a limited resources team like the Rovers.

Meh, no doubt he's a grafter but if we want to be a play off contender I would prefer we seek an upgrade. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

At a goal every 4 and a half games Agyeman will certainly fit right in with the other forwards at Stark's Park. 

As for Barjonas, I would rather we play a man short each week than include him in our line up. 

I wholly admire the time and dedication you are offering your character. Its like a real time window into De Niro's methodology. More please it's greatly entertaining for us all. 

4 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

I wholly admire the time and dedication you are offering your character. Its like a real time window into De Niro's methodology. More please it's greatly entertaining for us all. 

De Niro is useless. The John Potter of acting. 

Jamie Barjonas has been a very accomplished player for Kelty over the past few seasons. There’s the obvious caveat with this that it’s been at a lower level than the Championship, obviously.

A bigger issue is that the club doesn’t need a number 10 type player at the minute.

Barjonas makes no sense as a signing, he's not better than anyone we have already in a position we have enough cover for. 

Does Murray want him due to his no 10 addiction or are they bringing their favourite players along with them? 

Jamie Barjonas was exceptional at League Two level, and good at League One this term, although I totally agree, I loathed him at Stark's Park last time around, and that's because he was broadly incapable of what we wanted him to do at the time. He also had really poor loan spells at Ayr and Partick Thistle after ourselves. 

However, you can't really fault his attitude and application over the last two seasons, and he absolutely deserves another shot at full time football, based on his performances over the last couple of campaigns. It was also four years since he was here on loan, players can develop. 

I watched a few Kelty games in that time, and he was so far above most other players on the park ability wise, which was confusing considering what I'd seen before.

It's handy that he can play further forward, or a bit more withdrawn like Brad Spencer, and if he moves on, which seems likely, I can understand the move if it happens, especially regarding who is out of contact in the summer, and the players who have been crocked for all of this term. 

Edited by McGuigan1978

47 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Jamie Barjonas was exceptional at League Two level, and good at League One this term, although I totally agree, I loathed him at Stark's Park last time around, and that's because he was broadly incapable of what we wanted him to do at the time. He also had really poor loan spells at Ayr and Partick Thistle after ourselves. 

However, you can't really fault his attitude and application over the last two seasons, and he absolutely deserves another shot at full time football, based on his performances over the last couple of campaigns. It was also four years since he was here on loan, players can develop. 

I watched a few Kelty games in that time, and he was so far above most other players on the park ability wise, which was confusing considering what I'd seen before.

It's handy that he can play further forward, or a bit more withdrawn like Brad Spencer, and if he moves on, which seems likely, I can understand the move if it happens, especially regarding who is out of contact in the summer, and the players who have been crocked for all of this term. 

Far too sensible a post for the reactionary types here who saw him 4 years ago and can't get their heads around the fact he might just have improved his game since then. Add to that he'd be playing in a very different system to the one we deployed him in before, and under wholly different management and tactics.

The bedwetters have started early, with the current season not even finished and player contracts still in place.

Gonna be a long summer.

14 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Far too sensible a post for the reactionary types here who saw him 4 years ago and can't get their heads around the fact he might just have improved his game since then. Add to that he'd be playing in a very different system to the one we deployed him in before, and under wholly different management and tactics.

The bedwetters have started early, with the current season not even finished and player contracts still in place.

Gonna be a long summer.

It would have to be a helluva improvement for him to be up to championship level. 

No doubt we'll have plenty more of these banter signings to come this summer as the Kelty boys get the band back together. 

23 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It would have to be a helluva improvement for him to be up to championship level. 

No doubt we'll have plenty more of these banter signings to come this summer as the Kelty boys get the band back together. 

What do you mean by this exactly?

You’ve been making weird, two or three sentence statements for about four or five days now, but they don’t really amount to anything or make a lick of sense, at least to myself. 

I feel like I’m out for a walk and come across someone inexplicably shouting at the sea. 

Are you suggesting that if the previous Kelty owners take over then we’ll sign the bulk of the Kelty squad? 

If so, and you’re right, then you’d be spot on as that would be awful, but what is leading you to believe that’s the case? 

And if you don’t mean that, then what on earth are you going on about? 

16 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

What do you mean by this exactly?

You’ve been making weird, two or three sentence statements for about four or five days now, but they don’t really amount to anything or make a lick of sense, at least to myself. 

I feel like I’m out for a walk and come across someone inexplicably shouting at the sea. 

Are you suggesting that if the previous Kelty owners take over then we’ll sign the bulk of the Kelty squad? 

If so, and you’re right, then you’d be spot on as that would be awful, but what is leading you to believe that’s the case? 

And if you don’t mean that, then what on earth are you going on about? 

I'm not sure he knows himself what he's talking about. Clearly has an issue with everything Kelty. Heard today some names involved and although limited investment it appears we will be far better off with these people all involved making us a far more professional set up.