The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, foreverarover said:

What all this "he's earned his money from elsewhere" what the fcuk does that actually mean?? 🤣🤣

What it tends to mean is that the person writing it tends to be jealous of the local businessman’s success so rather than putting it down to hard work, they try to smear them with some nonsense to make themselves feel better.

21 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

What it tends to mean is that the person writing it tends to be jealous of the local businessman’s success so rather than putting it down to hard work, they try to smear them with some nonsense to make themselves feel better.

His only fans is 🔥

The problem with the Hybrid model is training time for the part-timers overlaps with other uses for the pitch as Starks Park. Back when we were hybrid recently, it was barely hybrid, with only two or three part-timers. I can’t see us going back to any part-time players simply because it would disrupt revenue from the pitch…although with the new “owners” not being invested in the Park…hummmm…

I felt very encouraged after listening to K107. Without naming names as such he names names. Raith people on board can only be good, Murray going to be given help identifying players  appears our budget may also be increased slightly. Football and business people coming together to get processes, systems I'm place to hopefully make us more streamline but generate revenue. I know nothing about Riuradh Kilgour!!

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I know nothing about Riuradh Kilgour!!

He set up an online ticketing website during lockdown.

It enabled fans to purchase virtual tickets which were a donation to the club to assist with finances.

This spread to include other clubs throughout Scotland.

26 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The problem with the Hybrid model is training time for the part-timers overlaps with other uses for the pitch as Starks Park. Back when we were hybrid recently, it was barely hybrid, with only two or three part-timers. I can’t see us going back to any part-time players simply because it would disrupt revenue from the pitch…although with the new “owners” not being invested in the Park…hummmm…

Apart from disrupting revenue from the pitch, the other issue is that it was mentioned before about the difficulty in attracting full-time players to train on a Tuesday and Thursday night.

21 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

It enabled fans to purchase virtual tickets which were a donation to the club to assist with finances.

He was also behind the retro Copa tops the club sold which I believe together made around £30K of profit for the club.

4 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Surely if your fans had a perspective where you saw yourself as a solid championship club, with the aim of growing, it would be healthier?

This is pretty much my view already. Have spent enough years watching Rovers to know that playing in the top league isn’t the norm for us. It feels as much a one off as the League Cup win if we’re being honest. We’ve been close a couple of times since but we’ve also crashed into League One more often.  

2 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Always thought you were his brother 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Having now listened to this, I'd agree with the recommendation that others do too. It's a lengthy discussion on both the AGM and then the proposed investment, with a fair bit of insight on both (particularly the investment) that I haven't seen or heard elsewhere. 

Graeme Kilgour reveals his obvious conflict of interest because his brother is part of the "consortium", but it is reassuring to a fair degree, albeit a good bit of trepidation remains. 

For anyone interested, you can hear it here

Tell me his brother isnt the unionist troll that owns care homes.

My tuppence worth. 

If someone is willing to invest money into Raith Rovers then good luck to them, I really don't care too much about their background as long as the current incumbents do due diligence.  Thankfully on that front silverbear were kicked into touch for being an obvious bunch of scheisters. From what it seems the consortium involved have taken Kelty as far as they can but are setting their sight higher, I really couldn't care if even someone like Jim Leishman was involved as long as it was for the benefit of Raith Rovers FC. We all know the club needs money ploughed in and yes it wouldn't great to be cannon fodder to the arse cheeks but the top flight is where the cash is. That said I just want my club to live within their means and not chase the dream but if Ross County and Livingston can do it then why can't we ? Yeah I know all about Livi's admins but to survive in the current climate we need to be in the top tier surely  ? Even if that means we take a couple of walloping's now and again

Edited by keyser_soze

I like the Championship. The League One years aren’t great but I realise we’re more likely to end up there again than the Premiership. 

No matter what league we’re in, it’s approx. 15 games a season for me. 

Hail to our new Kelty overlords.

On 15/04/2023 at 20:43, Ro Sham Bo said:

I would be willing to bet that Barrowman only got the job of 'brand manager' because he has a few contacts at clubs, not because of any professional expertise on his part. 

Explain exactly how this will help us sell more shirts? What use will his contacts throughout football be to us in that scenario? 

The guy should be nowhere near our club. 

If he can improve our current club shop/online shop and the stuff that is on offer then that would be a success. Our club shop and offerings have been embarrassing for a number of years and is an unfulfilled source of income. 

On 15/04/2023 at 20:43, Ro Sham Bo said:

I would be willing to bet that Barrowman only got the job of 'brand manager' because he has a few contacts at clubs, not because of any professional expertise on his part. 

Explain exactly how this will help us sell more shirts? What use will his contacts throughout football be to us in that scenario? 

The guy should be nowhere near our club. 

Tbf to Barrowman he went to Uni and got a degree in that line of work, since Joma he's been GM of the soccer shop? Direct aswell as working as the DoF at Kelty. 

He seems to have his finger on the pulse and by every account I've heard, a good knowledgeable guy. 

On 15/04/2023 at 15:15, leomessi1984 said:

Wow...absolutely seething. I'm not sure where to start with this utter crap either.

We spent to get up & we spent to build an infrastructure. We won't go any further but we'll for sure be stable now given the foundations laid. That's down to Dean's great work.

Embrace the change Ro "Sham" Bo...you might find it refreshing.

RSB has many issues with Raith Rovers, his own club, so dont worry. :)

Having had a visit or two to Kelty in the recent past I can cofirm I was impressed with the whole setup, considering very recently KH were playing non league football.  Felt like a REAL football stadium too (like Starks used to be).  Also KH have a proper income from non SPFL use of the facilities which we can only dream of.

I reckon the Kelty 'village idiots' will come in and turn everything on its head at Starks and get things run the way they should be.  Hope Kelty dont end up falling back out of the league as a result though.

57 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Tbf to Barrowman he went to Uni and got a degree in that line of work, since Joma he's been GM of the soccer shop? Direct aswell as working as the DoF at Kelty. 

He seems to have his finger on the pulse and by every account I've heard, a good knowledgeable guy. 

That's interesting, Grant, but I'm afraid that due to your association with Dunfermline Athletic, we'll be disregarding it altogether.