The New Raith Rovers Thread

Championship could look belting next season.

Dundee Utd incoming with Pars & Falkirk.

Out goes QP, Hamilton & Cove. 

You'd imagine our average gate will increase 500+ on the season if that was the change in teams for next season. 

1 hour ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

You'd imagine our average gate will increase 500+ on the season if that was the change in teams for next season. 

Best guess is a 30%+ gate increase across the League. For us, that an easy 600 extra. I would actually expect more with Falkirk and Falkirk being easily much more attractive (and attended) than Cove and Accies, and then DU adds a very nice boost.

18 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

20 votes and always for someone who scored a goal, never based on an overall performance. Scott Brown should be head and shoulders above most every week but never gets the vote.

The player of the year for me. And should be de facto club captain. Matthews is training again thankfully, but should be nowhere near the Captaincy

10 hours ago, pub car king said:

Well arbroath have chucked the cat amongst the pigeons tonight. 

See what I mean about fighting for their very lives to stay in the league. Okay we have games in hand. If we play like we did on Sunday in those games it ain’t gonna be pretty

48 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

See what I mean about fighting for their very lives to stay in the league. Okay we have games in hand. If we play like we did on Sunday in those games it ain’t gonna be pretty

if we play like we did second half and control the ball as much as we did we'll be absolutely fine. Our struggle on Sunday was breaking down 9 men packed into their box defending a 1-0 lead, we're not coming up against that every game as teams need points as much as we do and we'll create chances, we need our players, whoever it may be, to take them.

53 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

The player of the year for me. And should be de facto club captain. Matthews is training again thankfully, but should be nowhere near the Captaincy

I don't disagree with the first part of your post, but why do you think Matthews should be nowhere near the captaincy? An excellent player for the club who has struggled with injury this year and has been missed at times when we could do with freshening it up in the middle of the pitch.

Edited by CountryBumpkin

5 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

if we play like we did second half and control the ball as much as we did we'll be absolutely fine. Our struggle on Sunday was breaking down 9 men packed into their box defending a 1-0 lead, we're not coming up against that every game as teams need points as much as we do and we'll create chances, we need our players, whoever it may be, to take them.

I don't disagree with the first part of your post, but why do you think Matthews should be nowhere near the captaincy? An excellent player for the club who has struggled with injury this year and has been missed at times when we could do with freshening it up in the middle of the pitch.

I just thinks a little unfair on Brown, he has totally commanded the position all season. Maybe Matthews for me has been injured quite a lot. Since he’s been out all season we’ll hopefully see the best of him next season. 

We're still 7 points ahead of them. They've got 6 games left. 

They'll need to win 3 of their last 6 to overtake us, even if we pick up no more points this season. 

It's not happening. And there is no point getting too hung up on Sunday either. It's just one of plenty of games we've not been good enough in. Luckily we've also had a similar number of matches where we've looked like a very good team. There's nothing to suggest we won't continue that way until the end of the season. 

12 hours ago, pub car king said:

Well arbroath have chucked the cat amongst the pigeons tonight. 

Certainly has, that one man Ayr team are more catchable now.

*edited to say, one man team when playing against the 8 other teams in the league* 

Edited by Beastie Russell

35 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:

What time do the turnstiles close at? Got a mate who won't make it till about 3.20 but not sure if he will get in or not

Hed get in a half time, the smoking area is outside.

14 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Mental that so many people seem to think that Falkirk will be in the championship next season 😂 

Still early doors yet as we've only really seen him in a couple of games, but if Scott McGill continues to play like he did today and against Cove, I'd definitely be up for us having a chat about him coming back here next season.

Had a look at last season's final table and we need 9 points from our last 7 matches to equal our points total from last season. 

We have also scored just 3 goals less with 7 matches still to go. 

Some tough fixtures ahead for us in these last 7 matches but if we can get up to that 50 points mark that will be a very creditable first season for Murray. 

Biggest moment in the game for me was the penalty miss. It galvanised us and deflated Queens a bit. Normally away teams come flying out the blocks after half time. Today that didn’t happen. The game management from the team overall today was excellent. Throughly deserved 3 points, and a good boost after last weeks disappointment. 

2 hours ago, Kuma Power said:

Still early doors yet as we've only really seen him in a couple of games, but if Scott McGill continues to play like he did today and against Cove, I'd definitely be up for us having a chat about him coming back here next season.

He out of contract in June, and there’s no word on if Hearts have issued a qualified offer to retain development fee rights yet. Interesting, but I’d be shocked if they let him go…however, another year at this level would do wonders for his development if he got first team time assured.