The New Raith Rovers Thread

22 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

They were comfortably the better team while it was 11 v 11. 

Always the same eh, Rovers fans come out in force, The Rovers didn’t turn up. Same auld Rovers, that’s why we love them🤣

On 27/03/2023 at 16:27, CALDERON said:

Arbroath, Hamilton and Cove are where they are for a reason.  One of those sides were beaten 6-1 by the very Rovers side you chastise do much.

Yesterday was not good, but that doesn't mean that these sides ate going to overturn a 10 point plus gap ffs.

Chastise!!!!!, I think you need to calm down. Go through my posts and show me where I’ve chastised the team. I’ve been for the most part positive about a team in a transitional season. I was absolutely gutted that we took a massive support to only be let down by the team not turning up. I was merely emotional like a lot of Raith Rovers fans. Sorry I don’t have a heho attitude to defeat. 

On 17/12/2022 at 16:42, baillieinleeds said:

This is a relegation season. Hardly a transition season. We have a mindless drone for a manager. 

On 17/12/2022 at 18:56, baillieinleeds said:

This Transition season hasn’t worked out the way we thought. 

On 03/12/2022 at 16:41, baillieinleeds said:

Of let’s just accept it. We are in a transition season blah fucking blah🥱🥱

7 hours ago, basher brash said:

however I’m confident he will be already speaking to potential new strikers .

If that Gallagher from Airdrie is available or the boy from Edinburgh Robertson then those won’t be bad shouts one he’s worked with and one that has potential 

14 hours ago, basher brash said:

The flare that was thrown at Ibrox actually hit an elderly supporter in the face , The same group that were breaking seats at Falkirk and the same group that were causing grief down the links The same group that damaged our own seats in the south stand which the fans rep shared on Twitter ,  Don’t get me wrong it’s been great that they are supporting the club and backing the team however at the moment there’s an element within that group who are basically ultras out to cause damage and trouble . 

Well put your big boy pants on and go and speak to them, folk are quick to put the boot in online but have heehaw cojones to actually either give them an earful or speak to a steward/plod (for as much good as that would do anyway). Whatever's happened at the Falkirk Stadium has only appeared on here, there's been no article shared by either Falkirk or Rovers about any damage, no pictures floating about online. It was on Twitter a few weeks back that the club were trying to speak to some of them regarding arranging a dedicated section for them at Starks. Perhaps they could have a sit down chat with them to remind them of what's acceptable and what's not rather than just tar them all with the same brush and drive, what is essentially the only set of folks that create any form of atmosphere at games, away forever. I don't see flares/smokebombs going away anytime soon, there's been a severe laxed policing to this all over the country as of late and clearly folk are either not being searched or they are easily concealed upon entering the ground. Christ Rangers and Celtic can get in with fooking fireworks ffs. 

7 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

If that Gallagher from Airdrie is available or the boy from Edinburgh Robertson then those won’t be bad shouts one he’s worked with and one that has potential 

Robertson would be a good player if he gets his head on straight. 

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

It was on Twitter a few weeks back that the club were trying to speak to some of them regarding arranging a dedicated section for them at Starks. 

EC7016AA-4091-4031-AB67-3D0A7493D8FE.thumb.jpeg.5d803f10441f4faa9d4696cb7d76ba21.jpeg

10 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Gal is part time with Airdrie got a decent full time job in Glasgow area that he probably won't give up, can't really see him going elsewhere unless there offering part time wages higher than us.

5 hours ago, Raithie said:

Well put your big boy pants on and go and speak to them, folk are quick to put the boot in online but have heehaw cojones to actually either give them an earful or speak to a steward/plod (for as much good as that would do anyway). Whatever's happened at the Falkirk Stadium has only appeared on here, there's been no article shared by either Falkirk or Rovers about any damage, no pictures floating about online. It was on Twitter a few weeks back that the club were trying to speak to some of them regarding arranging a dedicated section for them at Starks. Perhaps they could have a sit down chat with them to remind them of what's acceptable and what's not rather than just tar them all with the same brush and drive, what is essentially the only set of folks that create any form of atmosphere at games, away forever. I don't see flares/smokebombs going away anytime soon, there's been a severe laxed policing to this all over the country as of late and clearly folk are either not being searched or they are easily concealed upon entering the ground. Christ Rangers and Celtic can get in with fooking fireworks ffs. 

To be fair, if the Police, Stewards or the club aren't intervening then it shouldn't really be left up to other fans.  The club made a point of warning about it before the Motherwell game, and warning that the appropriate searches would be in place - and they obviously weren't.

I don't have a problem with the smoke bombs as a general point - if they are let off in the open as part of a dedicated singing section or similar (which did happen on Sunday also, and looked pretty cool tbh).  Or even at the back of the South Stand, where its still outside and generally in amongst the unofficial singing section so to speak. 

However, in recent weeks we have seen one lobbed onto the pitch as the linesman was checking the nets, one lobbed randomly into the away end at Ibrox, and one let off in a really cramped/crowded enclosure at the same game.  That isn't good.  Obviously these things are highly explosive or anything, but at best it really isn't inconsiderate to other fans.  I can't imagine it would be fun having asthma or similar, and walking through that concourse for example.  Or if the one had ended up hitting the linesman, it would have caused a lot of bother for the club.  

Wasn't in that stand on Sunday so can't comment on broken seats, but there were photo's on twitter of broken seats towards the back of the South Stand a few weeks ago - so it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

At the end of the day, it could cost the club money it can ill afford.  I get that it happens at Rangers and Celtic, but they will get away with it. They always do, and always will - and it will be the smaller clubs who get made an example out of. 

5 hours ago, Raithie said:

Well put your big boy pants on and go and speak to them, folk are quick to put the boot in online but have heehaw cojones to actually either give them an earful or speak to a steward/plod (for as much good as that would do anyway).

I was considering suggesting this in my comment, but one person confronting a group is asking for trouble.. To be honest, pictures of the offenders, and a report, is the real solution.

8 hours ago, Raithie said:

This

5 hours ago, Enigma said:

EC7016AA-4091-4031-AB67-3D0A7493D8FE.thumb.jpeg.5d803f10441f4faa9d4696cb7d76ba21.jpeg

Nice pen for all the moaning/touchy hoors on here TBF

On 28/03/2023 at 17:01, SirJimmyofNic said:

All the more reason that these mindless halfwits have to be identified and made an example of, flares, smokebombs and wanton vandalism have no place in the Rovers Family never mind in football 

On 28/03/2023 at 18:21, TxRover said:

If they don’t get identified, they will cause more issues going forward. We have to help police this ourselves, and anyone knowing any of the these halfwits would do well to identify them to the Club and/or police.

12 hours ago, Raithie said:

6 hours ago, CALDERON said:

To be fair, if the Police, Stewards or the club aren't intervening then it shouldn't really be left up to other fans.  The club made a point of warning about it before the Motherwell game, and warning that the appropriate searches would be in place - and they obviously weren't.

I don't have a problem with the smoke bombs as a general point - if they are let off in the open as part of a dedicated singing section or similar (which did happen on Sunday also, and looked pretty cool tbh).  Or even at the back of the South Stand, where its still outside and generally in amongst the unofficial singing section so to speak. 

However, in recent weeks we have seen one lobbed onto the pitch as the linesman was checking the nets, one lobbed randomly into the away end at Ibrox, and one let off in a really cramped/crowded enclosure at the same game.  That isn't good.  Obviously these things are highly explosive or anything, but at best it really isn't inconsiderate to other fans.  I can't imagine it would be fun having asthma or similar, and walking through that concourse for example.  Or if the one had ended up hitting the linesman, it would have caused a lot of bother for the club.  

Wasn't in that stand on Sunday so can't comment on broken seats, but there were photo's on twitter of broken seats towards the back of the South Stand a few weeks ago - so it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

At the end of the day, it could cost the club money it can ill afford.  I get that it happens at Rangers and Celtic, but they will get away with it. They always do, and always will - and it will be the smaller clubs who get made an example out of. 

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

I was considering suggesting this in my comment, but one person confronting a group is asking for trouble.. To be honest, pictures of the offenders, and a report, is the real solution.

When I see these comments, my first thought is ‘what is the point of the stewards?’

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

When I see these comments, my first thought is ‘what is the point of the stewards?’

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Precisely and really, are they worth the cost for doing nowt except show you where to sit

On the rare occasion there is an incident in the stands, they can be critical to getting a quick medical response there and in the right place. In terms of policing, it certainly seems they are failing to identify the perpetrators for the police or the club to act. But, as they say, you get what you pay for. You want stewards willing to wade in and take action, you want to hire off-duty police and the likes, and equip them appropriately…but I suspect that’s well above the financial reach of 90%+ of clubs.

2 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

If some are that upset with them,bring it to the attention of the stewards,police or contact the club,SFA,SPFL,local MP,hamza yousaf,rishi sounak or the manufacturer of the Pyro,s

Or the thickwit kids could just follow the request of the club and not bring them in the first place. That seems like the sensible solution.