The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Get this negativity to f*ck. 

Even if they beat us in the head-to-head they’ll be 7 points behind. 

Do you really think they’ll manage 8 points more from their 6 remaining matches than we’ll manage from our 7 remaining?

They've not even managed to average a point per game this season and you’re worried about them averaging nearly 1.5points per game MORE than us until the end of the season? 
It’s such a ridiculous statement that I can’t quite believe I’m replying to it but I’ve typed it now so may as well post it….

Arbroath also have a GD that is 17 worse.  

6 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Get this negativity to f*ck. 

Even if they beat us in the head-to-head they’ll be 7 points behind. 

Do you really think they’ll manage 8 points more from their 6 remaining matches than we’ll manage from our 7 remaining?

They've not even managed to average a point per game this season and you’re worried about them averaging nearly 1.5points per game MORE than us until the end of the season? 
It’s such a ridiculous statement that I can’t quite believe I’m replying to it but I’ve typed it now so may as well post it….

Apologies. I was being a bit tongue in cheek. The goal difference advantage should be enough to keep us safe...

To be serious for a moment,  it could be a bit of a morale blow for Accies ahead of the final so might well work in our favour. 

On 22/03/2023 at 21:14, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's cup final week, no room for negativity on this thread this week... 

5 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

You are forgiven- but there’s no place for negativity (even tongue-in-cheek) on cup final weekend!

Yes. I should've taken my own advice. 

Two really good interviews from Raith TV with the manager and the captain. 
Scott Brown especially came across really well, seems like exactly the type of guy you want as club captain. 
In the last few years it’s felt like we just have a good bunch of likeable characters who you really want to do well- that good feeling waned a bit at the start of last year but I feel like we’re back to the point where each and every player is the type you want to have representing our wee local team. 

Proud to be a Rover right now, let’s hope we’re even more proud tomorrow. 

8 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

To be serious for a moment,  it could be a bit of a morale blow for Accies ahead of the final so might well work in our favour. 

I actually was thinking the same thing, although the Cove result would be a bit calming…they have two games in hand over Cove, while only being one point back with a 9 GD advantage. Hopefully the Accies are mentally focused upon the League.

If there's a team screwed by last night's Arbroath result, it's Cove. Hamilton have two games in hand and they're only a point behind. Hartley could very well cement his status as the season's worst managerial appointment. 

6 hours ago, Michael W said:

If there's a team screwed by last night's Arbroath result, it's Cove. Hamilton have two games in hand and they're only a point behind. Hartley could very well cement his status as the season's worst managerial appointment. 

In two countries at that. 

Just watched the Scott Brown interview, brilliant outlook and we all know he is absolutely pivotal in that engine room alongside Spencer. Ross Matthews is a great servant to the club. But Broony has to be the de facto club Captain. That’s just my opinion. 

That’s actually a really interesting point. This year we have Matthews as Club Captain and Brown helping as Team Captain. I would agree that Brown has more than proven suitable to be the Club Captain or Team Captain going forward, but will IM we willing to change Matthews out of the Team Captain’s role he assigned him, I doubt it.

That was a 90 minute exercise in choosing the wrong decision at every opportunity whilst also giving them a 60 min head start. Until the sending off we weren't even close to being properly in the game. 

Worst I've seen Spencer play in a long time, Brown as always kept going but every time he got the ball he killed all the momentum we were trying to build up. Easton again tried to make space when a pass would be fine and Vaughan just isn't the player he was (not unexpected after 4 knee injuries), no pace and decided to throw himself to the floor when he could have taken a shot, get that right in the bin. 

Speaking of going right in the bin, Isma can climb on in, awful, awful player.