The New Raith Rovers Thread

44 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Had also heard rumblings that Sim wants to still be on the board. That’s a recipe for disaster. Best for all if it’s a clean break and a fresh start.

Heard he is also going to retain stadium ownership. Another potential for disaster. If people fear him screwing over the club now, once he’s an absentee landlord sitting in Thailand far from public opinion and no longer caring then that risks goes up massively. 

The Board issue is manageable, the SPP issue isn’t. If he’s unwilling to sink enough money into the Stadium now, why would he later? Perhaps the two are intertwined in that he may want the Board position to block movement from SP?

Its Rovers, we should just relax and wait for the next set if unfortunate events. Its what we do.

We are not going to get a Ryan Reynolds instead it will be the wrong people at the wrong time, a miss mash of conflicting structures and continued muddling on.

Around RtR I recall  being told due diligence failed to the result of Sim not just being Guarantor but also stadium owner. So rather than the club paying the loan and retaining the stadium they are paying off Sims mortgage. Will he gift stadium ownership....cant see it to be fair its a leaky old ship he has the keys for

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

Had also heard rumblings that Sim wants to still be on the board. That’s a recipe for disaster. Best for all if it’s a clean break and a fresh start.

Heard he is also going to retain stadium ownership. Another potential for disaster. If people fear him screwing over the club now, once he’s an absentee landlord sitting in Thailand far from public opinion and no longer caring then that risks goes up massively. 

The second part of this is a huge problem if it is true. The current situation with stadium ownership is bad, but is somewhat tolerable given it's owned by the same person who owns the club. It is still robbing Peter to pay Paul, but unless John Sim manages to fall out with himself, it removes some of the tensions that may arise from a more traditional Landlord/Tenant relationship. Costs come of of Sim's pocket (or more accurately one of his companies' pocket) in any case; that won't be the same if the club is sold and Sim holds the stadium. For example, that seemingly large repairs bill that is on the horizon could be a flash point, as we all know what usually happens when the Landlord has to conduct substantial repairs. 

Only a total idiot would buy the club and not the stadium - it will decimate the club's income and make the task of stabilising  the club far more difficult. And probably forget about moving elsewhere when the rent bill is eating up the club's resources. 

52 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Luke Mahady out on loan to Gala Fairydean for rest of season.

Find this a strange decision at this time when Murray is moaning about us being thin on the ground player wise

As for any buy out.It doesn,t surprise me there is nothing happening on this as Sim comes across a someone difficult to deal with and like others I dont think hes looking for a clean break and wants to keep his finger in the pie so to speak

25 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Find this a strange decision at this time when Murray is moaning about us being thin on the ground player wise

As for any buy out.It doesn,t surprise me there is nothing happening on this as Sim comes across a someone difficult to deal with and like others I dont think hes looking for a clean break and wants to keep his finger in the pie so to speak

Hardly a strange decision he just is no where near good enough.

4 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

I'm not sure what the rental agreement is but if it isn't too binding, the club would be well within their rights to ground share elsewhere. 

I'm sure John Sim would want to maximise the potential on his asset so I don't think there would be any difficulties there.

I could also be way off the mark. Who knows? 

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

You dont ship out players when/if your struggling to fill a bench never mind a team.

We'd likely play Robbie Thompson up top before Luke Mahady. Bear in mind, he was behind John Frederiksen....

52 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Looks like we might stay up after all then....

Now for the question of do we start Thomson in the cup to rest MacDonald, who took a sore one early, but looked fine otherwise today.

47 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Now for the question of do we start Thomson in the cup to rest MacDonald, who took a sore one early, but looked fine otherwise today.

You play your strongest team in a cup final, regardless of the perceived diddyness of the cup. 

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

No, no we don't. 

I know what you’re saying, but RaithTV mentioned he’s been carrying a nick, and he looked in genuine discomfort for a bit after that first save. Playing your best is fine, but if you might lose them for several games by playing them, you have to think it over.

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I know what you’re saying, but RaithTV mentioned he’s been carrying a nick, and he looked in genuine discomfort for a bit after that first save. Playing your best is fine, but if you might lose them for several games by playing them, you have to think it over.

If he was toiling he'd have been hooked at half time. 

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Ordinarily I would agree, but the final next week is the biggest game left this season by a mile. We are finishing no worse than 7th in the league so if someone misses a couple of league games as a result of playing in the final, so be it.

10 minutes ago, Raithie said:

If he was toiling he'd have been hooked at half time. 

RaithTV did note that Thomson was gloved up after the half, but that MacDonald returned…just saying…

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Ordinarily I would agree, but the final next week is the biggest game left this season by a mile. We are finishing no worse than 7th in the league so if someone misses a couple of league games as a result of playing in the final, so be it.

I understand, but if he’s hurting, it’s his decision if he’s ready to play…and he’ll want to start, but he’s also enough of a professional to make the correct call. I’m just noting we might see a change, not suggesting it will happen.