The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

No.

Look, I fully understand why Raith fans might be annoyed if they can't get tickets whilst there are unused tickets in the Hamilton end. However that annoyance should be directed at the SPFL for deciding on a 50/50 split with the initial allocations rather than at Hamilton for not helping you 

Awful logic, I would rather an empty seat than a supporter be present. Have faith in your team and respect for people who are motivated to attend.

At the end of the day the financial argument isn't what motivates my views. The fact that people like me who happen to wear a different colour card are locked out needlessly isn't right. 

12 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Awful logic, I would rather an empty seat than a supporter be present. Have faith in your team and respect for people who are motivated to attend.

At the end of the day the financial argument isn't what motivates my views. The fact that people like me who happen to wear a different colour card are locked out needlessly isn't right. 

Take it up with the SPFL then.

Hamilton haven't done anything wrong.

34 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Bumped into one of the office ladies last night, she was saying it's about 200 additional tickets we're getting.

To be honest I suspect this will end up being just about enough and the rest of the argument is needless. I’m pretty surprised by the numbers we’re taking. 

Hamilton are entitled to half the ground, it’s a cup final. The SPFL should probably have told both clubs to either sell one stand at a time, or to sell the Main Stand from the end sections in. But we weren’t exactly looking at an Old Firm at Hampden scenario where we’d snap up thousands of unused tickets. Lessons learned, you’d hope, and presumably any Rovers fans locked out will be be in the double figures at an absolute maximum. 

12 minutes ago, Paco said:

To be honest I suspect this will end up being just about enough and the rest of the argument is needless. I’m pretty surprised by the numbers we’re taking. 

Hamilton are entitled to half the ground, it’s a cup final. The SPFL should probably have told both clubs to either sell one stand at a time, or to sell the Main Stand from the end sections in. But we weren’t exactly looking at an Old Firm at Hampden scenario where we’d snap up thousands of unused tickets. Lessons learned, you’d hope, and presumably any Rovers fans locked out will be be in the double figures at an absolute maximum. 

Agree with this, particulary the bit in bold. I think it just goes to show how detached some of the fans were in the lead up to the final last year in light of 'you know who'. Essentially we're 1000+ fans up from that final during a difficult financial period for a lot of people. Fair fucks to everyone. Hope it's a cracking day for everyone, particular the youngsters who have another chance to create memories. Diddy cup or not it was heartwarming to see the reaction of the younger generation of fans seeing their local club lift a cup last year and I hope they get the chance to see it again.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4228153/exclusive-raith-rovers-takeover-talks-break-down-consortium-john-sim/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Courier reporting that the talks between the local businessmen are off, but "the ball is in John Sim's court" if they are to be revived. 

Edited by Michael W

15 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I am stunned to find that John Sim, "the most arrogant man I've ever met", is a difficult man to negotiate with. 

This. Sim will be looking to screw every penny out of this deal. Think we’re stuck with him for longer than we’d hoped. Grim. 

4 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

This. Sim will be looking to screw every penny out of this deal. Think we’re stuck with him for longer than we’d hoped. Grim. 

It's not a financial issue apparently. I'm sure I read Sim was looking to retain some sort of stake post takeover and I'm guessing that might be the issue. 

5 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

The article said that the stumbling block was not finance-related, which I would take to mean Sim still wants to be involved. 

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I wonder if the payday of a full house at Ibrox and a diddy cup final means that Sim will be a bit more demanding.

I remember Sim, way back in '06, talking about just playing the youth team in order to break even.

If he's decides enough is enough, then I wouldn't bet against him pushing for a similar cheap as chips setup if he ends up hanging around longer than he'd like to. This years cup run might delay that scenario a season.

1 hour ago, renton said:

A fundamental, non money related roadblock.

Great.

It could be down to future plans put forward by the consortium not being deemed acceptable, who really knows. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Or Mr Kelty is determined to make Kevin Thomson manager and Sim isn't having it...

That would be horrific in every way.