The New Raith Rovers Thread

Most folk I know planning on going to support Accies haven't been able to even get to buy a ticket due to the restrictive hours of the Ticket Office,lack of information/Publicity by the club and the hoops they have to jump through.

I always thought Rovers would sell quick simply due to their great record in this Cup and the fact Raith fans would have picked up tickets for both The Rangers game and The Final.

The fact The Accies hierarchy, eg McGowan have produced more Publicity and easier access in buying Tickets for a River City night at the ground sums up what we are up against.

14 hours ago, TxRover said:

The really crazy thing is why doesn’t Hamilton call up the SFA and Raith and say, look, here’s 1,500 ticket we won’t move, sell them and we get more money.

Aside from segregation issues why should Hamilton look to give Raith Rovers as much of an advantage as possible?

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Aside from segregation issues why should Hamilton look to give Raith Rovers as much of an advantage as possible?

I actually agree with this. It’s a bit of an old firm attitude to say ‘Well they haven’t sold all their tickets yet so give them to us’.

I think in a cup final you should always look to sell as many tickets as possible (we only took one quarter of the ground against Rangers in the final) but I completely understand why Hamilton wouldn’t want to give up more than half of the ground and it would be hypocritical of me to suggest they should given my thoughts on this when the Old Firm look for similar.

Agree with that to a certain extent, but surely it wouldn’t have been too difficult to sell tickets starting with behind the goals, then move up the main stand once that was sold out? It’s actually shite for Accies fans as well. Surely you’d want all your fans to be bunched together for a better atmosphere instead of spread across two stands, one being a frankly cavernous and sparsely populated main? 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

My taken is I would want the maximum amount of fans to be present. Last year the decision to have no sales on the day of the final was silly.

Likewise last chance to buy Rangers tickets Friday at 1pm, a whole 2 days before the game.

It isn't beyond reasonable skill to start selling with a view to moving the segregation line to meet uptake.  Hat demands common sense which is in short supply.

The 50/50 split is great if tickets are sold. Otherwise you have forfeited any equitable attendance. As for giving away a crowd advantage...tough luck if you can't sell tickets. Every cup tie comes with a disparity on supporter numbers. 

I think that there should always be an opportunity for equal split, but in a way that if it becomes obvious that this won't be achieved, extra tickets can be released.  It wouldn't be the wildest take to have given Hamilton the stand behind the goal, then to re asses as we get closer to the time.

If there are empty seats that could have been sold, it's a bit shit tbh when most clubs at this level are desperate to increase attendances.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

I think that there should always be an opportunity for equal split, but in a way that if it becomes obvious that this won't be achieved, extra tickets can be released.  It wouldn't be the wildest take to have given Hamilton the stand behind the goal, then to re asses as we get closer to the time.

If there are empty seats that could have been sold, it's a bit shit tbh when most clubs at this level are desperate to increase attendances.

That’s a fair take, and the problems buying Accies end tickets is pretty stupid and might account for a decent number of no sales yet. However, while it’s nice to balance attendance, you also have to try to maximize attendance for the benefit of both sides. While you can argue about advantage with a disproportionate crowd, does that mean that when we play X we should be restricted to that many fans as well…or vice versa?

Hamilton needs to join the twenty-first century and offer online purchase of tickets, and one week out, tickets should be offered openly for unsold sections, and the ticket sales plan should have mostly filled congruent sections before moving onto making new areas available. At TFS, selling the ends completely to one teams fans, and then allowing spillover demand into a section at a time in the main stand isn’t ideal, but it works.

TBF, segregation for this match in the West stand is pretty pointless, as there is no recent record of problems between the fans (plus, with alcohol (as always) prohibited, and fans having to navigate to an unfamiliar locale, a truly pished fan base in the stand is quite unlikely). Just block a section for the rowdies in the ends, and sell it out.

If both stands were options to choose tickets for when tickets went on sale (which I'm led to believe they were) - and using the main stand as an example - then offering tickets for both fans starting at blocks at the far end and working towards the middle would be the more logical idea with any left over empty sections being freed up for additional ticket sales if there was demand for it for either fan base. Maybe that's how it's worked? As it stands we have no idea how many of these additional tickets we've been given - 100, 500...50?? Either way hopefully everyone that needs/wants a ticket gets one. It's mental to think in an 8000 capacity stadium there is potentially fans that could miss out.

Hamilton's telephone sales (which involves emailing someone for them to call you back to get your payment details) stops on 21st March as they are only offering tickets being posted out using this method should give a decent indication on what their sales will look like. They'll still be looking to shift some tickets on Saturday but only AFTER their game. Imagine going to the game with the intention of buying a ticket and getting horsed (hypothetical) to then decide 'f**k that, am no gawn after that performance'. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Hamilton needs to join the twenty-first century and offer online purchase of tickets

Hamilton do offer this, though. You can buy tickets online to games at NDP, add them to your Google Wallet, and have the QR code scanned at the turnstile.

It's not Hamilton's fault that TFS does not have the same technology.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Hamilton needs to join the twenty-first century and offer online purchase of tickets, and one week out, tickets should be offered openly for unsold sections, and the ticket sales plan should have mostly filled congruent sections before moving onto making new areas available. At TFS, selling the ends completely to one teams fans, and then allowing spillover demand into a section at a time in the main stand isn’t ideal, but it works.

Considering the rest of your paragraph is in relation to the cup final I'm confused by the highlighted part in bold. We didn't offer online ticket purchases either for this game.

38 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Considering the rest of your paragraph is in relation to the cup final I'm confused by the highlighted part in bold. We didn't offer online ticket purchases either for this game.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Hamilton do offer this, though. You can buy tickets online to games at NDP, add them to your Google Wallet, and have the QR code scanned at the turnstile.

It's not Hamilton's fault that TFS does not have the same technology.

43 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Aye, Hamilton’s online ticketing facility is the easiest one I’ve used in the whole league. About 3 clicks to buy a ticket. 

Mea culpa, I apparently misunderstood some complaints from Hamilton fans earlier this year.

14 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

I actually agree with this. It’s a bit of an old firm attitude to say ‘Well they haven’t sold all their tickets yet so give them to us’.

I think in a cup final you should always look to sell as many tickets as possible (we only took one quarter of the ground against Rangers in the final) but I completely understand why Hamilton wouldn’t want to give up more than half of the ground and it would be hypocritical of me to suggest they should given my thoughts on this when the Old Firm look for similar.

Have to disagree with you on it being in anyway comparable to the Old Firm attitude. The Old Firm “expect” to be given more than 50% of the tickets as they have more fans than other clubs. This is completely wrong as every final should offer both clubs a 50/50 split.  

However if a club cannot sell its allocation then the tickets should be offered to the other team as both clubs have been given the chance to sell their tickets to their own support. Obviously if one club or even both clubs are not certain to sell their entire allocation they should then sell them in sections allowing for an adjustment in segregation. 

If we were playing Rangers at Hampden I’d have absolutely no problems handing unsold sections back for them to sell rather than lock supporters out with empty seats. As long as we were offered our fair share to begin with and failed to sell them by an agreed date. 

16 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

If Hamilton can't sell seats, and Raith Rovers can, economics comes into play, the more tickets sold the more it benefits each team, in this case Hamilton.

12 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

If Hamilton can't sell seats, and Raith Rovers can, economics comes into play, the more tickets sold the more it benefits each team, in this case Hamilton.

Even assuming Raith sold an extra 1,000 tickets at £18 each, and 100% of the ticket price was split evenly among the clubs, that equates to an extra £9,000 for Hamilton.

Personally I'd rather see us have the best chance possible of winning the cup than voluntarily increase Raith's advantage for the sake of a few grand that, in the grand scheme of things, will make very little difference.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Even assuming Raith sold an extra 1,000 tickets at £18 each, and 100% of the ticket price was split evenly among the clubs, that equates to an extra £9,000 for Hamilton.

Personally I'd rather see us have the best chance possible of winning the cup than voluntarily increase Raith's advantage for the sake of a few grand that, in the grand scheme of things, will make very little difference.

What if we promise to sell the extra tickets to sweetie rustlers that won't make much noise, would this help?

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

What if we promise to sell the extra tickets to sweetie rustlers that won't make much noise, would this help?

No.

Look, I fully understand why Raith fans might be annoyed if they can't get tickets whilst there are unused tickets in the Hamilton end. However that annoyance should be directed at the SPFL for deciding on a 50/50 split with the initial allocations rather than at Hamilton for not helping you out.

18 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

No.

Look, I fully understand why Raith fans might be annoyed if they can't get tickets whilst there are unused tickets in the Hamilton end. However that annoyance should be directed at the SPFL for deciding on a 50/50 split with the initial allocations rather than at Hamilton for not helping you out.

There was once a time that people in charge of your club would have jumped at the chance of making a buck, they had principles, not good ones, but they stuck to their guns, much like yourself.