The New Raith Rovers Thread

The ground holds about 8000

I'd imagine Hamilton got the same allocation and I can't see the league needing a keep back 1000 for themselves.

So there is potential for more to be made availabe? 

Either way great work troops 

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Mind folk going mad at Murray for not keeping Musonda?

Considering how often McGlynn didn't play him last season he'd have been well up for that tonight and he's had an absolute 'mare. 

Falkirk and ICT are the two luckiest teams in the competition so it's fitting they are meeting in the semi final. 

In fairness,  there's were some absolutely ridiculous hot takes since Murray came in. It's only been in the last few month or so that I've finally had my mates acknowledge that Ross Millen isn't the bombscare they'd been slaughtering him for being. A couple of mistakes for sure,  but generally he's been a good addition to the squad. Every summer we have folk who come out with reactionary nonsense whether it's signing players from the league below,  players who are too young,  or players with past injuries. And yet when a player offers very little (Frederiksen) they're asking why he's not starting. Absolutely bewildering.

Declaring my unreserved jealousy with regards the semi draw. To possibly reach the SC final and not meet even a top Championship team incredible. 

The financial rewards do affect their strength for next season. Still we could be Ayr and fade out the cup with no cash bonus or Queens Park who have gubbed themselves. **I know the balls would have fell different but...you know the sentiment.

Cup ticket sales are great, tough one for regulars who took their eye off the ball. However the club have done well to service demand and its first come first served. 

16 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Mind folk going mad at Murray for not keeping Musonda?

Guilty of being very disappointed. He’s missed 15 of 36 possible matches and just had a nightmare…the nightmare is pretty much a one off, but seeing a CH you wanted pretty badly to stay play only 58% of the matches so far is a definite “whew” moment.

Seems wild that we are being told we aren’t getting anymore tickets when Hamilton obviously aren’t going to sell their end out. I know we’ve announced today that we have some more to sell but I don’t imagine it’s that many. There’s loads of Rovers fans who don’t have a ticket. Why have both clubs been given the same amount of tickets when we were always going to be able to sell more than Hamilton? 

Shambolic planning as per from the SPFL. 

If previous experience of buying tickets is anything to go by, I'd be wary of the "2 tickets per season tickets holder" rule being adhered to strictly - which won't help thing.

Have to admit, I was going to just leave it to this week to buy tickets until I saw someone post here saying there wasn't much left.

Edited by CALDERON

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Seems wild that we are being told we aren’t getting anymore tickets when Hamilton obviously aren’t going to sell their end out. I know we’ve announced today that we have some more to sell but I don’t imagine it’s that many. There’s loads of Rovers fans who don’t have a ticket. Why have both clubs been given the same amount of tickets when we were always going to be able to sell more than Hamilton? 

What's also annoying is that there's a clear difference in the marketing of the game. Rovers are obviously on the ball with the social media stuff, whereas Accies are an absolute state with a spew of posts about a youth cup final. While it's through no fault of their fans,  the common sense thing would've been to give Accies the North stand and keep the mid north end of the main stand unallocated so any spillover could be accounted for. 

17 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

What's also annoying is that there's a clear difference in the marketing of the game. Rovers are obviously on the ball with the social media stuff, whereas Accies are an absolute state with a spew of posts about a youth cup final. While it's through no fault of their fans,  the common sense thing would've been to give Accies the North stand and keep the mid north end of the main stand unallocated so any spillover could be accounted for. 

This season, Hamilton are averaging just under 1,400 per home match…and that’s skewed by a 4,731 vs Hearts. Drop Hearts, and it’s 1,212…exclude the three lowest totals (mostly cups and such), we get 1,327. That tells me the base attendance at Accies matches is probably in the 850 range.

Raith runs 1,924 this year…exclude Motherwell and it drops to 1,777…remove three lowest and we get back up to 1,955. I’d put our base attendance at around 1,500.

Our Motherwell draw was 4,436…the Accies pulled 4,731 for Hearts. Motherwell averages 5,800, while Hearts runs a very steady 18,000. That suggests that we should easily be able to move at least 2 tickets for every 1 the Accies sell, so that split idea, reserving an area for Accies initially that can be given to Raith if the Accies end doesn’t sell out a week before, is smart…too smart for the SFA.

The really crazy thing is why doesn’t Hamilton call up the SFA and Raith and say, look, here’s 1,500 ticket we won’t move, sell them and we get more money.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Ach, I wouldn’t worry about it. I’m sure anyone who misses out can get a ticket when you’re in the final again next season. 

As much as I think letting under 12s in free is a good thing in principle, this is where it can cause an issue.

You can have adults buying their own tickets,  getting an under 12s as well, then asking their neighbours if their kid wants to go. Kid decides he/ she doesn't fancy it, and the seat is left empty while someone else misses out.

12 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

As much as I think letting under 12s in free is a good thing in principle, this is where it can cause an issue.

You can have adults buying their own tickets,  getting an under 12s as well, then asking their neighbours if their kid wants to go. Kid decides he/ she doesn't fancy it, and the seat is left empty while someone else misses out.

872.jpeg.33504043c63f1c8993a03a97ceda1bcf.jpeg