The New Raith Rovers Thread

26 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Hes out for the Cove game on Saturday then, that gives young Masson another crack at RB, he did well there today

Perhaps, he confirmed he came off with tightness in the hammy…we’ll have to see how he responds tomorrow and Tuesday. As it stands, it’s worst case possible we face Cove without Brown, Masson and Millen. With Ngwenya gone, that means last gasp lineup is Dick/Nolan/Lang/Young and no reserve. It sounds like Masson is probably OK, and we think Brown might be back, so we’ll see.

10 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Good luck to Raith today!

On the takeover, my understanding is it's a done deal and there will be no dual ownership concerns with Kelty. There will still be some form of stake/ownership with us but someone else at the helm basically.

You could be right and telling the truth but I’ll wait until it’s confirmed on our side about the takeover because with us we can f**k up anything 

Just wanted to add today well done to our “young team” there’s a million and one things to criticise them for and we often do but today they were worthy of a mention.  I was right in front of them and they sang from well before the whistle until after full time. 👏 

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

Ian Murray’s post match interview was tremendous. Love his honesty and straight talking. If we have sold our allocation for the cup final that’s incredible. 

This is going to be our Seville, without the getting beat bit.

6 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

This is going to be our Seville, without the getting beat bit.

Once described the 94 League cup final to a Celtic fan I worked with as the equivalent of their Seville. Left a long pause before adding ‘the only difference being we won.’

3 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Once described the 94 League cup final to a Celtic fan I worked with as the equivalent of their Seville. Left a long pause before adding ‘the only difference being we won.’

As I gazed upon what is now the Sandy Jardine Stand today, I recalled the moment Scott Thomson saved the last penalty, I then went in for a hug with my mate and his wife only for me to clatter their heads together and give her a keeker.

Not my proudest moment, however I was forgiven.

19 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Ian Murray’s post match interview was tremendous. Love his honesty and straight talking. If we have sold our allocation for the cup final that’s incredible. 

Praised the interview on the match thread. The first answer is Yaaaas material, US and WE, togetherness, pride, I'm right on board. Our media bods just get it pitched right too. 

If you get the chance watch his pre match on via play media. Caught it while my mate was getting the pies in. Its great communication and he seems a genuine guy who likes being our manager.

Come on Sim get investment in and give him a squad. 

BTW f**k having Ibrox as your Saturday out. Home to KDY at half 6 from a 1pm kick off.  Caught big Nade crossing the road as our bus was passing the ground on the way home.  Big thumbs up from him went down well. 

35 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

He picks up on our woes from a year ago, tacitly*, and acknowledges that we are making strides for improvement.

*He knows fully the situation, but in doing so, buys into the club at every turn, finally giving the fans some positivity.

While we're out the cup, we've benefitted hugely from the four games we've played. Financially, it's an easy one to look at. But it definitely felt that the end of the Motherwell game saw us get back a unity which had been missing since after we beat Killie at home just before Christmas last season. 

The full squad put in a tremendous shift, in particular Adam Masson - last year he was doing exams, today he gave a great account of himself against Barasic and Kent.

As for Ibrox itself, it's an excellent stadium which felt completely soulless. You might as well have had about 5,000 folk in there. I get it's not a big game for their fans,  but it was like a theatre. It took until they went 2-0 up for someone to be bold enough to break into the Billy Boys, with the irony of the lounge "you'll know us by our noise". I've seen Ayr and Morton create better atmospheres. 

9 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

It really must be shite following Rangers. Imagine travelling from whatever small town in Scotland to sit in that. Fans leaving from 80 minutes onwards. Only caring about one other club who you’re absolutely miles behind at the moment. Grim. 

I was in conversation with a mate about this, mostly they sit or stand miserable as f**k and only react if they are denied what isn't a penalty or foul, other than that, the only thing that wipes misery of their pusses is a goal.

7 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

As for Ibrox itself, it's an excellent stadium which felt completely soulless. You might as well have had about 5,000 folk in there. I get it's not a big game for their fans,  but it was like a theatre. It took until they went 2-0 up for someone to be bold enough to break into the Billy Boys, with the irony of the lounge "you'll know us by our noise". I've seen Ayr and Morton create better atmospheres. 

Celtic Park is the same these days, FWIW, just everyone sitting waiting for the inevitable victory so they can go home.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Celtic Park is the same these days, FWIW, just everyone sitting waiting for the inevitable victory so they can go home.

Aye, my friend and I went there during the League Cup last season in the home end due to their rules over no away fans. It's pretty incredible when there's a misplaced pass which goes out of play and people absolutely lose the rag. There was a young lad sitting along from us saying in full seriousness "this is pathetic.  It's their biggest ever game and they've brought an away support like that". 

They're on a different planet and it's incredible how much they've got to peddle into political identity to rope folk in. As mentioned elsewhere,  their half time draw is called the Union Jackpot ffs. 

7 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Less than 100 tickets left for the final. Pleasantly surprised, well done 

Anyone know how many tickets we got? Given the capacity of the stadium I’m assuming around 3,500? Fantastic effort in just a few days of sales.