The New Raith Rovers Thread

Moving on from all the Seaside League nonsense above, does anyone know of any pubs running buses to the final on the 26th?

The buses organised by the club were fully booked pretty much immediately and the buses from the Novar and Dunnikier Golf club are also full.

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers-takeover-bid-business-29421673

Some more information on the proposed takeover.

Described as a ‘local Fife consortium’ and a mix of business and football people. Individuals within the group have links with another SPFL club, presumably these are the ‘football people’ rather than the business people having a stake in another club.

They are hoping to accelerate things over the coming weeks if greenlighted by Sim. Looking to buy out Sim’s controlling stake and Sim is keen to be some level of shareholding within the club.

Edited by R.R.FC

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

So what happened to the other consortium that was supposed to be in advanced talks to takeover the club, or was that just another smoke and mirrors story 

Same guys.

2 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

So what happened to the other consortium that was supposed to be in advanced talks to takeover the club, or was that just another smoke and mirrors story 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I would guess this is that consortium.

48 minutes ago, renton said:

Same guys.

Like SirJimmy, I read it as a “new” consortium in talks now, the old group having dropped out. The key phrase was have opened talks, which suggests recently…but who knows.

3 hours ago, Always next quarter said:

Really shows how wafer thin "journalism" is. An absolute non story on big John and hinting at the Kelty consortium that was the talk of the Novar 2 months ago. 

Perhaps that was the old group of this is a new group…

The good news is the team is managing to keep the leaks and rumours down, which is always better for getting the deal across the line.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Like SirJimmy, I read it as a “new” consortium in talks now, the old group having dropped out. The key phrase was have opened talks, which suggests recently…but who knows.

Perhaps that was the old group of this is a new group…

The good news is the team is managing to keep the leaks and rumours down, which is always better for getting the deal across the line.

It's the same guys. 

From Scottish consortium to a Fife consortium who are involved with Kelty Hearts, am I wrong in thinking that individuals who run another club cant own or run another club in the same country, or does that not apply in Scotland, are they then gonna pull the plug on Kelty ???  

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

From Scottish consortium to a Fife consortium who are involved with Kelty Hearts, am I wrong in thinking that individuals who run another club cant own or run another club in the same country, or does that not apply in Scotland, are they then gonna pull the plug on Kelty ???  

You can’t own two clubs in the same set up. 

52 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

49 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You can’t own two clubs in the same set up. 

You can’t own 3% or more, or have the ability to influence, SFA Article 13.