The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, buchan30 said:

I think Tuesdays win has got you over the line, can’t see any of Dunfermline or falkirk dropping points to to the bottom two. And even if Falkirk win the next game between you, it still only pulls them to within 5 points and they would need to 6/6 and hope that you lost at least 2. 

Aye, if I was looking at another team I'd had the race as over, however I'm sure everyone understands being pessimistic about your own team! 

Hopefully we do, be lovely to have the Fife Derby's back. 

On 08/03/2023 at 10:54, roverthemoon said:

The thing that last night reminded me of was Ayr celebrating at Stark’s Park when they beat us and ‘won’ the league.  Over the final fixtures we finally reeled them in and won the league at Hampden. Suspect that Dunfermline have more character than that Ayr side to let their lead slip, and Falkirk much less character than the side we had at the time to go on a run but you just never know…

We were celebrating winning a huge game (in context) - nothing more than that. Trust me, i've not read or heard one Pars fan saying the league is won & that's certainly not the view from the manager. 

23 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It's a local derby and a top of the table clash, of course there's going to be a massive crowd.  They aren't pulling that on a Tuesday night at home to Peterhead or Montrose.

As you're such an expert on our crowds, care to guess how our home crowds compare to say, a club like yourselves over the course of this current season?

You seem to have a right bee in your bunnet about the fact there were nearly 10,000 people at a 3rd tier midweek game. Not sure why you're so down on it. Surely the size of the crowd should be celebrated?

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Aye, if I was looking at another team I'd had the race as over, however I'm sure everyone understands being pessimistic about your own team! 

Hopefully we do, be lovely to have the Fife Derby's back. 

Yup.  As much as there is the banter etc if the Pars blew it, realistically and financially we will always be better off with the Fife derbies, games against that lot in Falkirk, and obviously 'bigger' teams coming down to the Champ.

19 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Broadly agree, but it does if Nolan/Lang/Dick get injured. We are not blessed with defensive options. 

No, this is true. Call me a pessimist but I don't think it really matters how we line up, is likely more just a case of hoping Rangers stop trying after the game is won...

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Is Sunday's game only on the extortion channel, Viaplay? 

Oh yes, absolutely.

And no doubt they'll have some mouth breather like Alex Rae to impart his wisdom.

Edited by Specky Ginger

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

As you're such an expert on our crowds, care to guess how our home crowds compare to say, a club like yourselves over the course of this current season?

You seem to have a right bee in your bunnet about the fact there were nearly 10,000 people at a 3rd tier midweek game. Not sure why you're so down on it. Surely the size of the crowd should be celebrated?

Your team clearly won the other night and look likely to come back up. You've been very quiet for months on our page and no doubt you'll be very vocal next season how you are such a big team and should be winning the league. Until then please piss off.

5 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Your team clearly won the other night and look likely to come back up. You've been very quiet for months on our page and no doubt you'll be very vocal next season how you are such a big team and should be winning the league. Until then please piss off.

Now, that's not very nice, is it?

3 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

We were celebrating winning a huge game (in context) - nothing more than that. Trust me, i've not read or heard one Pars fan saying the league is won & that's certainly not the view from the manager. 

Feels a little bit lap of honour like to me. Even Bene is dancing…

Fwiw, I think it’s pretty much over. Can’t see you chucking it from here. 

Edited by roverthemoon

Just now, roverthemoon said:

Feels a little bit lap of honour like to me. Even Bene is dancing…

Been at every home game this season bar one. Maybe not quite as exuberantly, but we do this "lap of honour" as you call it just about every week making sure the players approach the NW to show their appreciation.

Like I said, it was a famous win in an absolutely huge game in front of a massive crowd & the Pars fans loved every minute of it. I'm sure if the players knew it would cause such uproar on P&B & obviously result in us losing the league they would have had second thoughts. 

And, and....we did they same when we lost on corners in November

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Been at every home game this season bar one. Maybe not quite as exuberantly, but we do this "lap of honour" as you call it just about every week making sure the players approach the NW to show their appreciation.

Like I said, it was a famous win in an absolutely huge game in front of a massive crowd & the Pars fans loved every minute of it. I'm sure if the players knew it would cause such uproar on P&B & obviously result in us losing the league they would have had second thoughts. 

I only just became aware of McGlynn's corner count nonsense when I read McPake's comments after the match the other night. 

Even for a man who was prone to showing he was rattled in the odd post match interview for us, that was next level stuff. 

3 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

One random opinion on P&B hardly an uproar. Fair do’s if this is a regular thing. Can understand it the other night but seems a wee bit overkill for the other run of the mill league games, but then maybe I’m just not as used to winning along in Kirkcaldy! Will be good to have the derbies back next season (assuming we don’t go down of course) 

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

One random opinion on P&B hardly an uproar. Fair do’s if this is a regular thing. Can understand it the other night but seems a wee bit overkill for the other run of the mill league games, but then maybe I’m just not as used to winning along in Kirkcaldy! Will be good to have the derbies back next season (assuming we don’t go down of course

Yogi alert.

Edited by Paranoid
Love me for a reason, let the reason be love.