The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

This one was the eye opener…Queen’s with the easiest run in. On the other hand, we’re pretty locked between four places that pay close to the same, the “big” increase in income comes at 4th.

I think Queens Park have the "easiest" run in since they don't play any team above them! We (Pars) are the same in League One, where we're deemed to have the easiest run in and Falkirk a much harder one depite us all playing the same teams. We don't have to play the team at the top of the league though, Falkirk do (twice!). Nice wee diversion for 10 minutes though.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I think Queens Park have the "easiest" run in since they don't play any team above them! We (Pars) are the same in League One, where we're deemed to have the easiest run in and Falkirk a much harder one depite us all playing the same teams. We don't have to play the team at the top of the league though, Falkirk do (twice!). Nice wee diversion for 10 minutes though.

It definitely impacts the rating, especially as we’re down to nearly just once more through the league…it’ll be more useful in 5 weeks.

Watched the Jamie MacDonald interview earlier. Didn't realise the goalkeepers he played in the Scotland u21s with were Andy McNeil and Chris Smith. 

Chris Smith, of course, is remembered fondly for his contributions in Fife derbies. Andy McNeil on the other hand.... 

2 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Anyone know if there are supporters buses running to Ibrox?

“The club will also be running supporters’ buses to the match. These will be available to book from 1pm on Tuesday, 28th February by calling 01592263514 or visiting in person at the main office.

Busses will leave from the North Stand car park at 10.15am prompt so everyone must be on board by 10am.

Bus travel is £15 for the return journey.”

https://www.raithrovers.net/60270/scottish-cup-quarter-final.htm

Edited by TxRover

Good news if the buses are sold out. Wonder how many tickets we’ve sold. Would be great to have a decent away end up for it. Hopefully we get a few choruses of ‘who put the ball in the rangers net? Johnny Johnny Baird’.  Never gets old. Or we could borrow what Hearts fans sing to Hibs about the 5-1. ’When the Raith went up to lift the Ramsdens Cup… YOU were there, YOU were there.’  Regardless it’s a complete shot to nothing. Looking forward to it. 

Edited by roverthemoon

44 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Good news if the buses are sold out. Wonder how many tickets we’ve sold. Would be great to have a decent away end up for it. Hopefully we get a few choruses of ‘who put the ball in the rangers net? Johnny Johnny Baird’.  Never gets old. Or we could borrow what Hearts fans sing to Hibs about the 5-1. ’When the Raith went up to lift the Ramsdens Cup… YOU were there, YOU were there.’  Regardless it’s a complete shot to nothing. Looking forward to it. 

I thought the club might be pushing sales a bit more on social media than they seem to have been. When they've run campaigns to sell x amount of tickets at big games in the past it seems to have worked quite well. With cup final tickets on sale next week we need a big push to get as many as possible coming along. Maybe once the game today is out of the way it'll ramp up a bit. 

22 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

High risk for High reward sounds like a disaster waiting to happen :)

Weighing things up, I'm all for it. 

We should be safe from the relegation fight with 10 games to go so I hope we push the boat out a wee bit further with regards to turning draws into wins.

Edited by Ebanda's Handyman Services

Well that set of results were as bad as they could have been. 

Looks like the final round of games will be meaningless (Cup final aside) unless we seriously implode and get dragged into the wrong play offs. 

That was honestly the worst we've been all season. Obviously not having Brown or Matthews means a totally unbalanced midfield, and only having Akio fit to start up front was similarly an issue for trying to go long with it but f**k me, you can't even point to a single player and say they did alright.

The shape was fucked from the get go, but even allowing for that not a single player got anywhere near an acceptable level of performance.

13 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Probably saving themselves for Ibrox next week wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of players back for the cup game. 

Hopefully brown is one of them. We're going to need his dig in midfield if we hope to come out of the game without a terrible result imo. 

6 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Hopefully brown is one of them. We're going to need his dig in midfield if we hope to come out of the game without a terrible result imo. 

I hope so expect to get beat but don't want to be humiliated. Rangers will definitely get a penalty tho!

7 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I wouldn't be that hopeful from what I've heard.