The New Raith Rovers Thread

If you continue the form in the last six through the rest of the season then the table would end up roughly like this:

Queens Park 59

Dundee 58

Partick Thistle 54 

Ayr Utd 53

Raith Rovers 52 

Morton 51

Hamilton Accies 48

Inverness CT 43

Arbroath 37

Cove Rangers 35

Cove down and Arbroath in the play off.  We’d be well safe but finish just outside the promotion play offs. If we’re going to get 4th then suggest we still need to improve in the run-in, turning draws into wins. Still all to play for though. 

Edited by roverthemoon

It’s remarkable how much our love of draws/cup form has masked our lack of league wins. Two from the last 11, since beating Hamilton at home in November (both away to the bottom two, Hamilton/Arbroath). 

I really doubt at this stage we’ll get dragged into anything down the bottom end of the league. But really it’s been our results against Arbroath/Hamilton that has sealed that (16 points from 18 against those two, just 18 from everyone else in 19 matches). 

14 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

If you continue the form in the last six through the rest of the season then the table would end up roughly like this:

Queens Park 59

Dundee 58

Partick Thistle 54 

Ayr Utd 53

Raith Rovers 52 

Morton 51

Hamilton Accies 48

Inverness CT 43

Arbroath 37

Cove Rangers 35

Cove down and Arbroath in the play off.  We’d be well safe but finish just outside the promotion play offs. If we’re going to get 4th then suggest we still need to improve in the run-in, turning draws into wins. Still all to play for though. 

You have to wonder if Cove stuck with Jim McIntyre whether they’d be better or worse off. Hartley has hardly done any better. 

1 hour ago, Paco said:

It’s remarkable how much our love of draws/cup form has masked our lack of league wins. Two from the last 11, since beating Hamilton at home in November (both away to the bottom two, Hamilton/Arbroath). 

I really doubt at this stage we’ll get dragged into anything down the bottom end of the league. But really it’s been our results against Arbroath/Hamilton that has sealed that (16 points from 18 against those two, just 18 from everyone else in 19 matches). 

Yeah, we haven't had a league win against anyone other than the bottom 2, since October.

1 hour ago, bagpuss said:

On the subject of the possible takeover, while I don't expect a running commentary on what's being discussed it would be nice to know if all parties are still talking to each other.

Completely agree, although they won't name anyone surely the fans should be getting some form of an update.

Chairman sat down 3 weeks ago on camera and updated everyone. I’m sure they will again when there is something to actually say. I’d rather these things were getting sorted professionally behind closed doors than play out publicly like the embarrassing back and forth we had a few weeks back where there was a Courier headline every week.

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah. Still hard not to get angry at the amount of money we have thrown away out of sheer stupidity.

Drew one of the OF in the Scottish Cup and became reckless with the cash. That won't happen again, right? 

On 23/02/2023 at 16:09, CountryBumpkin said:

According to the Courier, Spencer has triggered another years option on his contract, if he wants to take it up (about 2/3 down the page)

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4171840/brad-spencer-not-looking-ahead-as-raith-rovers-prepare-for-busy-month/

Hopefully he doesn't 

Two things from last night.

Two Friday's on the trot and we've see shite penalties, amazingly both worked in our favour.

The groundsman really has to work on the pitch down the wings, Ross Millen keeps getting stuck in the mud that prevents him advancing up the park.

33 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Two things from last night.

Two Friday's on the trot and we've see shite penalties, amazingly both worked in our favour.

The groundsman really has to work on the pitch down the wings, Ross Millen keeps getting stuck in the mud that prevents him advancing up the park.

Got up the park pretty well I thought, especially to pick out Easton in the box 2nd half.

Best outfield player for my money.