The New Raith Rovers Thread

Shit I thought brown was on a 2 year deal.

For me he's the most important signing that Ian Murray has made. I think he's started every match so far, he is versatile and can slot in to cover in defence, has a better shot on him than he thinks he does and he's a composed presence on the park. How many yellow cards does he pick up then not put a foot wrong the rest of the game. 

7 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Shit I thought brown was on a 2 year deal.

For me he's the most important signing that Ian Murray has made. I think he's started every match so far, he is versatile and can slot in to cover in defence, has a better shot on him than he thinks he does and he's a composed presence on the park. How many yellow cards does he pick up then not put a foot wrong the rest of the game. 

If you told me we could keep one of Brown and Connolly, I’d pick Brown. I don’t know why, but I had Brown on a two year deal too…so I probably mislead a few people, apologies.

Edit: Here’s why: https://www.raithrovers.net/54883/scott-brown-becomes-ian-murrays-second-arrival.htm

Lists a two year deal…looking further…

Edit two: Raith Rovers website listed Brown’s contract as expiring June 2023 a couple of days ago…now says June 2024.

Edited by TxRover

50 minutes ago, Enigma said:

There was something in a Raith TV or a Courier interview a couple of month ago about him being poised to sign on for another year, then we never heard any more.

Whatever's happened, it's a massive plus to have Brown signed until the summer of 2024.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

There was something in a Raith TV or a Courier interview a couple of month ago about him being poised to sign on for another year, then we never heard any more.

Weird, because they announced it in the Spring as a two year deal through 2024.

13 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Aye, I'd have Brown as one of the first we need to keep.  Murray appears to be building something (#transition) but really don't want to see this side decimated in the summer.

Hopefully whoever takes us over (if it even happens) also sees this and doesn’t try to change too much.

We seem to have some sort of genie who grants our every wish with Brown. Last week, we were all fretting at him missing the Motherwell game and it turned out he wasn't suspended after all. This week, we're worried about his contract expiring this summer and it turns out he's signed up until 2024.

Brown hattrick on Friday please....

15 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So Brown is actually on a two year deal, then? Great news! C7E4AFA4-F5A7-43CE-9FC1-95327D423AF8.jpeg.a984429dc909f7101d0281b4b598f9f6.jpeg

Edit: This section has been added to his profile on the website. You’d think we’d have announced this when it happened. 

Strange, given it was initially announced as a two year deal, I’ll take it though.

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Hamilton’s revival has brought the bottom of the table a little bit closer. Hope we can start picking up wins to ease my natural nervousness. 

This weeks fixture list should help…Cove and Accies face stiff competition, Partick v Arbroath could be a win for us either way, and ICT are unlikely to get anything.

9 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Hamilton’s revival has brought the bottom of the table a little bit closer. Hope we can start picking up wins to ease my natural nervousness. 

Accies have had a good turn around but it’s pretty much a 3 horse race at the bottom now.  I’d say 40 points will absolutely guarantee safety.  There would have to be a monumental collapse by ourselves or Inverness to fail to reach that with 11 games to play.  If Accies keep up their good form it’s Cove and Arbroath that’ll be very worried. We’re as close to Queens Park as Accies are to us and I don’t think we’re catching them. 

edited as I can’t count. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

46 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Not overly concerned about Hamilton's upturn in form impacting our league campaign, more worried about the cup final if they keep going the way they're going.

Think in a one off final it’ll be a fairly tight game. Have to be honest and don’t think I’d be that devastated to lose the final having won it so recently. Might feel different on the day. 

P&B’s latest form guide shows it’s the current best two teams in the final…

SPFL Championship
Form Guide
Points Last Six

Hamilton Accies 13
Raith Rovers 10
Partick Thistle 9
Queens Park 8
Dundee 8
Arbroath 8
Ayr Utd 7
Morton 7
Inverness CT 6
Cove Rangers 5

Cove may end up in trouble if this form continues. 

Edited by roverthemoon

Hamilton's form would be more worrying if we looked incapable of picking up any sort of results but at the moment that's not the case. There's also the fact that at least one of Cove and Arbroath would need to put a similar run together and that doesn't look likely at this stage.

Agree that the cup final will be a different proposition than we thought it might have been a month ago though.