The New Raith Rovers Thread

Last time I was at Ibrox to see the Rovers was back when we were in the Prem and we were sitting where their main singing section sit just now with an empty seat beside us and a bit of tape separating the fans. As a 9 year old I have abiding memories of their arsehole support so I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to take my son there....and there's no way he'll let me go without him 😆. If push comes to shove I'll save myself for the semi final. 

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Last time I was at Ibrox to see the Rovers was back when we were in the Prem and we were sitting where their main singing section sit just now with an empty seat beside us and a bit of tape separating the fans. As a 9 year old I have abiding memories of their arsehole support so I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to take my son there....and there's no way he'll let me go without him 😆. If push comes to shove I'll save myself for the semi final. 

Same. I think the last couple of times I was at Ibrox were 1-0 and 4-0 defeats in the ‘90s. I was there for a 2-2 draw as well. My 9 year old boy is also wanting to go, so might as well go and give him the experience.

8 minutes ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

Is Raithfantalk gone debunked. Ive tried to register with three different email addresses but no luck. Always get as far as them sending me an email to validate new account but nothing from them. Is there a way of contacting them without being registered.

Have you checked your spam filter...

Surely going to be the Sunday match which is a shame as I’d prefer a Saturday in Glasgow. Slightly more pleasant memories of my last trip to Ibrox as it was the 2-1 win when Nade scored the winner. Recall the crowd was woeful with the Dave King organised boycott and some of our fans refusing to go after the Fifes Finest flag was destroyed by their “Ultras” (wee fuds in fake Stone Island). Was on the Clockwise Orange after the game jacket zipped up surrounded by their always friendly and gracious supporters.  Had to wait till Queen Street to crack a smile. 

7 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Having 3 strikes should see the c**t banned from football, however, this also reflects upon whomever hired him at the time.

You can almost forgive Raith as he had just come off the back of a successful spell at Caley. However there can be no sympathy for the Pars. Hiring Peter Grant and John Hughes in the same season was utterly hilarious. 

5 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Yogi has a lot of friends at the BBC, every time a managers job is available he’s touting himself on the radio/TV telling everyone how great he is and how much he’s learned. Pile of utter sh*te. No one can be seriously thinking about taking him on surly. Madness if they do. 

I suspect that all of the ‘Yogi being considered’ headlines are as a result of him phoning up journalist pals and telling them he’s in the running. Surely no club is actually stupid enough to hire that charlatan. 

16 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Yogi has a lot of friends at the BBC, every time a managers job is available he’s touting himself on the radio/TV telling everyone how great he is and how much he’s learned. Pile of utter sh*te. No one can be seriously thinking about taking him on surly. Madness if they do. 

This is true. After Dunfermline (deservedly) beat us at theirs after the CC final last season, the journalists on Spirtsound were of the opinion that Yogi would have Dunfermline challenging for the Permiership...

16 hours ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

Is Raithfantalk gone debunked. Ive tried to register with three different email addresses but no luck. Always get as far as them sending me an email to validate new account but nothing from them. Is there a way of contacting them without being registered.

Definitely need put on a register if you want to go on raith fantalk.