The New Raith Rovers Thread

Well, we will take cash from 45000 knuckledragging bigots, plus TV money.  Half of Kirkcaldy will be there in the home end singing about how Kirkcaldy is a shitehole :D , and the brighter fans will be in the away bit of course.
Would love to get a win there and get to the semis but canny see it.  Nothing better than getting one up on those morons.

Personally a great draw financially and we have nothing to lose and everything to gain  , Can you imagine getting a favourable draw and then losing it would be more gut wrenching ,This could potentially set us up for next season regarding contract extensions etc . Stevie Mac stated before the Linlithgow game a good cup run and finishing 4 th we would be fine financially well the club would never have dreamed of getting into the quarters away to Rangers which will probably be televised and getting to another cup final with a minimum 15k to 25k if we win and if we finish in 4th what a season it would be . 

Edited by basher brash

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

We should be making a profit now, certainly. There is indeed a chance, albeit a very small one. The club will be very happy with the draw that's for sure. 

But when the QF draw has 4 non-Premiership teams, it feels like a kick in the balls drawing Rangers. 

I totally get what your saying mate but I couldn’t handle losing to ayr, ICT , Falkirk or Killie with little to show when we will have a big fat cheque for comfort and possibly be able to tie up a couple of good players for next season, but would love to see the rovers back at hampden again 

Still really disappointed by that draw., but one of those things I guess. Two years in a row we’ve got to a quarter final and drawn an Old Firm side away, pretty rotten luck. Great for finances, sure, but none of us will remember the great balance sheet of 2023 in the way we’d remember a trip to Hampden. 

About £125k due for being a quarter finalist and being on TV. Plus the Motherwell gate and whatever we get from Ibrox - my fag packet maths would put it at around £250k if there’s a similar crowd to their match with Partick. Hopefully sets us up well for next season because Ian Murray has done a very good job of stabilising us so far. 

Put me into the bracket of being gutted with the draw - given Ayr and Darvel/Falkirk were the only teams left at the point we came out. 

Yes good for the coffers, great for the club. But semi finals don’t come around often and chance to make memories with a trip to Hampden again, can’t feel gutted we missed one of the more favourable opponents. 

Yeah that draw could have gone so much better for us. Trips to Hampden (unfortunately a Hearts v Rovers semi, say, wouldn’t get moved to somewhere more convenient) don’t come around often. We’ll just have to do it the hard way.

Realised I’m out the country for the semi final dates, but I am no less disappointed that we don’t really have much chance of getting there. There is no right answer in this situation because those, like me, who are disappointed by the draw are easily countered by those with the thought process that we could’ve drawn Ayr or Falkirk or Killie and lost. Good news for the budget for next season, bad news for football reasons and possibility of memories and occasions. It is what it is and can’t be helped. Ibrox is a fucking dirge of a day out for away fans, though.  

I don’t get the near complete acceptance of the idea this is a money draw with no chance of a win. Rangers have looked quite fragile for a while, with wins that didn’t really impress. Partick showed you can do it, and we’re certainly a better footballing side than Partick are right now. We’ll be playing a Premiership team, with a team built and drilled to use Premiership tactics and passing, it’s far from a certainty that we’re doomed. Despite all the warnings they’ll get, all the talk of don’t underestimate Raith, etc., it’s human nature for them to do it and, just perhaps, give us a chance.

I'm not too cut up by the draw, but I wouldn't have made it home for the quarters or semis either way. So I suppose my reasons are purely selfish. Good pay day for the club and Ian Murray absolutely deserves that wee bit of cash for next season that we wouldn't have had otherwise.

It’s the Quarter-Final of the Scottish Cup, so birthday parties / kids football permitting, I’d like to be there.

We don’t make the QFs of the Scottish Cup that often and we’ve only made the SF once in my 30 odd years following the Rovers. From memory - pumped 4-1 by Airdrie at home in 1995, lost 3-0 to Falkirk away in 1996, lost 3-1 to St Johnstone in 2014, lost 1-0 to Inverness in 2015. Any more?

Edit: just checked and it was 2-0 and ‘97. Falkirk made the final but lost to Killie.

Edited by Scary Bear