The New Raith Rovers Thread

46 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Anyone know the extra cash earned by getting to the quarter finals? 

Be good if we could use some of that to get some of the current squad tied down for next season. 

£102,000 + £24,000 for TV games in the Quarter finals. 

One of the non-Premiership sides at Stark’s has to be what we want. Obviously there’s the ICT hoodoo but we can always do them on pens. Killie at home isn’t a bad draw either.  

We can deal with Hearts or the Old Firm at Hampden. 

Definitely want one of the non-Premiership teams, preferably at home. High stakes as it would be brutal to lose out to an Ayr, Inverness or Falkirk/Darvel and miss out on a Hampden trip, but they still offer our best chance of progression. Let Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Killie get each other and let us diddies fight it out. 

Hopefully use some of the cash we’ve earned to tie some of the players down out of contract for next season. 

That’s if they all are behind what Muzza is building. What a club, and what a gaffer - that’s surely it now sealed with a kiss the folk who doubted him at the start. 

Inherited a team that wasn’t his - cut budget. Now on a great unbeaten run with play offs in site, Scottish cup quarter final with a real possibility of a semi at Hampden and a chance to retain the Challenge Cup! 

Cmon the Rovers 🔵⚪

11 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I wonder where we'll be on the running order on sportscene tonight? Obviously Celtic will be the headline story of the night after that incredible 5-1 demolition of St Mirren but hopefully we might be up next. 

I hope so. The days of me managing to stay awake past around 11pm on a Saturday night are long gone!

What we all knew already.

6 hours ago, rowsdower said:

On a positive note Raith TV is really good. Their presentation of the game beats most premier league teams, and blows us out the water. I came from that game not hating them, so that says a lot. I hope they win the cup. 

It's a months subscription, I'm going to watch more of their games.

I have to say, we have endured the pixellot camera following the baldie lino, and to have to listen to the Fermer, however, for years we have a product to be proud of.

Well done to RaithTV, you knock it out of the park every week.

15 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Really did enjoy the chants of “there’s only 1 Ian Murray” towards the end today. A thoroughly likeable guy who’s doing a great job with the tools at his disposal. 

100% this ☝ its great watching what he's developing. I'm also enjoying the open communication, seems like he enjoys chatting with the TV guys. Always felt there was an edge with JM that meant everyone was on guard (including JM) 

Just getting the story "as it is" works. I felt the same when results were not falling our way. Actually ridiculous what the squads producing. 

Also a proper cult hero who gets the ball in the net is long overdue. Goncalves goal and  interview puts him in pole position if he wants to have a support falling over him.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I wonder where we'll be on the running order on sportscene tonight? Obviously Celtic will be the headline story of the night after that incredible 5-1 demolition of St Mirren but hopefully we might be up next. 

First up with ICT next because we put out teams in the higher league. ' Tic only in third slot.

6 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

100% this ☝ its great watching what he's developing. I'm also enjoying the open communication, seems like he enjoys chatting with the TV guys. Always felt there was an edge with JM that meant everyone was on guard (including JM) 

Well said. I always remember the “can you count?” interview down at Stranraer which really didn’t reflect well on either party to be honest.

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Well said. I always remember the “can you count?” interview down at Stranraer which really didn’t reflect well on either party to be honest.

I was at the recording and felt for the first time JMc let things slip due to pressure.

He did later apologise, but he was wiser in his later interviews when things went wrong.

A wee word for Connor McBride, if it hasn’t been said already here or on the match threads. It’s been a good week for him - took his goal well against Arbroath, literally ran himself to a standstill vs Dundee, and came on and helped us manage out the game with smart attacking play yesterday. Great to see him go from being a warm body of last resort to a very useful squad player in recent weeks. I was one of those questioning why he was here earlier in the season, but glad to be proved wrong. He’s really stepped up when our squad has been down to the bare bones.

5 hours ago, Kuma Power said:

A wee word for Connor McBride, if it hasn’t been said already here or on the match threads. It’s been a good week for him - took his goal well against Arbroath, literally ran himself to a standstill vs Dundee, and came on and helped us manage out the game with smart attacking play yesterday. Great to see him go from being a warm body of last resort to a very useful squad player in recent weeks. I was one of those questioning why he was here earlier in the season, but glad to be proved wrong. He’s really stepped up when our squad has been down to the bare bones.

Agree with this. It looks like there's a player there and with a bit of patience Murray seems to be starting to get a tune from him. 

32 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Starks Park has its faults, but when the South Stand is busy and the Rovers are shooting the right way, you can still get some noise.

Fans were superb yesterday.  

It's a bit like a smaller hampden in that respect, when the game is shit the atmosphere is flat, it's a proper tumbleweed experience die to the stands being so spaced out. 

However when it's rocking it's fucking brilliant