The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Well played Ian Murray he knew 3 at the back wasn’t working and changed it when was the last time you seen Rovers make a change in the first halve apart from injuries , Change it Mcglynn certainly wouldn’t have  

I dunno, I remember him hooking Thierri Gatuessi after 30 mins when we were being murdered away by Airdrie back in 2010...

One things for sure Akio looks like he'll give 100% each week. Good work rate, found himself in a good position for his goal and a cracking penalty as well. But do agree with posts above but the 1st half especially there weren't many that would have gotten pass marks. Hopefully with continued minutes he'll improve. 

17 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Living further afield I usually just drive to games. A friend who is a Motherwell fan is going with his wife and a friend. What's the best place for them to get grub. I suggested the dutchess or exchequer. What is that alfies place on the corner of the High Street? 

You should call and book in at the Novar if you can, massive portions, good selection, a decent pint (also Tennant's if you're that way inclined) and it's a Rovers bar too. 

Otherwise Exchequer is ok, as is O'Connells for food. Not too sure about Alfies

22 minutes ago, JaketheSnake said:

That was because of his horrendous dive. Barely played after that 

Well, that may have been part of it but I put it down to the fact he was getting absolutely fucking ragdolled.

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

Was his dive not at Stark's and the game in question not at Airdrie? 

Aye, it was Airdrie away I was referring to. Think we were in our 3 games a week mode by then thanks to our cup run and that heavy winter, and it was one game where it all caught up. 

1 minute ago, renton said:

Aye, it was Airdrie away I was referring to. Think we were in our 3 games a week mode by then thanks to our cup run and that heavy winter, and it was one game where it all caught up. 

Yeah I think it was the game after the cup semi. We were dire and Baird scored a couple for Airdrie having already signed a PCA with us. 

31 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

You should call and book in at the Novar if you can, massive portions, good selection, a decent pint (also Tennant's if you're that way inclined) and it's a Rovers bar too. 

Otherwise Exchequer is ok, as is O'Connells for food. Not too sure about Alfies

Alfies offers some nice food at a reasonable price. I also heard that Alfies may be welcoming 3 Motherwell buses on Saturday so may be very busy.

1 hour ago, JaketheSnake said:

That was because of his horrendous dive. Barely played after that 

Was it not because he had been horrendous and then gave away a foul throw? I'm almost sure he was subbed in the stoppage before Airdrie took their resulting throw 🤣

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:

Living further afield I usually just drive to games. A friend who is a Motherwell fan is going with his wife and a friend. What's the best place for them to get grub. I suggested the dutchess or exchequer. What is that alfies place on the corner of the High Street? 

Alfie’s is good for a drink. Not sure about food.

2 hours ago, foreverarover said:

Not sure about pre match atmosphere but The Duchess is far nicer for food and a drink than the Exchequer.